Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #16
jshora
Mouseketeer

We now have a reservation at the Best Western Stovall's and Camelot Inn. We're leaning towards the Stovall's, just a little concerned about the walk. Do you have to walk all the way around to the main entry of DCA to get into the park?
jshora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #17
katejc
Mouseketeer

Another vote for the Candy Cane Inn! We love it for the short walk, friendly and helpful staff, free breakfast, and great shuttle! Totally worth it! We've stayed there many times and always had a good experience. Have fun, whatever you decide!
katejc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #18
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshora View Post
We now have a reservation at the Best Western Stovall's and Camelot Inn. We're leaning towards the Stovall's, just a little concerned about the walk. Do you have to walk all the way around to the main entry of DCA to get into the park?
No, from Stovals you can walk up Disneyland Dr. bordering the west of DLR and cut through GCR into the DD entrance to DLR. It's not a bad walk, from what I've heard.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #19
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are usually at the parks from rope drop until they kick us out.
But you know, if you really don't plan on taking a break, then you could consider staying farther away at less expense. Staying close is really important if you need a break. If I were to do this, I would just budget $15 to park at the Toy Story Lot and drive, or use a shuttle.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #20
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRoadAgain View Post
But you know, if you really don't plan on taking a break, then you could consider staying farther away at less expense. Staying close is really important if you need a break. If I were to do this, I would just budget $15 to park at the Toy Story Lot and drive, or use a shuttle.
the motel 6 Anaheim Maingate is a little bit of a walk but it's very doable. We booked for 5 nights starting on Jan 1 2013 for 59.99 a night weekday and 65.99 a night for weekend so it comes out to 311 before taxes ( says 17%) so about 365 or so after taxes. No parking fee so it's very affordable IMO.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #21
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRoadAgain View Post
It's true that if you're not planning on taking a break, being within walking distance isn't quite as crucial, but I simply can't quantify the difference between being able to watch the fireworks and then walk across the street to your hotel room versus watching the fireworks, waiting for a tram/bus to take you to the parking garage/lot, riding the tram/bus, walking to your car, driving to your hotel, potentially in traffic, parking your car at the hotel, then walking from your car to your room. I have done both and boy oh boy do I prefer the former.
sonnyjane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #22
Dramamama
Mouseketeer

I know you switched hotels. My family stayed at the Manage in September and we loved it. Great pool, great service, loved watching the fireworks from our balcony. The thing we didn't like was the shuttle. It took a long time to use it. The wait at the hotel and the park to catch the shuttle and going back to the hotel it was the last stop. It can be walking distance, but it is a long walk at the end of a busy walking day.

I prefer the hotels right across the street. I've stayed in three of them. I hate the park place in. It was dirty and the service was poor. The Carousel is clean and friendly. My favorite is the Ramada Maingate. Great pool, ok continental breakfast, the newly remodeled rooms are wonderful, the older rooms are ok, and the service is outstanding. I will be staying there again this week.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DL - 1972, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1986, 5x 1987 (AP),5x 1988 (AP), 2x 1989, 2x 1990, 1992, 2x 1994, 2x 2005, 5x 2006 (AP), 2x 2007, 2x 2010, 4x 2011, 3x 2012, 4x 2013 // WDW-1999, 2009, 2012 // DCL- MR 2011, MR 2011

Dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #23
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sign up for Best Western rewards and go to Stovall's- the walk is not far- just the opposite direction from most of the hotels. Eventually (after a few stays) you will earn enough points for a Best western gift card and can use it towards another trip.

Enjoy!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #24
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane View Post
It's true that if you're not planning on taking a break, being within walking distance isn't quite as crucial, but I simply can't quantify the difference between being able to watch the fireworks and then walk across the street to your hotel room versus watching the fireworks, waiting for a tram/bus to take you to the parking garage/lot, riding the tram/bus, walking to your car, driving to your hotel, potentially in traffic, parking your car at the hotel, then walking from your car to your room. I have done both and boy oh boy do I prefer the former.
I just like thinking about thinks from all angles. However, I have to agree with you sonnyjane, especially because it is never just me and another adult; walking etc. with a tired family is less than ideal, that's why I always get as close as I can at the right price/options.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #25
jshora
Mouseketeer

I think we've finally made a decision and we're going to go with the Best Western Stovall's. It's just my husband and I, no kids. We decided that we'll do the walk over battling with parking or shuttles.

Thank you so much everyone for your insight!!! It was extremely helpful!!
jshora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #26
dcraytho
Earning My Ears

Love the Stovall. We always stay there. The ART picks up right in front of the hotel and it is a quick and easy ride. We normally walk back at night.
dcraytho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #27
DisneyDreamer2
DIS Veteran

Love the Stovalls! great room and very good free breakfast too. Always take the short cut through the Grand californian into downtown Disney in the mornings. In the evenings, if you end the night in DCA such as after World of Color,, just exit into the hotel by Grizzly River Run. It's actually a nice walk. Enjoy your trip!
DisneyDreamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #28
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

I've stayed at several and would choose in this order:
1. Fairfield Inn
2. HOJO
3. Candy Cane Inn
4. BWPPI

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #29
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

This is our first time going but we are staying at the Clarion and its not very far....not many people say anything about it but I have asked around and have been told its not a bad place and not super expensive

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come

luulu1999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: