Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #766
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Not sure if anyone is still interested; but another TR update just got posted.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #767
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Thanks Dabecs, that's what my research had told me, its good to have it confirmed by someone on the scene.

Catch the ferry to Staten Island if it's running as it goes right past Lady Liberty and you get a better view from the water than if you were on the island with her.
We did just that today Ms Shuttergirl And tonight we had dim sum in Chinatown

Tomorrow is the 9/11 memorial and then the Radio City Christmas Spectacular! There was a tv show on about it last night, a behind the scenes style, it looked so fab I can't wait!

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #768
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

The Rockettes were AMAZING. Ms Shuttergirl I was thinking about you when I was watching and kept thinking how much you are going to love it

Each act is short enough to keep the whole audience enthralled. And the precision, the timing the perfection? I have never seen anything like it

The Nativity is so beautiful, it looks like art work.

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
Old 11-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #769
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Oh Dabecs, you are so sweet to think of me. I truly cannot wait to see it.

Tell me, are you able to take photos while in there and watching?

You seem to be having the most magical trip, all your planning has certainly paid off.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:46 AM   #770
baf65
Mouseketeer

Dabecs you are so luck to be away still, mwe have been back 4 days and already its a distant memory!! this time last week was Hollywood studios, today housework and washing!
Our flights home were soooo long, 36hrs from door to door, alone with 2 kids, one of whom broke out in some terrible rash/hives on the flight that before takeoff in LAX the cabin manager had to call medlink to get approval for him to fly, the other kid was throwing up or collapsing on the floor from exhaustion ...then to top it all off as i was dragging myself, 2kids and 3 hand luggage bags out of the lift at the LAX Qantas lounge, who should ask their kids to move aside so we could get out but Victoria Beckham!! She looked fab, i looked like crap! I couldnt bring myself to ask for a photo with her!
Arrival into Australia, knew we were back as not one person offered to help me when 2 of my bags fell off my trolley in the crowded arrivals hall at Melbourne airport as I struggled to lift them back on !!! Ahhh I had been in a Disney bubble of excellent customer service for too long!
What a great trip tho, wish Id bought more stuff, you know when you think you have done too much shopping, yet when you unpack you feel like its not enough! Even if the struggle with an extra bag would have been painful!
My DS7 told me he never wants to get on a plane again as he was so airsick, so not sure if my inteneded plan of going back once DH can get travel insurance will come to fruition, i guess I have a year to work on it!!!
baf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #771
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl
Oh Dabecs, you are so sweet to think of me. I truly cannot wait to see it.

Tell me, are you able to take photos while in there and watching?

You seem to be having the most magical trip, all your planning has certainly paid off.
On the the way in there was some announcement about no cameras which worried me because I had mine but no one said anything once we were in. I saw plenty of people holding up iPhones videoing during the performance. I even saw a flash or two go off.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #772
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Baf65: sorry to hear your trip home was so long and painful

The realities of life after Disney are hard to get used to! Everything is so well organised down there and as you said the customer service is unbeatable. Last night we watched an old episode of Roseanne where the family went to WDW! At the very end when they are back home the doorbell rings and it is a waiter who has flown their breakfast to them!

I don't blame your son for not wanting to fly again - is there any medication available for air sickness?

Old 11-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #773
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf65 View Post
Dabecs you are so luck to be away still, mwe have been back 4 days and already its a distant memory!! this time last week was Hollywood studios, today housework and washing!
Our flights home were soooo long, 36hrs from door to door, alone with 2 kids, one of whom broke out in some terrible rash/hives on the flight that before takeoff in LAX the cabin manager had to call medlink to get approval for him to fly, the other kid was throwing up or collapsing on the floor from exhaustion ...then to top it all off as i was dragging myself, 2kids and 3 hand luggage bags out of the lift at the LAX Qantas lounge, who should ask their kids to move aside so we could get out but Victoria Beckham!! She looked fab, i looked like crap! I couldnt bring myself to ask for a photo with her!
Arrival into Australia, knew we were back as not one person offered to help me when 2 of my bags fell off my trolley in the crowded arrivals hall at Melbourne airport as I struggled to lift them back on !!! Ahhh I had been in a Disney bubble of excellent customer service for too long!
What a great trip tho, wish Id bought more stuff, you know when you think you have done too much shopping, yet when you unpack you feel like its not enough! Even if the struggle with an extra bag would have been painful!
My DS7 told me he never wants to get on a plane again as he was so airsick, so not sure if my inteneded plan of going back once DH can get travel insurance will come to fruition, i guess I have a year to work on it!!!
Sorry to hear about all the troubles. Getting on the plane sounds very exhausting for you all.

The best way to get over post trip blues is to plan another trip, no matter how far out.

Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #774
shushh
DIS Veteran

Baf65 welcome home! Even though the journey sounded like a lot of hard work. It is tough to be home after Disney. I think we all get the post Disney blues!

Dabecs I was so excited when I read that you loved the rockettes! I wish I could go and watch it again.

Lisa when we went I had to store my DSLR with security. They wouldn't let me take it in but I suppose they can't stop iPhones or small cameras.
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #775
battymum
DIS Veteran

I am all for taking cameras everywhere, but I think a line should be drawn for live theatre -

Leave it at home, enjoy the show and buy the programme!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #776
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Times up for me! I am sitting in the cbr q club waiting for flight and christmas at disney
Here's hoping i don't hit some of the problems baf65 hit but i have to admit i'm no posh spice!
Best wishes for those coming behind me.
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #777
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
Baf65 welcome home! Even though the journey sounded like a lot of hard work. It is tough to be home after Disney. I think we all get the post Disney blues!

Dabecs I was so excited when I read that you loved the rockettes! I wish I could go and watch it again.

Lisa when we went I had to store my DSLR with security. They wouldn't let me take it in but I suppose they can't stop iPhones or small cameras.
I hadn't even thought of taking my camera in actually until I read Dabecs's update. I will likely have my little point and shoot in my bag for a shot of the kids with the stage behind them before the show starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarglider View Post
Times up for me! I am sitting in the cbr q club waiting for flight and christmas at disney
Here's hoping i don't hit some of the problems baf65 hit but i have to admit i'm no posh spice!
Best wishes for those coming behind me.
Have fun Sugarglider, might see you wandering around although I'd say there will be a few other people in the parks too. Enjoy Fantasyland

Old 11-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #778
zaccy
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=baf65;My DS7 told me he never wants to get on a plane again as he was so airsick, so not sure if my inteneded plan of going back once DH can get travel insurance will come to fruition, i guess I have a year to work on it!!![/QUOTE]

It's worth a trip to the doctor to see what can be done for your son if you want to travel again. My youngest has quite bad travel sickness but we now use some medication and she is great - the only side affect is she does get a bit sleepy. Not such a bad thing on a long flight.........

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, coming back to reality can be a pain
zaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #779
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum
I am all for taking cameras everywhere, but I think a line should be drawn for live theatre -

Leave it at home, enjoy the show and buy the programme!
I agree! There was a guy in front of me who had his iPhone in front of his face filming the entire time. Where is the enjoyment in that?

I took my camera for photos of my girls before/after the show, but for photos of the show I bought the programme

Old 11-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #780
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your difficult flight home baf65.
We just use Sealegs for air travel and them seem to work okay.
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: