Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Rememberingthe70s
Old School
 
Rememberingthe70s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Adirondacks
Posts: 262

Odd Resort Room Question

I have a resort room booked for my weeklong trip in January, but I booked it through Expedia, so I'm not quite sure what to do with this question - Disney, Expedia, or Don't-Worry-About-It.

I'm booked for 7 days, fully paid, going solo. No meal plan, park tickets tickets bought and paid for as well.

My spouse is thinking about coming down for two of the seven days.

My reservation is in my name alone. Expedia has no restrictions posted about adding a person, and I'm certainly not over the Disney room capacity. Should I call somebody?
__________________
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s
I have a resort room booked for my weeklong trip in January, but I booked it through Expedia, so I'm not quite sure what to do with this question - Disney, Expedia, or Don't-Worry-About-It.

I'm booked for 7 days, fully paid, going solo. No meal plan, park tickets tickets bought and paid for as well.

My spouse is thinking about coming down for two of the seven days.

My reservation is in my name alone. Expedia has no restrictions posted about adding a person, and I'm certainly not over the Disney room capacity. Should I call somebody?
You can add him when he arrives; does not matter who you booked it through.
__________________
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,861

If he wants to take Magical Express, you have to add him to the reservation beforehand. Call Expedia to add him and to put him (and you if necessary) on the Magical Express list.
__________________
snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

but he needs to get his own tickets - since the package won't work for him.

unless you add him to the package -then you are talking alot more money.

otherwise just add him when he arrives.
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
but he needs to get his own tickets - since the package won't work for him.

unless you add him to the package -then you are talking alot more money.

otherwise just add him when he arrives.
OP said room only, no package.
__________________
snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 12,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
OP said room only, no package.
She actually didn't say that. She said she had purchased tickets, but didn't specify if she bought them separately from her room.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
OP said room only, no package.
She didn't use the "room only" terminology and later said that she has tickets bought and paid for, too, so I can see where there might be confusion on whether she has a package or a room only ressie. For her situation, the distinction is important.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Melodious
DIS Veteran
 
Melodious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s
I have a resort room booked for my weeklong trip in January, but I booked it through Expedia, so I'm not quite sure what to do with this question - Disney, Expedia, or Don't-Worry-About-It.

I'm booked for 7 days, fully paid, going solo. No meal plan, park tickets tickets bought and paid for as well.

My spouse is thinking about coming down for two of the seven days.

My reservation is in my name alone. Expedia has no restrictions posted about adding a person, and I'm certainly not over the Disney room capacity. Should I call somebody?
We had a friend join us for part of our trip who was not on our package (over adults in room). When we arrived at the Magical Express counter, we told them she was joining us and they printed out an extra magical express voucher there and then, and also booked her on the magical express for her departure day.

When we got to the resort, we explained and they printed out a new KTTW for our friend. All very easy and we didn't have to tell anyone prior to arrival
__________________
Melodious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
Rememberingthe70s
Old School
 
Rememberingthe70s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Adirondacks
Posts: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

She didn't use the "room only" terminology and later said that she has tickets bought and paid for, too, so I can see where there might be confusion on whether she has a package or a room only ressie. For her situation, the distinction is important.
"She" is a he.
__________________
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
Rememberingthe70s
Old School
 
Rememberingthe70s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Adirondacks
Posts: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum

She actually didn't say that. She said she had purchased tickets, but didn't specify if she bought them separately from her room.
Yes, tickets bought separately. (Expedia does not sell full packages.)

Airfare/Resort from Expedia, tix/hoppers bought separately from UCTourist. Made out like a bandit! Averaged out to $150 a day total!
__________________
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #11
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s View Post
"She" is a he.
Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s View Post
Yes, tickets bought separately. (Expedia does not sell full packages.)

Airfare/Resort from Expedia, tix/hoppers bought separately from UCTourist. Made out like a bandit! Averaged out to $150 a day total!
You did great. I love UCTourist. Since you have a room only, you can add your spouse to the ressie at any time and it will not add any costs to room. That way, if your spouse needs ME, it will be completely available. You should be able to do that through Expedia -- not sure if you can do it directly with Disney until closer to your arrival date.

Have fun! I hope your spouse can make it.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #12
kris4360
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 522

We had someone stay with us for a few days. They gave him a room key and parking pass. Was not charged any extra.
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 8,231

As others have said, add him when he gets there unless he needs ME. Then you'd have to add him ahead of time. I wouldn't be concerned about it though, since he's not subject to the extra person charge.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #14
Melodious
DIS Veteran
 
Melodious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
As others have said, add him when he gets there unless he needs ME. Then you'd have to add him ahead of time. I wouldn't be concerned about it though, since he's not subject to the extra person charge.
You don't have to add the extra person ahead of time to use magical express. We did not add the third adult to our package ahead of time and all three of us were still able to use magical express both ways. When we got downstairs to the magical express, we told them how we had an extra person joining us and they printed out an additional voucher for the third person to use magical express right then.

We stressed about this a lot beforehand, because we had a package adn couldn't add her to the whole package, but then when we got there it was no problem to have our friend take the magical express with us
__________________
Melodious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #15
Rememberingthe70s
Old School
 
Rememberingthe70s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Adirondacks
Posts: 262

Thank you all! This was very helpful.
__________________
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.