Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #16
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeysmom View Post
I'm not sure I can be of any help with this problem ...

Blackie

Sunny Doodle

- Laura
Blackie He is quite clearly saying servant where are my noms????
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #17
muffyn
"hmmm*

two words
Scat Mat

seriously, best product for training pets. keeps my 4 dogs from stepping out of the kitchen ( got tired of hair & skanky couches)

took only a day to train puppies to stay put.

(& of course its amusing for teenagers, to try to get their friends to stand on it)
muffyn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #18
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffyn View Post
two words
Scat Mat

seriously, best product for training pets. keeps my 4 dogs from stepping out of the kitchen ( got tired of hair & skanky couches)

took only a day to train puppies to stay put.

(& of course its amusing for teenagers, to try to get their friends to stand on it)
This looks amazing!!! I am having the biggest problem keeping my cat out of the wires behind my TV. I resorted to slapping Tiger Balm all over the back of my TV stand, as the internet told me cats hate the smell. While my cat does hate the smell (and makes the best face at it), it goes away and I have to reapply it. I wonder if I can make this fit back behind there??
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #19
PollyannaMom
I was a click-clack champ!!

I've heard bubble wrap works. (Please videpo tape if you try it!)

But I really agree with this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
I gave up. Honestly I don't care anymore. I put them down if I see them up there, but I just clean the counters before I eat.
I can't be sure they haven't gone up there when I not home, so I just assume they have, and clean it.

Besides, who actually puts the food right on the counter? - I eat off plates, cut on a cutting board, etc. They don't walk on those, because I don't leave them out.

me, DH, DS(14), and lots of pets
PollyannaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #20
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyannaMom View Post
I've heard bubble wrap works. (Please videpo tape if you try it!)

But I really agree with this -

I can't be sure they haven't gone up there when I not home, so I just assume they have, and clean it.

Besides, who actually puts the food right on the counter? - I eat off plates, cut on a cutting board, etc. They don't walk on those, because I don't leave them out.
Mine gets all up in my drying rack for dishes when I'm washing them (lacking a dishwasher). It makes it an impossible task.

He also really loves to sit IN the sink. Is this a common thing for cats? Not only will I find him in the sink, but when I go to the bathroom, he sprints past me and does a long jump into the tub. I've had cats before who never did this.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

My SIL had a friend who swore that her cat never got up on her countertops. One day she decided to set up a videocamera, just to see what the cat did while they were away. Yep, the cat was right up on the counter!

I never could keep two of my cats off of the counter. One of them loved water so much that she would jump up on the counter, walk over to the sink and sit inside of it, and then wait for me to turn on the faucet just to the drip stage so that she could 1) have a snort of water, and 2), then play with the dripping water and fling it all over the place.

I had to put my sweet baby down 6 weeks ago, and I still miss this ritual.

izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #22
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Dolly is smart enough not to jump on the counter when DH and/or I are home. I am smart enough to know she's doing it when we are out. Cats! Good thing they are cute.

izzy, I'm sorry for your loss.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #23
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

Wow! I wish I knew. DH hates the cats are in the house and hates that they are on the counters. I have some that wouldn't dream of being on the counters and some that only go there if I'm close by and they want rubbing and some that think the counters were built just for them to rest on.

I also have some that love to be near water and want to drink out of a faucet. I actually leave the one in the big tub dripping so they can do that. Prozac, our Turkish Van cat loves water the most and will even drink from a cup.

We had one that wouldn't leave the kitchen. Come to find out, another of the cats was jumping on her when she stepped foot out of the kitchen so she just stayed right there. She just got tired of getting her behind kicked for trying to be in the living room.

Mackey's mom, I have Tux and Tux Jr that look like your first cat. They are such a mess. Tux wants to be loved on and Tux Jr is scared of humans. I guess it could be the fact that one of the humans is only 3 and quite loud.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #24
wdwmom2
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Hopefully the Disney magic will kick in
my co-workers made me bath in Scope mouth wash
Fractured Prune is like donut Heaven

I have 2 cats that as soon as you turn your back, they are on the counter. Especially after we eat. It's not like there is food sitting there for them to get, they just want to inspect anything we may have put in the sink.

I absolutely hate that they do that, and have done pretty much everything to discourage them, but they are VERY persistent.

They are ages 14 and 15, I don't think they will change their ways any time soon. I just clean my counters frequently.

I have had cats in the past who never surfed the counters. But these two are masters at it

wdwmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #25
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

To be honest, I am surprised at the number of people who allow their cats to do this!

Just don't do what my neighbor did.

She was hosting a bridal. She walked into the dining room, looked at the table with all the food on it
and screamed at the top of her lungs "Get away from that food!! Darn cats!!!"
Needless to say, she had LOTS of food left over!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #26
kamik86
DIS Veteran

The short version is you need to find something your cat doesn't like. For some this is water, some cats think water is cool. The one I had that liked water hated those canned air things that are for clearing dust out of your keyboard and really strong smells especially my husbands deodorant. So those worked as good punishments for him.

As for the kitty that stays in the kitchen... Why is that a problem? I hate one that loves it upstairs. She comes down once in a while to explore and she will come down to eat but most of the time hangs out upstairs. She also hides under the bed alot... but we discovered part of that is that since the new house has forced hot air and one of the vents are under the bed there is an awesome pocket of warm air there so she has a comfy spot that no one bothers her and is really warm... so I'm not surprised she won't leave.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #27
Mokat76
DisKat

[QUOTE=crazyme5kids;46794591]Mine too. SSSSSSSSSSS noises don't work. In fact we haven't found any noise that keeps my one cat off of the table or counters. Sometimes it sounds like Satan is in the house with the noises coming from my mother trying to get the darn cat off of things.[/QUOTE]

Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #28
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
To be honest, I am surprised at the number of people who allow their cats to do this!

Just don't do what my neighbor did.

She was hosting a bridal. She walked into the dining room, looked at the table with all the food on it
and screamed at the top of her lungs "Get away from that food!! Darn cats!!!"
Needless to say, she had LOTS of food left over!
Lol...doesn't matter if you "allow" it or not. If you don't want cats on the counter you either have to keep them out of the kitchen while you're not home or just accept the fact that they get up there. No, I don't want cats near my food, and if they jump up on the side of the counter where I cook, or on the island I get them down, but no way could I be 100% sure they don't get up there when I'm not looking. So rather than stress about it, I just clean up the counters before I eat.

Now if I had a party and had food out the cats would be put up in the bedroom because that is just gross.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #29
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

No cats on any counter/table in our house. At least while we are home.

We have a long peninsula with chairs in front of it and she will sit on the chair and "help" me cook. That is as close as she's allowed.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #30
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Lol...doesn't matter if you "allow" it or not. If you don't want cats on the counter you either have to keep them out of the kitchen while you're not home or just accept the fact that they get up there. No, I don't want cats near my food, and if they jump up on the side of the counter where I cook, or on the island I get them down, but no way could I be 100% sure they don't get up there when I'm not looking. So rather than stress about it, I just clean up the counters before I eat.

Now if I had a party and had food out the cats would be put up in the bedroom because that is just gross.
I have left cat food on the counter that I meant to put in their bowl. Left the house.
Cat food still on the counter when I got home.

I have no idea if they went on the counters when I wasn't home, but it sure didn't seem like it.
I guess my cats understand what "not allowed" means!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: