Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #16
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Completely strict. There is almost no reliable info on the rumored FP+ system--when, what, where, who, nor why.
Ditto. The only exception to the time restriction is if a ride goes down during your return time, they will usually allow it to be used at a later time.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #17
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
Is it also speculation as to whether there will be a FP+ program at all? is this a program that Disney has said is coming, or just something tossed around on these boards?
Disney has said it was coming. They have been testing it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
Robo,

Thanks for your answer...ah..good old speculation!

Is it also speculation as to whether there will be a FP+ program at all? is this a program that Disney has said is coming, or just something tossed around on these boards?

Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
Disney has said it was coming. They have been testing it.
They've installed equipment and have run at least one test with actual resort guests. I don't think there's any doubt that something is coming.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #19
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Until it is announced it is just speculation as to what it is.

The principle aspect is that guests (and we don't know WHICH guests) can
pre-choose which attractions (and we don't know HOW MANY attractions)
in advance (and we don't know HOW FAR in advance) for which
they have a FP (and we don't know HOW MANY FP's can be pre-arranged.)

Per day?
Per trip?
Per person?
Will the FP's only work for a particular person in a group? (Likely.)
Will the pre-chosen FP's reduce the number of "regular" FP's available per day? (Likely.)

We can guess a lot of varied situations.

You also forgot the other big question: Will there be a "premium" FastPass option that allows those who are willing to pay a fee to get additional or "better" FastPasses?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #20
JMD
DIS Veteran

As usual, the strictness of the fast pass enforcement varies with each cast member.

Two examples from my trip last week:

1: At MK, used a fast pass over an hour after it's expiration. No problem at all.

2. At DHS, got a FP for Toy Story first thing, so the next available time for me to get a FP was 10:50. I arrived at Star Tours at 10:40 to wait for my FP. I explained to the CM, that I was trying to make it the 11am show of Lights, Motors, Action, and asked if I can get the FP any earlier than 10:50. His answer was no, and said I would have to wait. About two minutes later, he was replaced with a new CM, who then asked me what I was waiting for. I explained the same thing to the new CM, and he gave me 2 rider swap passes(which work just like FP, except they don't expire) so I didn't have to wait.

So, it very much depends on the CM collecting the fast passes.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #21
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
You also forgot the other big question: Will there be a "premium" FastPass option that allows those who are willing to pay a fee to get additional or "better" FastPasses?
Smells of US/IOA "pay to play" front of the line passes ie Express Pass to me! And I think that would stink(putting it extremely lightly)! It's one thing staying value,moderate,or deluxe as a personal choice;but giving those who are"well heeled","dibs"and/or charging a "premium"for quicker access to rides is absurd to me-everyone pays for entrance,so let everyone have equal access as it is now!!!Must the rich get all the advantages?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #22
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

Is there any reason other than likes and dislikes why the "rich" shouldn't get this advantage? It isn't a matter of rich or poor but who wants to pay more or pay less. We could visit for five days or seven days, but we choose five days because that leaves us more money to "plus" our vacation experience each day. It's a personal choice. We probably wouldn't pay extra for this new option, but I don't see any reason why this option should be excluded from the way other premium experiences work. Personally, I think eating is something that is more important so if they're going to even things up for anything I would want it to be dining.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #23
hidingmickey
wuteva

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954
Is there any reason other than likes and dislikes why the "rich" shouldn't get this advantage? It isn't a matter of rich or poor but who wants to pay more or pay less. We could visit for five days or seven days, but we choose five days because that leaves us more money to "plus" our vacation experience each day. It's a personal choice. We probably wouldn't pay extra for this new option, but I don't see any reason why this option should be excluded from the way other premium experiences work. Personally, I think eating is something that is more important so if they're going to even things up for anything I would want it to be dining.
Totally agree! We are going for 2 weeks at Christmas which is costing a bundle. We could go at cheaper times of the year for shorter days and totally splurge each day and still pay what we will for the 2 weeks at Christmas. It is called planning and budgeting, pure and simple!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #24
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

The fast pass return policy should ALWAYS be treated as if it were enforced strictly. There is NOTHING to say that just because you have a fast pass that you can get in anytime after your time. In fact, they say you must return during your window, I believe. Even when they were not as 'strict', they could still turn you away. I'm not quite sure what all the complaining is about. I will admit that I have used FPs after my window, but I also knew that there was a possibility I would not be allowed to use them. Just because some allow you to break the rules, it should not be expected that you will always be allowed to break the rules.

As far as FP+, I'm not quite sure I like the idea, because at is A LOT of planning. It's hard enough just to plan out the few TS meals I do.

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #25
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
IT is a matter of "rich and poor"!Don't they have enough advantages? Premium experiences are just that"premium";Park entrance is "park entrance",meaning if you pay to get in,you and everyone else can experience the same things WITHOUT having to pay extra!!Besides,why should someone with more means get to"jump"ahead of anyone else because of thier ability to pay more?Thats not right in my humble opinion-not for a theme park;What about those who have saved for years to make the trip?Should they have to wait longer because they can't affor to"plus" their tickets-I think not!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #26
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

You are paying to gain entrance in the park and to ride the rides, period. After that if they want to charge for fastpass (as US does) or give free fastpass but with an option to upgrade your FP for money, yes, they totally can.

It's up to you to decide if it's worth it to you. To me it's not a question of being rich or poor but a matter of planning for what you feel is worth for you and your family.

BTW I'd totally buy FP+.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #27
hidingmickey
wuteva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Disney
IT is a matter of "rich and poor"!Don't they have enough advantages? Premium experiences are just that"premium";Park entrance is "park entrance",meaning if you pay to get in,you and everyone else can experience the same things WITHOUT having to pay extra!!
But then by your definition of premium and park entrance, it is just that. It would be a "premium" experience not a "park entrance". A park entrance gives you access through the gates, it does not pay for food, drinks, photopass, photopass +, arcade games, souvenir items (these are all things you purchase separately based on what you can afford in your budget) after you have "entered the parks"! Remember, there used to be a time when you had to purchase tickets to ride attractions? If you couldn't afford a day of E tickets well then you weren't going to ride E ticket rides all day! Simple as that.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #28
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

This is different. If someone with more financial means chooses an expensive restaurant, it doesn't impact my ability to eat at a less expensive one. If someone pays more for a deluxe suite, it doesn't impact my ability to book a standard room. If they pay for other extras, it doesn't impact my ability to buy the perks that fit me. But if they pay for ride access, that DOES impact my own ride access (assuming that if there were more takers on extra fast passes or paid FOTL, that makes for less free fast passes and longer lines.)
Old 11-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #29
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

I know the probable answer, but what if you get a FP with a return time during an ADR you have?

I'm assuming that I'd just need to wait for the FP return window to go later before getting the FP, right? Or are they allowing exceptions for a slightly extended ride time if you can prove you were eating a meal?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #30
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper
I know the probable answer, but what if you get a FP with a return time during an ADR you have?

I'm assuming that I'd just need to wait for the FP return window to go later before getting the FP, right? Or are they allowing exceptions for a slightly extended ride time if you can prove you were eating a meal?
You should only grab a FP you think you can make .. No ADR exceptions.. However I have heard some Cms at restaurants giving out FP for extremely late seating or errors.. Not the norm. Again plan for your FP after meal of before. If after Allow plenty of time for "life".
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: