Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I really like CBR as well It's not as recently refurbished as POFQ or POR but it's still a nice resort. Love the tropical theme, it's a very relaxing resort and perfect for a Florida vacation. The food court is really cute, and the pool area is great for kids. Just be prepared for double beds, not queens.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
pumba21
Mouseketeer

We stayed at CBR for the first time in September. We liked the resort and did not mind how big it was at all. We were by ourselves on our side of the building until the last 2 days. I loved that I could run around the resort without worrying about traffic. The bus system took some time as you have to make multiple stops. With that being said we didn't like it enough to stay there again. we have decided to go back to POP
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Thank you all for your reviews. I greatly appreciate it!

Regarding that check in isn't in the same building, that won't bother me since we own a timeshare at Orange Lake Country Club and own at SSR so check in for us is NEVER in the same buidling.

For us, the bigger the better so I guess that too is a plus where some would see a negative.

Thank you for the advice on what building to request. I do appreciate knowing where I should request.

I do LOVE the caribbean feel and I think that will be nice too.

Thanks so much for all your help. I really do appreciate it!
I think you will love it! We used to own at SSR (love that resort) and like you we want a larger resort. CBR is spread out however for us its easily walkable. The only rooms that I find to be a bit inconvenient (maybe on par with the Carousel section of SSR) are the pirate rooms. If you didn't book one of those, you have no worries regarding that section!

We love the food court, beaches, lush tropical grounds, spacious rooms (same size as a standard AKL or WL room), central location and having views around the resort of the high up fireworks of Illuminations is a huge plus.

We have stayed in both Jamaica and Barbados and enjoyed both. We were in one of the furthest out sections of Barbados and our walk to the food court (with lots of stopping to look at bunnies with then 9 year old dd) was about 7 minutes.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #19
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed there since 1995, but we loved it when we did. We are going to stay there again in 2013, and I am looking very forward to it. The spread out feeling didn't bother me at all. Maybe if there was only one bus stop it would.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: