Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #196
AndyPok1
Back in MCO!
To answer the other question, getting along is boring
I like tacos

Fact. And the voucher is good on any day of your adventure, including the last day where you only get breakfast.

I just got a small snack for lunch that day that lunch was "provided" and paid out of pocket (since there was only 1 of me). Then I saved the voucher for a good meal in the afternoon before my flight.
AndyPok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #197
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Hmmm....this is interesting about the voucher thing.

Does this mean we get one voucher (per person) for each of the two days at Disneyland?

What sort of meal is it good for? OKW Lover mentions The Plaza, but is it pretty much good for any dining in the parks (except I'm guessing Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle)?

We were thinking of eating at Carthay Circle on Friday, but haven't really thought about any other meals. Not that I plan on calling for reservations anytime soon, but this more just curiousity how they work.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #198
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

The voucher was for a specific dollar value (or actually up to a specific dollar value) if I remember correctly. I think there may have been some restrictions but don't recall them and I suspect they were pretty few.

Yes, it is one voucher per person.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #199
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Hmmm....this is interesting about the voucher thing.

Does this mean we get one voucher (per person) for each of the two days at Disneyland?

What sort of meal is it good for? OKW Lover mentions The Plaza, but is it pretty much good for any dining in the parks (except I'm guessing Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle)?

We were thinking of eating at Carthay Circle on Friday, but haven't really thought about any other meals. Not that I plan on calling for reservations anytime soon, but this more just curiousity how they work.
The vouchers are for a dollar amount and not specific menu items.

I apologize for not remembering more of the details. We ended up giving ours away, as we had other plans.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #200
AndyPok1
Back in MCO!
To answer the other question, getting along is boring
I like tacos

It was reasonable. I believe it was $15 or so per person. Give or take $5.

You only get the voucher for the Disneyland day, because there are activities that go most of the day, so they need to provide lunch. The DCA day didn't have lunch (though Dreams did provide something).
AndyPok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #201
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Our DVC waitlist for 2 nights at Grand Californian Villas came in today too! Yeah....Now we will have to make our own arrangements to get back to the airport, but that will be much cheaper than paying out of pocket for 2 more nights at the DL resort.

Still looking for flights & not sure hwen I am going to jump. Right now the cheapest I can find from our home airport is 425$ which isn't too bad I guess.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #202
DarthVader92
Working for the Mouse

Be sure to look into either super shuttle or prime time shuttle for transportation back to the airport.
Disney Store 720 Former Cast Member
Disney College Program Spring 2011 Alumni
DarthVader92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #203
OKW Lover

Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVader92 View Post
Be sure to look into either super shuttle or prime time shuttle for transportation back to the airport.
Depending on which airport you are flying home from and how many in the party you may be just as well off taking a taxi. If you were flying out of SNA, a taxi one way is ~$40. They have flat rate coupons at GC's guest relations counter.

Suggestion for those considering their inward flights and wondering about getting to CA a day or two before the actual tour - do it!!! And book the extra days through ABD (yes, I know the place is expensive) so that you get the transfers from LAX to the hotel. It is so worth it not to have to deal with the logistics of getting out to Hollywood and the hotel is located right in the heart of the strip.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #204
HollyMac71
Sucks to have a dull life!

If you can fly out of the SNA airport. It's about 30 minutes from DL.
HollyMac71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #205
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Our supershuttle experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVader92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Depending on which airport you are flying home from and how many in the party you may be just as well off taking a taxi. If you were flying out of SNA, a taxi one way is ~$40. They have flat rate coupons at GC's guest relations counter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMac71 View Post
If you can fly out of the SNA airport. It's about 30 minutes from DL.
So, just this past July, we flew into SNA and out of LAX going to Disneyland, and we used Supershuttle both ways. If you have the Entertainment book - there's a discount coupon in there, I think it's $2 per person.

Looking at my records, we paid $8 per person from SNA to the Tropicana on Harbor Boulevard (probably about 25 minutes), and we paid $14 per person from the Tropicana to LAX (45-60 minutes). Leaving SNA we literally walked up to the shuttle and it drove us off. It was right across the road from the terminal. We were in our hotel less than an hour after getting off the plane. Traveling back we waited about 15 minutes past our provided "window" for the shuttle to arrive at the hotel, waiting about 30 minutes total. There was some confusion as a shuttle came and dropped someone at the hotel, then drove off without us. When that happened, I called, and they explained that that was not our scheduled shuttle, and ours was on its way. We've also used Supershuttle in Arizona in the past and had all good experiences.

Since we are staying an extra day at the end, I am planning on using supershuttle again ths trip from Disney to LAX. (Expect they will want to pick you up about 2.5 - 3 hours before your flight.)

Pete

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #206
DisneyKevin
Kelvis

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

For those Adventurers unfamiliar with ABD policy, ABD will provide arrival transfers from LAX only.

For your departure, ABD will provide transfers to LAX or SNA (Orange County / John Wayne Airport).

Incoming flights should arrive prior to 1:00pm on the day the Adventure begins. This allows time to get to the hotel, check in and get to the Welcome Dinner. If you arrive earlier and have booked your pre-night with ABD, your arrival time doesnt matter.

Departure flights on the last day of the Adventure can be at any time. ABD states that the last shuttle to LAX leaves at 4:00pm. Your shuttle will be scheduled approximately 3 hours prior to your flight out of LAX.

ABD provides transfers to guests under an ABD reservation only. Should you decide to arrive early or stay later and book your extra nights through ABD...transfers are included. If you book pre or post nights on your own (this includes booking your own Disney hotel and DVC), transfers are not included.

With every one of these trips I get questions about arriving in Los Angeles early and renting a car.

Should you decide to do this, ABD will still provide transfers from LAX on the day the Adventure begins. You would have to meet the transfers at a certain place and time at the airport. If this is a possible option, I need to know as I need to make certain ABD schedules that transportation. If no one is scheduled, that transfer will not be there.

Also, if you live close enough to drive or have a rental car that you wish to keep for after the Adventure, you can park at the Grand Californian (free of charge) and ABD will provide transfers on the day the Adventure begins. Again, there are specifics with this and it needs to be scheduled in advance

With the discussion of airfare, airports, transfers, transfer companies etc....I though this might get confusing. I hope this helps
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #207
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
With every one of these trips I get questions about arriving in Los Angeles early and renting a car.

Should you decide to do this, ABD will still provide transfers from LAX on the day the Adventure begins. You would have to meet the transfers at a certain place and time at the airport. If this is a possible option, I need to know as I need to make certain ABD schedules that transportation. If no one is scheduled, that transfer will not be there.
Kevin,

My wife and I are planning on doing this...coming in on Saturday and renting a car for 1 day, and then returning to LAX on Sunday to drop off the car and pick up the ABD transport.

Please have ABD let us know time and location @ LAX on Sunday and we will be sure to be there with plenty of time to spare! Thanks!

Peter

P.S. If you need a separate e-mail on this from us, please let me know.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #208
DisneyKevin
Kelvis

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Kevin,

My wife and I are planning on doing this...coming in on Saturday and renting a car for 1 day, and then returning to LAX on Sunday to drop off the car and pick up the ABD transport.

Please have ABD let us know time and location @ LAX on Sunday and we will be sure to be there with plenty of time to spare! Thanks!

Peter

P.S. If you need a separate e-mail on this from us, please let me know.
Please email me with your plans and I will make sure this is set up and that you have the correct info.

Thanks.

Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
Old 12-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #209
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

Our flights are set!

We just booked our flights. We arrive just before noon on Friday and depart the following Saturday morning. We plan to rent a car for the first couple of days as well and possibly do a side trip on Saturday to the San Diego zoo. I'm so excited!
Lee Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #210
OKW Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Disney View Post
We just booked our flights. We arrive just before noon on Friday and depart the following Saturday morning. We plan to rent a car for the first couple of days as well and possibly do a side trip on Saturday to the San Diego zoo. I'm so excited!
Sounds good Lisa. Just wanted to suggest though that you do not try to cram too much into those pre-ABD days. Once the actual ABD part of the trip starts you'll find yourself constantly on the go. We found that the change in time zones had us awake really early but ready to fall asleep at 7:00 pm.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: