Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #25
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I have been on ship excursions that returned late. I have never been on a private tour that returned late. Ship excursions sometimes return late because they can. If a private vendor returned late, that company would soon be out of business. The folks who "miss the boat" are usually not on tours but are on their own. They miscalculate the time, drink too much, are idiots...whatever!
I believe you are missing the point. While I agree with you about GOOD private vendors usually make sure they are on time (to stay in business) ... the whole idea is ... if a DCL tour is late ... THE SHIP WILL WAIT. If a private tour operator is late (for any reason, including those beyond their control ... traffic, mechanical breakdown, etc) ... the ship (generally) WILL NOT wait. We sailed DCL TransAtlantic in 2010. Two of our tours were late returning to the ship ... BOTH due to traffic. One DCL tour was 58 minutes late ... but the ship stayed in its berth. Had we been on a privately booked tour (or hanging out in a local bar), we would have had to pay our own way to the next port.

Steven
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: