Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #541
RoxyHive
My first cruise ever!

Celebrations

We are celebrating our daughters 2nd Birthday on 12/19 :-)
RoxyHive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #542
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
Awesome! I am really happy with our 10, we just always end up on 1. Once we were on 2. It's just DH and I. Who are you crusing with?
We are just up the way from you-1037! Never been on deck 1 but wouldn't really care if we were in the engine room

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #543
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

And we are celebrating our 26th Anniversary 12/20

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #544
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
There are four of us DW and two DDs. Thanks for asking. Definitely can't leave the DW out, she does all the packing. I'm just the event coordinator.
Nice to know...Unfortunately, or fortunately I am both....depends on your point of view. Fortunately for me DH lets me plan it all. He just has to show up...
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #545
CaptainandTennille
Earning My Ears

Finally got our room assignments!! It's our first Disney Cruise so I didn't have any expectations, would have loved connecting rooms but am very grateful my rooms are next to each other. One of my rooms is a connecting room but connects to someone elses cabin! Anyone have cabin 2109? I have the other half 2107!
CaptainandTennille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:48 AM   #546
Stitch70
Earning My Ears

Celebratingwe are

We are Celebrating a one year wedding anniversary and ds 11th birthday!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #547
abbyar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Found 9 extra lanyards 3 WDW, 4 silver and 2 gold. Do we still have newbies that need lanyards? I don't want to pack them if I have to take them home...
Connie - I would love to have a lanyard!! (Or two, if you can spare). I don't plan in carrying a bag everywhere on the ship, so It would definitely be handy. I'll steal it from you at the M&G before sail away, ok?
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:19 AM   #548
abbyar
Mouseketeer

We have lots to be thankful for, but no specific celebrations this year. We all have late spring/summer birthdays, and a spring anniversary. Our anniversary is the big #6 so nothing too exciting.

Our 5 yo figured it out this year, so keep away from her. She's a talker too, so I have to remind her that other kids do so don't ruin the fun. It makes me that much lore glad I sprung for ressies at CRT last year when she told me the princesses aren't real.
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:40 AM   #549
rach7
Earning My Ears

Well summer has truly hit here - we're about to have 5 days in a row of 91, looking forward to some cooler weather in LA!

A quick question for those with experience travelling in Mexico & Cartagena - what are the basic guidelines for foods/drinks to avoid? We haven't arranged any extra vaccinations given the fact that we are only there for port days, but just wanted to be aware of any concerns.

Thanks,
Rach
rach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #550
haileyboo
Mouseketeer

We got #1039. Happy with a split bath, but not sure about deck 1. We've never been on it. Maybe it's the pixie dusts' way of helping me walk stairs to burn off dessert?!?!?

I can't believe how fast it's coming up. Our house sold, inspections are today, so as long as everything goes smooth, we are moving January 2! I haven't even started thinking about packing for the cruise.....
7 night Eastern Caribbean September 2009
B2B 3 & 4 night Bahamas October 2011
14 night Panama Canal December 2012
haileyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #551
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Arjay View Post
Hello to my new neighbors ArGa and 4everluvDisney!

We are in 5135! Category 11, so no upgrade, but a great location. We are very pleased to be in such a convenient location and surrounded by so many Disboard friends.

Liz and John
You're surrounded by a LOT of DISers! I'm keeping a list, in case some surprise should materialize. So far including yourselves, there are 12 cabins of DISers on Deck 5 aft, 3 on one side and the rest on the other.

One of the FE lists will be on my door, if anyone needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach7 View Post
Well summer has truly hit here - we're about to have 5 days in a row of 91, looking forward to some cooler weather in LA!

A quick question for those with experience travelling in Mexico & Cartagena - what are the basic guidelines for foods/drinks to avoid? We haven't arranged any extra vaccinations given the fact that we are only there for port days, but just wanted to be aware of any concerns.

Thanks,
Rach
The caveats have seemed to be unpeeled fruit or raw veggies, and tap water, including ice. However, I successfully ate fish tacos and salad in PV with no problems, so your mileage may vary.

The pools are heated, but sometimes the first day out of LA can be a little nippy on deck. Probably the last day before Miami, too. The rest of the time we should be good.

Getting SO EXCITED - I've started my precruise "tizzy". That's why I have to be so organized well in advance because for the next two weeks I won't be able to think straight.

Happy Day, ALL!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #552
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

I am losing my mind, made it all the way to work only to relieze that I had left my laptop at home! That's a 30 min each way without traffic mistake! DH is in hot water with me today. We had planned on packing and doing last minute shopping on Saturday (I even put it on our calendars!) as it is our last full day together, I am working the landfill on Sunday. Well DH informed me last night he took a job on Saturday (he works the timing stuff for track meets and races) I thought I was going to kill him! He doesn't see any issue with it and though the extra cash would be nice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybabee View Post
Looks like we're neighbors. We're in 7621 and my wife's parents (Blue Water Fisherman) are in 7619.
Matt
Howdy neighbor! My sister isn't too far from Reading. Actually, she wants to have her wedding in Reading, so she might talk your ear off! And yes, she is already planning her wedding before the ring, I think she had mine completely planned before my engagement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyar View Post
Our 5 yo figured it out this year, so keep away from her. She's a talker too, so I have to remind her that other kids do so don't ruin the fun. It makes me that much lore glad I sprung for ressies at CRT last year when she told me the princesses aren't real.
Wait, the princesses aren't real??? Yikes, I didn't think I would have to worry about Lucie's aged kids! I also stopped believing when I was barely 5 (I turned 5 in November). I presented the facts to my parents and they were devestated. Since my older sister stilled believed (who was 9 at the time) and my little sister was only 1, I got the don't tell your sisters speech. When my older sister spoke the my parents about it the following year, she told my parents she wouldn't ruin it for us and my parents told her I already knew. My sister was NOT happy I had figured it out before her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24cuties View Post
Hi Emily, My 10 year old son sometimes asks if I believe. I always say I do and point out only those who believe receive. So far all is well at our place with his little sisters!
That's what my parents told me, the presents stop when no one believes anymore. When my little sister approached me about the issue, I told her (she was like 10) and said that if she told our parents, we wouldn't get any presents anymore. Still to this day, she won't admit to my Mom that she doesn't believe. When my sister was either 12 or 13, my mom wanted me to talk to her since my mom was worried that she hadn't mentioned it to her yet and was "worried she would get made fun of for still believing"
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #553
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

When I was in 2nd grade(lo so many years ago), another girl told me she didn't believe. I totally believed so I got out the encyclopedia and showed her the pictures of Santa in it to prove my case.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #554
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch70 View Post
Got assigned 6323 and 6319. Since its our 1st disney cruise, i didnt have any expectations. Just happy our cabins are close to eachother. FE will be on 6323 for the two cabins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
We're 6313/6311 for now... We only have one FE bag, and it will be on one of the doors (we planned on using just one cabin). Yep, almost doing our best 'King of the World' impression. Going to try to upgrade at the port...then I'll be furiously writing our new cabin number on the FE listings at the Promenade Lounge meet.
While I rarely post my actual room number on line, I will tell you that we will be VERY close neighbors! It's an awesome location...we picked our room specifically, and have been in the same room on Magic on previous cruises, and will be there again in May. You'll love the neighborhood LOL!!!

Beth
Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #555
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post

Getting SO EXCITED - I've started my precruise "tizzy". That's why I have to be so organized well in advance because for the next two weeks I won't be able to think straight.

Happy Day, ALL!
I have been ordered by my boss, who never actually orders me to do anything, NOT to develop "cruise brain". He's terrified that I will lose my focus here, and then all will be lost, since all of my co-workers (we're a small office of four people) still have "storm brain". He told me that they got "storm brain" first, so they're entitled to be a bit disorganized. Since "cruise brain" is just starting to set in, if I lose concentration, our office will be totally useless. Of course, many other departments think we're useless anyway!

Beth

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: