Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
kstorms27
Mouseketeer

Disney Holidays

We are going to Disney this weekend for our first trip during the holidays. I wanted to get some ideas of where the best decorations are and some ideas of things to do. We will be staying at AKL and were just looking for ideas. Thanks!

Last edited by kstorms27; 11-27-2012 at 11:58 AM.
kstorms27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!

Deluxe resorts for great decorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstorms27 View Post
We are going to Disney this weekend for our first trip during the holidays. I wanted to get some ideas of where the best decorations are and some ideas of things to do. We will be staying at AKL and were just looking for ideas. Thanks!
Over the years I've seen the best decorations at the deluxe resorts. Check out the GF with it's huge Gingerbread House, WL with a great tree, BC and BW also have fun things.

I was there a few weeks ago and one of the highlights was a ride on the Characters in Flight at DTD. If you go before 10am it's only $10/person.

Enjoy!!

2015: AKV Mar ~ 2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov

travelin' tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstorms27
For the resorts: The huge gingerbread house in GF is wonderful go see & it smells so yummy. The huge tree in WL is worth seeing also. The BWI has a cute little display, the carousel in BC & the train set in YC.

If you have time & budget for it go to MVMCP at MK, snow on main st, free hot cocoa & cookies.

The candlelight processional at Epcot is beautiful, along with Illuminations after.

At DHS catch the Osbourne Lights. They are stunning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: