Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #16
ColoradoMom!!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29 View Post
Oh I hope I don't lose the value of my kohl's cash! I have to return something this week, and was hoping to use the kohl's cash I had to buy myself a new keurig, since mine decided to take a dump today! Their return policy was one of the reasons I shopped at Kohl's....otherwise, I can find better stuff elsewhere!
CALL KEURIG!!! They replaced my machine for free! Just go through the steps with them - they will try to trouble shoot. I did this - wrote down the date of the first call - called back about a week later, and said,"I called on such and such date, and the nice gal tried to trouble shoot my problem. It hasn't worked and after a week it just isn't working." I had to send back a small part of my broken machine upon receiving the replacement.

Disneyland October 21-24, 2008

Boston Vacation and Red Sox Game July 2009
Back to Cooperstown and New York City June 2010
Disneyland December 2011 and Jan 2013
ColoradoMom!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #17
lisalis
Mouseketeer

This must be a very recent change. I just got Kohl's merchandise credit last week for something returned purchased with Kohl's cash. It wasn't the full amount though since I purchased 2 items, about $4. Hmm... That definitely will make me think twice before shopping at Kohl's in the future.
lisalis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh2
I know that many like Kohl's cash.

I can't stand it. Not at all. Returns is why.

If I get Kohl's cash, AND SPEND IT - I literally spend it on greeting cards/wrapping paper. Something that I know I will never need to return.
Me too. I try to avoid Kohl's cash days. If I get some, either Christmas ornaments, cards, paper, or toys I know I can put in Toys for Tots at a later date.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #19
ktate82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychris14 View Post
I am new to this kohls cash and have another question.
I ordered online 3 items(shrugs for a dress) and do not know which one I am going to keep. I am definitely returning 2 if not all 3. I got $15 kohls cash emailed to me. Do I spend this $15? Do I not use it at all? I know when I return the items $15 will be deducted but if I do not use the kohls money will they still deduct $15 anyway?
I am sorry I am so confused as you can tell.
Please help!!
Thank you so much
Don't spend the kohl's cash till you figure out what you are returning and what you are keeping otherwise they will deduct the $15 from your return. If you return items and are still over $50, then you get to keep the $15 kohls cash. Does that help?
June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

ktate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #20
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMom!! View Post
CALL KEURIG!!! They replaced my machine for free! Just go through the steps with them - they will try to trouble shoot. I did this - wrote down the date of the first call - called back about a week later, and said,"I called on such and such date, and the nice gal tried to trouble shoot my problem. It hasn't worked and after a week it just isn't working." I had to send back a small part of my broken machine upon receiving the replacement.
Even after two years? I had them replace one after a year, but didn't know how far out they would do it?
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #21
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

I hate Kohls cash, but an easy way around this is to just return without the receipt for store credit.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #22
msmayor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh...just tried to return something today. No value for the Kohl's cash. So, I kept the sweatshirt my DH didn't really want and the pants that don't fit. It just may be the last time I shop at Kohl's. I hate having to try to play their games to get a good deal....and I love a good deal. Just hate their practices of hiking prices so they can have a sale. Then with the coupons and kohl's cash to get you into the store. Now...the Kohl's cash is pretty worthless if you can't return something if it doesn't work out! Especially since most of my kohl's shopping is done online. I'll be heading to JCP now, I think.
Why would you keep stuff you really don't want/can't use just because of the Kohl's cash?? It has no cash value at all...you will still get the actual $$ you spent.

Its no different than using a coupon you cut out of the paper to purchase an item and you are going to return it...you get what you actually paid, you don't get the coupon value back.
Oct 1997: All Star Sports
Oct 2000: Dixie Landings
Aug 2005: Wilderness Lodge
Aug 2008: Shades of Green...Family Grand Gathering
Aug 2010: One Day at MK - cruise stop!
Jun 2014: Boardwalk
msmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #23
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmayor View Post
Why would you keep stuff you really don't want/can't use just because of the Kohl's cash?? It has no cash value at all...you will still get the actual $$ you spent.

Its no different than using a coupon you cut out of the paper to purchase an item and you are going to return it...you get what you actually paid, you don't get the coupon value back.
Because he will wear the sweatshirt, and I can have the pants shortened. I would have rather taken the kohl's cash and bought something else. I bought the stuff that originally got me the kohl's cash BECAUSE of the kohl's cash offer. I could have gotten it elsewhere for the same or lower price. It's the gimmick that bugs me, especially since they devalued the gimmick. It's not like people want them to give them actual cash back, no, just credit to use in their stores. Love Kohl's if you want, but I will not be back.
2006 WL
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #24
ColoradoMom!!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Even after two years? I had them replace one after a year, but didn't know how far out they would do it?
It's worth a call. Also, what exactly is the problem? My second one kept refusing to "prime". I googled it, and found a you tube video on cleaning the intake under the reservoir with an electric toothbrush and it worked!!

Disneyland October 21-24, 2008

Boston Vacation and Red Sox Game July 2009
Back to Cooperstown and New York City June 2010
Disneyland December 2011 and Jan 2013
ColoradoMom!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #25
DVCBELLE
Princess at Heart

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Because he will wear the sweatshirt, and I can have the pants shortened. I would have rather taken the kohl's cash and bought something else. I bought the stuff that originally got me the kohl's cash BECAUSE of the kohl's cash offer. I could have gotten it elsewhere for the same or lower price. It's the gimmick that bugs me, especially since they devalued the gimmick. It's not like people want them to give them actual cash back, no, just credit to use in their stores. Love Kohl's if you want, but I will not be back.
Kohl's had to amend their policy because I am SURE people were gaming the system. I told my sister one day that you COULD shop at Kohl's and never spend beyond your original $250 investment. Here's how:

I spend $250 and get $50 in Kohl's Kash - I return the $250 worth of items for a merchandise credit but still have my Kohl's Kash. I spend the $50 on clothes. Next month I use my credit and earn $50 in Kohl's Kash. I again return the $250 worth of items for a merchandise credit but still have my Kohl's Kash. I spend the $50 on new towels. Next time I use my credit and earn $50 in Kohl's Kash. I again return the $250 worth of items for a merchandise credit but still have my Kohl's Kash. I spend the $50 on clothes...and then repeat the cycle again.

You have $250 out in a merchandise credit but it wouldn't take long to replace that value. I personally wouldn't have the energy to do that - but that is how someone would game the system.

Really Kohl's policy is so liberal on returns. I get 30% off all the time - if I return an item that I bought without a receipt - they give you the lowest sale price - they NEVER calculate in the extra charge discount with that. Which would make the scenario I posted above even more profitable. Buy for $70 instead of $100 but return for a $100 credit - next time buy $100 and return for $140 credit...earning Kohl's kash as you go.

Again - I don't have the energy for that but you can bet there are people out there who do and it is those people who have made it necessary for Kohl's to change the policy.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #26
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Just to clarify a few things.

1. If you BUY something using Kohls cash - when you return it, you WILL get a merchandise credit for that KC you used.

2. If you RETURN and item that you EARNED Kohls cash on - that is when you will loose it - It that return drops you below the $50 mark, it will (a) deactivate that Kohls cash or if you already spent it, it will (b) deduct the value of the KC from your return amount.

The only thing you don't get back when you do a return is the $ coupons (like $5 or $10 birthday gift card).

I have never, ever heard of email a *lost* Kohls cash coupon.

If you bought the keurig at Khols - bring it back and they will let you even exchange it for a new one.

HTH
Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 AM   #27
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

after thinking about it a little more I thought I should add some specifics...

KC is tied to the originally purchased item that you EARNED them on. That is the item you should be sure you are not going to return..not the items you REDEEM them on. For example.

You buy a vacuum for $100 and you earn $20 in Kohls cash.
You buy a $40 sweater for Grandmas using $20 KC + $20 cash.

If you keep the vacuum and Grandmas returns the sweater (with the receipt) she will get:
$20 Merchandise Credit (KC)
$20 cash

If you return the vacuum (which will now make the KC invalid)..
That is when she will JUST get the $20 cash back. Not the merchandise credit for the Kohls Cash.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #28
andychris14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktate82 View Post
Don't spend the kohl's cash till you figure out what you are returning and what you are keeping otherwise they will deduct the $15 from your return. If you return items and are still over $50, then you get to keep the $15 kohls cash. Does that help?
Thank you so much-
The only problem is by the time I receive the items the kohls cash will be expired. I will not spend the kohls money so does that mean I will receive a full refund?
Thank you
May 2000- off site/Sheraton Vistana
August 2002-off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Port Orleans French Quarters
August 2005-Pop Century
August 2006-Off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Disney Wonder
Pop Century
August 2010-Coronado Springs
August 2012-Coronado Springs
July/August 2013- Royal Pacific-Universal/Wilderness Lodge
andychris14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #29
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Just to clarify a few things.

1. If you BUY something using Kohls cash - when you return it, you WILL get a merchandise credit for that KC you used.

2. If you RETURN and item that you EARNED Kohls cash on - that is when you will loose it - It that return drops you below the $50 mark, it will (a) deactivate that Kohls cash or if you already spent it, it will (b) deduct the value of the KC from your return amount.

The only thing you don't get back when you do a return is the $ coupons (like $5 or $10 birthday gift card).

I have never, ever heard of email a *lost* Kohls cash coupon.

If you bought the keurig at Khols - bring it back and they will let you even exchange it for a new one.

HTH
No...this was the policy that they changed. I returned an item I used Kohl's cash to buy. No more merchandise credit, only a return of whatever additional money you used to buy the items.
2006 WL
2012 BLT
Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #30
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCBELLE View Post
Kohl's had to amend their policy because I am SURE people were gaming the system. I told my sister one day that you COULD shop at Kohl's and never spend beyond your original $250 investment. Here's how:

I spend $250 and get $50 in Kohl's Kash - I return the $250 worth of items for a merchandise credit but still have my Kohl's Kash. I spend the $50 on clothes. Next month I use my credit and earn $50 in Kohl's Kash. I again return the $250 worth of items for a merchandise credit but still have my Kohl's Kash. I spend the $50 on new towels. Next time I use my credit and earn $50 in Kohl's Kash. I again return the $250 worth of items for a merchandise credit but still have my Kohl's Kash. I spend the $50 on clothes...and then repeat the cycle again.

You have $250 out in a merchandise credit but it wouldn't take long to replace that value. I personally wouldn't have the energy to do that - but that is how someone would game the system.

Really Kohl's policy is so liberal on returns. I get 30% off all the time - if I return an item that I bought without a receipt - they give you the lowest sale price - they NEVER calculate in the extra charge discount with that. Which would make the scenario I posted above even more profitable. Buy for $70 instead of $100 but return for a $100 credit - next time buy $100 and return for $140 credit...earning Kohl's kash as you go.

Again - I don't have the energy for that but you can bet there are people out there who do and it is those people who have made it necessary for Kohl's to change the policy.
Well, I think the easier way to prevent this is to not allow people to earn more Kohl's cash when paying with an instore credit. Just like you can't earn Kohl's cash for buying gift cards or when redeeming Kohl's cash. The main (legit) reasons people would have a merchandise credit are:

1) They didn't have a receipt
2) They wan't to retain their discount (Kohl's cash)

This new policy will allow people to continue "gaming the system" because all they have to do is make the return without their receipt. Using your scenario above, as long as the $250 purchase is made with some sort of % off coupon (15 - 30%) and also on sale, it is very likely the lowest sale price they give you will be equal to or even more than what was actually paid. Even if they "lose" a few bucks each time they will still be coming out way ahead.
So I don't see the new policy as fixing this problem.

I don't know. I think I'm starting to get confused. I have one return to make at Kohl's and I've been avoiding it. Just the thought of it is exhausting.
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: