Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
FrankF
Earning My Ears

Fantasy, Nov. 10-17, Western Caribbean

So many interesting and informative TRs have been written. This one will be relatively brief (I think).

Sailing were me and DW (both 61), and another couple of similar age. No kids. First time on DCL. DW and I have been on only two prior cruises, a 3-day Bahamas on Carnival, and a 7-day Alaska on Norwegian.

We had 11-11:30 check-in, and were in boarding group 5. Easy, smooth process, and a great, relaxed start to the trip.

We loved the Fantasy. Just beautiful in every way. We were in aft stateroom 6690. Had read some mixed emotions about aft rooms, but we were totally satisfied. The Veranda was large, had two chairs, small table, and a lounge chair. Our friends were in 10164, also aft, and had a HUGE veranda. Both were 5E categories.

The food was good at all three MDRs, no disappointments or issues. Our servers were Alex and Maureen, and they could not have been better. We really enjoyed AP!

We did dinner and brunch at Palo, and dinner (final night) at Remy. Thought each was outstanding, and worth the extra $$$. Palo brunch is an absolute "must do".

The adult only outdoor areas on decks 11, 12, and 13 were fantastic. Never an issue finding comfy places to relax, or with invasion by children. Particularly enjoyed Satellite Falls.

We started almost every day with a couple of laps around deck 4, and then relaxed in the Cove Cafe over some good specialty coffees and some tasty treats like muffins, Danish, croissants, etc. Cove Cafe was one of our favorite spots.

We did a champagne tasting which was very interesting, and a lot of fun. We also did a late night whiskey tasting, but that was most disappointing, the only disappointment we experienced.

First sea day, DW and I did the Couples Choice in the spa. It was wonderful, relaxing, enjoyable. We both selected the hot stone massage. Good as it was, not sure we would do it again. Rather expensive, but certainly worth it once. We visited the Rainforest several other times during the week and loved it. Those heated loungers!

Shore excursions started with Nautilus Semi-sub in Grand Cayman. Interesting and fun. Did the Bike-Kayak tour in Costa Maya, and it was outstanding. Could not have been more fun! Our Fury Catamaran in Cozumel was canceled due to a wind and rain storm that hit just as we were gathering on the ship. The weather actually turned beautiful shortly thereafter. We went ashore with our friends, walked around some and then rented a jeep. Drove up and down the coast, stopping here and there. Turned out great! Had lunch at Palmeras, if memory serves, and it was good.

Finally, what to say about CC?! Rented bikes, lolled on the beach, great lunch. Wonderful.

We only caught one show, on the last night. It was very good. We did see two movies, "Lincoln" and "Wreck-it Ralph". Both great!

Debarkation was a total breeze. We had early breakfast, walked right off, and we were at MCO by 9:15AM for our 12:20PM flight back to Long Island.

Bottom line, as folks who are not frequent cruisers, we booked on board for an Eastern Caribbean in Nov. 2013. If any reader would like any more detailed info, I would be happy to try and provide.
FrankF is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: