Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #1861
TBdisneyMC
Mouseketeer

Somehow, I never posted my dress!

I had the flowers that came on the dress replaced with ones I got from etsy. They even (almost) have hidden Mickeys!

Sorry! I tried resizing them, but it's not quite working...
.......~ șoș ~ Aug '06 - CSR ~ șoș ~ May '09 - POR ~ șoș ~ Aug '10 - POR ~ șoș ~ Mar '11 - POR ~ șoș ~
~ Aug '11 - POR/BWI (Our wedding) ~ șoș ~ Nov '11 - WL ~ șoș ~ Feb '12 - WL ~ șoș ~ Feb '13 - POFQ ~
TBdisneyMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #1862
Tinkfan43v3r
Disney Fan by Heart <3

How did you get your dress to Disney World?

I'm curious to know how you ladies got your dresses to Orlando? Did any of you take your dress with you onboard an airplane? I'm thinking about carpooling to Disney World so that way I don't have to worry about my dress getting messed up or etc. That will be a pain but I'm checking for other options. Please let me know! Thank YOU!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #1863
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkfan43v3r View Post
I'm curious to know how you ladies got your dresses to Orlando? Did any of you take your dress with you onboard an airplane? I'm thinking about carpooling to Disney World so that way I don't have to worry about my dress getting messed up or etc. That will be a pain but I'm checking for other options. Please let me know! Thank YOU!
I flew with mine! I carried her right through security and laid her in an overhead bin. I was slightly stressed and almost bought her a seat but it was so easy in actuality! We flew Southwest if that makes any difference!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #1864
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Here is my dress! It's the 'Alma' by Pronovias. I bought the crystal separately and had it sewn on my hip!

with my bustle:

here is a front view from when my dress finally came in!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #1865
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkfan43v3r View Post
I FedExed mine to Carolyn Allen's bridal boutique, whom I was paying to steam it. They brought it to my room, steamed it, picked it up after the wedding with the tuxes we'd rented, and shipped it back to me. One of the best decisions I made for our wedding!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #1866
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Like Michelle (One Song), I am not a current bride, but thought you girls wouldn't mind if I indulged in a few precious memories and posted some photos of my dress
It was Christina by Maggie Sottero

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #1867
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I FedExed mine to Carolyn Allen's bridal boutique, whom I was paying to steam it. They brought it to my room, steamed it, picked it up after the wedding with the tuxes we'd rented, and shipped it back to me. One of the best decisions I made for our wedding!
I agree with Carrie . We took the Autotrain down to Florida so my dress went in our car, but once we arrived in Disney, Carolyn Allen came to our resort room at the Boardwalk and steamed my dress (and one of my DBM dresses). They had told me to ask room service for some extra sheets and after the dress was steamed they hung it from the curtin rod and covered it with two sheets so my DF could not see the dress (even though it was in the room with us).

We also rented our tuxes from them and they brought them to one of of groomsmens rooms a few days before the wedding and everyone met there and tried them on and Carolyn Allen was there to help everyone try on their tuxes and make any alterations if needed.

Definately the best decision and made everything go smoothly.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #1868
labelo
Earning My Ears

My dress I get to try it on again in just a week when I'm home for Thanksgiving!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #1869
SheilaHeartsDisney
Yay Me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chardonnay by Maggie Sottero

SheilaHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #1870
halloween12
Mouseketeer

My halloween wedding dress - bought plain ivory and my friend altered it from there with cobweb lace and little bats lol

oh and one of my wedding... erm, shoes?
halloween12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #1871
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783
Here is my dress! It's the 'Alma' by Pronovias. I bought the crystal separately and had it sewn on my hip!

with my bustle:

here is a front view from when my dress finally came in!
Oh my goodness -- I am in love with your dress! I have got to find one of those to try on!

My resort history: Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.

Upcoming: 9/2013 wedding/honeymoon trip at the Boardwalk Resort!
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #1872
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

Any Alfred Angelo Disney dresses? I am choosing between styles 205, 225 and 217! I know the msrp but did anyone buy them cheaper?
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #1873
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Here are shots of the Alfred Angelo dresses on display at the recent Bridal Showcase. I know it's not the same as seeing them on a real person, though...

lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #1874
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

I appreciate it... I am going to wait a couple more months to start looking at dresses or I will be too crazy about all the details of it until the wedding but my #1 choice is the 2nd from the Left (the belle one). These pics are much better than the ones on the site

Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #1875
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

Any recent brides ready to post pictures of them in their dress? I'm just starting to plan our wedding so won't be dress shopping for a few months, but I AM starting to dream about "the dress". And I much prefer seeing all you beautiful REAL brides in their dresses than those scary model people in their odd poses...

Please post your pictures!!!

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: