Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #1771
Cirrius
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTurner View Post
Good old Disney Magic. Booked std room got upgraded to 5th floor Bay Lake view 15 nights of Electric Water Pageant outside our window. Pics to follow.
Online check-in or checked in person?
Old 11-26-2012, 02:14 AM   #1772
JCTurner
Photographing the World one vacation at a time.

Online checkin. Ive always found that Disney throw you a little magic if youre paying rack rate for > 1 week at a deluxe (and its our wedding anniversary while here so that may have helped).

Last time we stayed at AKL and were upgraded to Savannah. Time before that we got given one of the few castle facing rooms in the Poly (again though standard room booked).

Weve never asked and always been surprised and very grateful.

Needless to say we love Disney
2011: Disneyland Paris HNY / 2012: Wilderness Lodge / 2015: Yacht Club
For more pictures visit my Flickr Gallery HERE !

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #1773
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Black Thursday/Friday and Happy Cyber Monday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
So wonderful for you!!! Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Thanks for asking about my back. I am seeing a new PT and seem to be making better progress this time around. It has been, and continues to be, a long haul with ups and downs, but I am trying to keep a positive attitude as I work towards strengthening my "core". My visits here only inspire me to keep working towards my goal of a trip this summer. I survived a trip up to NJ this Thanksgiving, so that's a good sign!

I want to hear all about FLE and the Be Our Guest Restaurant, so to all of you enjoying wonderful holiday visits, I hope you will have time when you return to post about all that is new! Anyone experience a soft opening of Test Track yet?

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone! I am thankful for this friendly and helpful place. I read every post, even if I don't comment on all of them, and love all the pictures. Here's one small hint that I learned on my last trip. Don't always take the same route from your room to the lobby no matter how much closer you are to a particular elevator. I learned this, sadly on our checkout day, when the bellman turned right from our door instead of left, and when he turned down another hallway, it overlooked the lobby and the tree!! My DH is a big fan of shortcuts, and this kept me from even considering trying the other way when we had found the closest and most direct route to the bus exit. So take the time to explore-especially when the tree is up!

I want to hear more BOG and FLE reviews, too! Great question about TT soft opening

Love your advice about taking the "road less traveled." You never know what you might find doing that at WDW, especially with all the little nooks and crannies at WL and VWL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Safe travels home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
We're here!

Just checked in -- did online check-in and a CM was waiting for us outside. She took us right up to the CL, where we were given our room keys and shown around. We got just what I requested, Magic Kingdom view. We're looking right at the Castle and Space Mountain. And the new room decor is lovely and makes the rooms much brighter.

Gonna go grab some snacks then head over to MK. Wish you all were here!
You don't really want all of us there do you?! Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
I finally got around to putting in a room request to IPO today. Just trying to catch up on things before another busy week starts. Didn't expect anything until tomorrow, I was surprised to get an response back today! Love an email from WDW!

KOOK, was watching some TV while I did the ironing this afternoon. I was flipping channels and found a show on the Food Network called The Pioneer Woman...thought of you!
I love how you wrote "finally got around..." as if you weren't without power for over two weeks and then another week without cable and internet and your road and driveway weren't blocked with trees and not to mention your medical clinic being closed... You are fully excused from making those requests earlier

Ah yes, the Pioneer woman I believe was from LA and married a rancher and moved out west to "Ft. Wilderness country." YOUR moniker should now be Pioneer Woman considering what you've been through the past 3 weeks. I only had dreams of a split stay at a FWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
We had dinner in the Territory Lounge tonight with our 6-year-old son, and there were at least two other tables in there with small children. It's definitely got a more chill, "adult" vibe, but kids are absolutely welcome.
That was so helpful. Thank you for posting that information, bowbat.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #1774
tcufrog
Mouseketeer

I'm planning to have some things mailed to WL from Amazon. What address should I mail them to? We'll be staying in the Villas. How far in advance can I have them mailed and expect them to be waiting for me. Where do I pick them up?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #1775
tcufrog
Mouseketeer

I'm making my packing list and need to pack laundry detergent since I have sensitive skin and need to bring my own. What type of washers do they have in the 1 bedroom villas? Top loading or front loading? High efficiency or not?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #1776
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Can someone tell me which resorts ME stops at on the way from the airport?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #1777
bellebookworm9
Future Au.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
The last I was aware, it's WL, Grand Floridian, Contemporary/BLT and Poly. Of course, this is always subject to change!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #1778
JCTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv
Ours was Saratoga, POFQ, POR THEN Wilderness Lodge. We arrived at MCO around 8pm and there were only 5 families on the bus including us.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #1779
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcufrog
I'm making my packing list and need to pack laundry detergent since I have sensitive skin and need to bring my own. What type of washers do they have in the 1 bedroom villas? Top loading or front loading? High efficiency or not?
Top load washer, front load dryer stacked.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:34 AM   #1780
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcufrog View Post
I'm planning to have some things mailed to WL from Amazon. What address should I mail them to? We'll be staying in the Villas. How far in advance can I have them mailed and expect them to be waiting for me. Where do I pick them up?
Make sure NOT to ship your items via USPS. Ship via UPS or FedEx or any courier service. Use the following address for WL or VWL:

The full name in which the reservation is under ("Guest: John Smith")
C/O Disney's Wilderness Lodge Front Desk
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL

You don't have to put your reservation number. When you arrive, ask at check-in for your package. Let them know the name the packages are addressed to and about how many packages you're expecting.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Thanks, rfassett! Here is a photo and they aren't HE:

Old 11-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #1781
JCTurner

Quote:
I had water and snacks shipped from Walmart and Amazon without any problems using the hotel address with my name and check in date listed. A great tip to save money on drinks etc

Old 11-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #1782
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Just did online check in We arrive Saturday. . .how am I going to get any work done???
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #1783
pas130
DIS Veteran

KOOKERMAMA

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 11-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #1784
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Not HE.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #1785
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Do you have to call Disneyworld everytime you make a payment or can you go to your reservation site, all I saw is (PAY BALANCE).
I need to keep making payments on this rack rate until I find out what kind of military discount I'll get next December. I guess then they will refund me if I have paid too much??? 376 more days until we are there!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: