DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #3091
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I'm not understanding - or my post may have been unclear but each resort has different lists.

The one I posted above in blue is specific for OKW.

The one I posted in purple is specific to BWV.

As far as I can tell each one has a possibility of being fulfilled at BWV. OKW has the exceptions if your booked in the HH category then a couple of the neighborhood requests couldn't be fulfilled and the lavatories. But that's the trade off if you booked HH. They just aren't 100% smart with the request list but since they aren't guaranteed I guess DVC doesn't particularly care. I don't think it can be argued that you can't be near HH even though not booked into it so that would be a valid request and is an option to choose.
Actually, I think part of the issue is that the request list is there for those who book through CR. If you book through DVC, you must specifically BOOK HH area to get it. It can't be a request as such. I think it probably is the request of "near HH", and that would usually mean buildings 28 or 29. I'd be pretty scared to make that request, since I hope to NEVER have to stay in one of those buildings again.

I was glad to see they added "canal view" to the list. That way, when I request South Point, they will know that I really want one of the canal rooms.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #3092
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Actually, I think part of the issue is that the request list is there for those who book through CR. If you book through DVC, you must specifically BOOK HH area to get it. It can't be a request as such. I think it probably is the request of "near HH", and that would usually mean buildings 28 or 29. I'd be pretty scared to make that request, since I hope to NEVER have to stay in one of those buildings again.
What's wrong with 28 and 29?

Stupid Judy.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #3093
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Less than 10 more days until this!
Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #3094
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post

I was glad to see they added "canal view" to the list. That way, when I request South Point, they will know that I really want one of the canal rooms.
Or you could request Miller's Road area and Hospitality House area and potentially end up in 62 or 63 or even 16 without being booked in the HH category. That would be a way to indicate you didn't mean 28 or 29. (I too am curious what is so bad about them?!?! We've been in bldgs 62, 56 and 14 so we have a several areas left to check out.

Canal view must be a favorite request since they had it on the list twice!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #3095
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
What's wrong with 28 and 29?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Or you could request Miller's Road area and Hospitality House area and potentially end up in 62 or 63 or even 16 without being booked in the HH category. That would be a way to indicate you didn't mean 28 or 29. (I too am curious what is so bad about them?!?! We've been in bldgs 62, 56 and 14 so we have a several areas left to check out.

Canal view must be a favorite request since they had it on the list twice!
29 is very close to the road and the bus noise can be quite an annoyance. We were unfortunate enough to get the studio on the bottom floor next to the road and it really was the worst. We were only there for 4 days so we didn't complain or ask for a change, but whenever we book now I always state any building but 29.

cheryl
Old 11-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #3096
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Hey Happy Belated Thanksgiving OKW Lovers!

Just got back from a fantastic week at OKW. We were in #3424, 2bd, villa was in great shape, clean & other than a shortage of TP, it was all good. New key cards worked well. Olivia's for arrival lunch, finally got the famous fried chicken, awesome! Introduced some new friends to the Turtle Krawl from the Guirgling Suitcase. The seven of us had a fabulous time.

Gosh, can't wait to go again!

PS. Not a fan of the Bergemot/Grapefruit shampoo/conditioner,oh well!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 11-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #3097
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post

Just got back from a fantastic week at OKW. We were in #3424, 2bd, villa was in great shape, clean & other than a shortage of TP, it was all good. New key cards worked well. Olivia's for arrival lunch, finally got the famous fried chicken, awesome! Introduced some new friends to the Turtle Krawl from the Guirgling Suitcase. The seven of us had a fabulous time.

Right back at you.....glad you had a good time.

che
Old 11-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #3098
spencerbomar
DVC since March 93

OKW - Original Disney Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
I was wondering if there is an OKW lovers thread?

I wanted to thank Caskbill for the beautiful panoramic pics I saw.
There is now!
Old 11-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #3099
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
29 is very close to the road and the bus noise can be quite an annoyance. We were unfortunate enough to get the studio on the bottom floor next to the road and it really was the worst. We were only there for 4 days so we didn't complain or ask for a change, but whenever we book now I always state any building but 29.

cheryl
That's correct, and neither has much of a view of anything other than very close bushes. I know some like the proximaty to HH from those villas, but I found 29 at least to feel like it took about the same as walking from 45 and 46.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #3100
happyann79
Mouseketeer

Love this resort!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #3101
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Quote:

We too just got back from this wonderful resort. We were lucky to get a GV in building 43 (4323) and it was absolutely perfect. Nothing was broken, dirty, or out of place. My family was shocked at the size and beauty of the villa. The crowds were a bit more than usual this time of year but thinned out as the week progressed. We had an awesome time.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #3102
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaks View Post
We too just got back from this wonderful resort. We were lucky to get a GV in building 43 (4323) and it was absolutely perfect.
Hey DisneyFreaks, this is the exact same GV we had in June of 2011 for my son's middle school graduation vacation! Loved its proximity to the quiet pool & the snack bar!

This one and one in building 15 are my favorites! (But honestly I think any GV would be great!)

You're right about the crowds, at Epcot on Wed night, we almost had it all to ourselves! Friday, it got busier in the afternoon!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 11-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #3103
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaks

We too just got back from this wonderful resort. We were lucky to get a GV in building 43 (4323) and it was absolutely perfect. Nothing was broken, dirty, or out of place. My family was shocked at the size and beauty of the villa. The crowds were a bit more than usual this time of year but thinned out as the week progressed. We had an awesome time.
Nice! We will be checking into a GV on Saturday at OKW! Can't wait!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #3104
DisneyFreaks

Quote:
Hey DisneyFreaks, this is the exact same GV we had in June of 2011 for my son's middle school graduation vacation! Loved its proximity to the quiet pool & the snack bar!
This one and one in building 15 are my favorites! (But honestly I think any GV would be great!)
You're right about the crowds, at Epcot on Wed night, we almost had it all to ourselves! Friday, it got busier in the afternoon!
This was our first time staying in a GV and we were blown away. Totally spoiled. LoL I just loved the view of the pond and spent many hours on that balcony. It will be hard to beat that room.

We were at Epcot on the last day of F&W and it was a mad house. And so many folks walking around with drinks in their hands (and way too many under their belts ) I used a wheelchair this trip and was terrified of someone falling on me.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #3105
DisneyFreaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Nice! We will be checking into a GV on Saturday at OKW! Can't wait!
You are in for a real treat. Have a wonderful trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: