Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
meljean
Mouseketeer

We stayed at POP for the first time and we loved it! My boys were 4 and 1 1/2 and I thought we would come back for naps, we did one out of 9 days. We had a double stroller and they slept or rested there. We didn't push them hard though. You well love POP!

MeDH : DS-6 DS-4: DD 1

meljean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #17
samgminov
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus77 View Post
POP was very easy whe we went with a 3 and 12 mo old. We did pay a little more for a proffered room, though, just to cut down on the walking within the resort.
We booked a preferred room, too....My 3-year old is a bit of a diva when it comes to walking.

samgminov is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #18
samgminov
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for your advice. All the decisions....How does anyone ever plan a vacation!!!!

Old 11-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #19
samgminov
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I would be more concerned about the size of the beds than the transportation issues.
I was concerned about this, too, but my kids are really little and DH can sleep with one and I can sleep with the other. They have full sized beds at home and I've fallen asleep with them while putting them down for bed, more times than I care to admit.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #20
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

If you want magic out of a DVC BWV boardwalk view did it for us. It was wonderful! Otherwise, book Moderate, you'll have magic and less cost than WL. POFQ is our fav
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #21
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I don't have any experience with renting DVC and I'm not opposed to it, but the two things I hate about it are no housekeeping and the fact that you have to pay the owner up front if you want the dining plan so they can add it. I realize these things aren't huge deals, but it's an annoyance that has deterred me from renting points for a while.

If I were you, I'd go back to WL. With children that age, I would imagine you'll be taking mid-day breaks? If so, you'll be glad to have the balcony you can go out on while the kids nap or whatever. Plus it's quick and easy transportation via boat or bus to MK, or even boat to Contemporary where you can pick up the monorail or walk to MK. Plus, WL has all new renovated rooms.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

I would choose BLT first (monorail or walk to MK, monorail to EP, leaves bus for only AK and DHS), BWV or BCV second (again location, location, location). Transportation issues can make or break a WDW vacation, especially with little kids. Make it a vacation for you, too! Cut your transportation time and pick a monorail or EP resort!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #23
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgminov View Post
We booked a preferred room, too....My 3-year old is a bit of a diva when it comes to walking.
I hate to break it to you, but we were just at WDW with my 4 1/2 yr old (who was three on our last trip) and she is STILL a diva when it comes to walking!!!! Hoping your 3-yr old grows out of it quicker than mine did!

OP- Since bed size isn't a concern, base your resort choice on 1. price and then 2. what appeals to you. If you can afford deluxe, then location plays a little more importance because you can be closer to the park of your choosing and perhaps walk there. If you are looking at moderate or value, then location doesn't matter based on your schedule.
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #24
Missytara
I'm all ears!

That is funny. Last year, I did my first trip with kids. The 15 month old insisted walking everywhere and the 5 year old complained constantly about walking.

The little one walked the entire way from the standard view at Acadian House in POR to the food court every single morning. While both couples went off to rides the attractions, the 15 month old and I walked for hours and the 5 year would walk for about an hour and then give up!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

now love BLT - own there - so definitely love it.

if you are paying cash and can afford a deluxe go for it.

if you are not - then stick with Pop. It is a great resort - your age children will be happy at Pop. to the big icon - make sure the kids watch some old disney films - lady & tramp - jungle book - so they can know who these big things are....

Pop has the best bus transportation, a great food court (done of the deluxes do) they have quick service but it is more expensive than the food court at values.

best yet the kids - there should be some there ages - not many littles ones at deluxes.

so it is your choice - but in this economy might just stick with Pop.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #26
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I think kids that age would love Pop Century, but keep in mind that the rooms are tiny, there is only one sink, not much counter space, and the beds are doubles not queens. I know you said bed size isn't a concern but what about sink/bathroom area?

Have you looked at moderates? You get a little more space, slightly larger beds, and a water slide I have a hard time justifying a lot of $$$ on a resort at Disney, but am a fan of the moderates.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: