Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
Newstarr
Earning My Ears

Dates not available on US site but on UK site?

Hi-

I am trying to plan my vacation next summer. We are going to be in Paris in July. I want to take my kids to Disneyland Paris for 2 nights. The UK site is offering 4 nights for the price of 2. The USA site is stating my dates haven't been released. Is it cheaper to book now or wait for US promotions. Are there any US military rates for Disneyland Paris like there are for the parks here? What is the best, most economical way to plan this trip? Me (MOM) plus 4 kids.

Thank You!

Newstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstarr View Post
Hi-

I am trying to plan my vacation next summer. We are going to be in Paris in July. I want to take my kids to Disneyland Paris for 2 nights. The UK site is offering 4 nights for the price of 2. The USA site is stating my dates haven't been released. Is it cheaper to book now or wait for US promotions. Are there any US military rates for Disneyland Paris like there are for the parks here? What is the best, most economical way to plan this trip? Me (MOM) plus 4 kids.

Thank You!
Honestly I think the deals are much better on the UK site (only because I am often browsing the deals for DLRP on both the US and UK sites - at different times of the year). I did find the deal I wanted once on the American site in March - but more often the deals are on the UK site. I have heard that you can book on the UK site if you are American by leaving your "country" as UK - since everything is electronic and nothing is mailed to your "address" it doesn't matter. So if you find the deal you want on the UK site I would recommend booking it that way. That's my 2 cents anyway. Have a great trip!

1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *

POR 2009 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
DLRP Trip Reports
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

You can easily book via UK site, just leave UK as your country. Done it myself. Even with the same deal prices are different on different sites, it's best to check and see.
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Newstarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila
You can easily book via UK site, just leave UK as your country. Done it myself. Even with the same deal prices are different on different sites, it's best to check and see.
How do you get your packet and tickets?

Newstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
How do you get your packet and tickets?
Everything is sent by email, nothing comes by post and you get your park tickets and easy pass at hotel check in

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #6
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Yes, you get everything on email, just print out and that's it. You get tickets and easy pass at the check in. Why should I pay more if I find a better deal?
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #7
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Are there any US military rates for Disneyland Paris like there are for the parks here?
Not usualy for US military unless they are based in Europe. Some US personal based in the UK or Germany some times get special offers. Military discounts for DLP mainly only apply for the French military.

But to be honest these are normaly only 10% off and the offers that are normaly running work out cheaper.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

I am looking at the UK site now for my dates July 25-29, 2013. The prices comes up in GBP 1,142 which I converted to being $1830 USD. Am I correct in that is all I need to figure out to understand the cost, just use a currency converter? Will they be charging my card in GBP and therefore I'll have a 3% foreign currency transaction fee, is there anyway to have it charged in USD from the UK site (I'm guessing not).

Are DLP packages fully refundable well in advance like they are for WDW in the US? I'm just wondering because as the PP stated, the US dates are not even available yet, let alone deals, so it is hard to price-compare for the best deal, but I don't want to miss out on this one if this will be as good as it gets. Are the UK deals typically the best or do US ones often come out later?

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
is there anyway to have it charged in USD from the UK site (I'm guessing not).
No. There are some US credit cards that do not charge fees for foreign transactions, but they are relatively rare.

Quote:
Are DLP packages fully refundable well in advance like they are for WDW in the US?
I skimmed the terms, and there appears to be a 15% cancel penalty, if I was reading them correctly. According to Mary Waring over at MouseSavers, the UK deals are often among the best.

http://www.mousesavers.com/other-dis...-resort-paris/
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

thats right Brian, for DLP packages booked through the UK site there is a 15% cancellation fee as soon as you have booked (plus a booking fee which you don't get back either).
If you cancel within 60 days of your trip, the cancellation fees are higher, on a sliding scale until 7 days before your trip.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
rockcow
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Brian Noble;46813928]No. There are some US credit cards that do not charge fees for foreign transactions, but they are relatively rare.

Capital One Visa does not charge currency conversion fees. I have one and have already checked with them to make sure. I'm going to DLP in June. If you can't get a Capital One, you can get the Hotel Easy Pass once you get to the resort. Basically charging most everything in the park you buy to your room. Then when you check out you only have one transaction fee.
rockcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

I use the AmEx Platinum, which only charges me the interbank rate. But, I would not necessarily recommend it just for this purpose, because it has a hefty annual fee---the main reason I have it is widespread access to airport lounges. It also will kick back about half the annual fee in airline nuisance fees for one designated airline. The cost of the card is about the same as the cost of one airline's lounge program, which I would buy anyway, so I treat the rest of it as found money.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #13
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. Is it true for the UK deals, ifs book online I have to pay in full at time of booking but if I book by phone I only have to pay the 15% deposit? Do most people book by phone then?

Does anyone remember what the UK & US (if any) deals for summer 2012 were? I am just trying to measure the price I have quoted for summer 2013 to understand if it is good or not or If I should be watching for a better deal later?

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #14
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Update: I successfully booked the UK deal! After careful thought, and comparing the US rates I was getting quoted for July 2012 when I was just shopping to get an idea of price, the package was several hundred dollars cheaper even with the exchange rate/fees. I called using Skype (I get so excited using my Skype, I can't get over how cheap it is and how clear the calls are!), and I asked for the buy 2 nights, get 2 free offer. At first the CM said it was only marketed to UK residents but I said I heard that if you call, they can do it for other country's residents as well. She put me on hold for a minute to check and then said a supervisor confirmed that I could book under what they call a "cross-over booking" and I was able to proceed. The whole call took about 20 minutes because she went over lots of details about DLP and the resort that I already knew but that was OK. I'm just so glad I am all booked and only had to put down the 15% deposit.

She said that my card on file would automatically be charged the balance 60 days before my departure. Is that accurate or do I have to call myself to request my balance to be paid? I just want to be sure it is done and not risk my booking getting cancelled or anything.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
She said that my card on file would automatically be charged the balance 60 days before my departure. Is that accurate or do I have to call myself to request my balance to be paid? I just want to be sure it is done and not risk my booking getting cancelled or anything.
Yes it will charged to your card automatically. Sometimes they might even take the payment twice or three times which has happend to some of us on this board.

I always call a few days before hand and make the payment manualy. It then takes about a week to show on your bank statement.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: