Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
Brumbie13
Mr. Mickeybars

Go eat, then sit by the adult pool and order and drink and smile... your vacation has begun!

Brumbie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #17
lilbuddy88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Do the other things first--get your dining table, reservations, etc. all set and eat. By that time, you'll usually be able to get to your room.
Where do you go to change Palo reservations? I thought this option was not available until 1:00?
lilbuddy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #18
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ
For pre-cruise "entertainment" DH likes to take the mickey head shaped cheddar crackers from our DCL castaway cay backpack out onto the verandah and throw them to the seagulls. The scavengers are overly friendly.
Ha! My kids won't even eat those. They think they taste funny (and I agree!). I have two containers from my last cruise...maybe I'll go feed the birds!
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #19
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

We got smart last summer (cruise #2!) on the Dream and did the following. Note...we don't have kids:

-Got to the port as early as possible, and were on the ship well before noon

-Had a quick lunch at the buffet, then hit the pool (mostly empty!) and the Aquaduck (short line!). The key here is remembering to wear your bathing suit under your embarkation-day clothes.

-Went back to our room to drop off our carry-ons and change out of now-wet bathing suits, and to make sure everything was in working order

-Explored the ship and attended the open house at the spa; won a free hair treatment because we stayed for the raffle! Somewhere during exploring we hopped over to Palo to secure brunch reservations that we couldn't get before boarding. While we did this, friends went to secure spots at some alcohol tastings.

-Muster drill, then sail-away party!

-We may even have had some time to take in Goofy Golf before dinner that night. If not, we just spent some more time walking around the ship, taking in the ambiance, and planning out some activities for later that night.

Enjoy your cruise!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #20
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbuddy88 View Post
Where do you go to change Palo reservations? I thought this option was not available until 1:00?
In my experience, it depends on the ship. On the Magic, it has always been open as soon as we boarded (we're platinum, so usually board right away). On the Wonder, it didn't open till 1:00 supposedly, but after being "shoo"ed away at 12:30 and returning at 12:55, it was in full swing.

On the Fantasy, it was open at noon--I don't know how much earlier.

Look at the Navigator to determine where it is--I've seen it in lots of places depending on the cruise.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #21
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner

In my experience, it depends on the ship. On the Magic, it has always been open as soon as we boarded (we're platinum, so usually board right away). On the Wonder, it didn't open till 1:00 supposedly, but after being "shoo"ed away at 12:30 and returning at 12:55, it was in full swing.

On the Fantasy, it was open at noon--I don't know how much earlier.

Look at the Navigator to determine where it is--I've seen it in lots of places depending on the cruise.
On the Navigator for the Fantasy it states that the reservations will be taken from 1 pm to 3:15 pm in their respective restaurants.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
LoveStitch
Mouseketeer

Wow! I posted the question, then dove into work (we have our own business and we're doubling up on work now in order to be free for cruise week) and haven't been back on here since. I was floored by all the responses, and all the great suggestions! Thank you so much! Several things I heard for the first time.

I'm going to print it out and re-read on the drive to the port next week.

Your comments got me even more excited - I started packing last night and am determined to do a little bit each evening until I'm all ready!

LoveStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #23
dorito6778
Earning My Ears

we always run for the spa first, with or without DD! lol
dorito6778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #24
youalleverybody
Rather be Soarin'

Our last cruise was on the Dream, DH and I without the kids. We were onboard before noon. We had half an hour before Enchanted Garden opened for lunch, so we got a drink and watched people boarding for awhile. Then we had lunch. After that, we decided to sign up for Mixology, so we headed to The District to sign up. While there, we had another drink...

By then rooms were ready so we dropped off stuff. Then we explored the ship, and encountered several characters with short lines.

Enjoy!

WDW 2008, 2010 and 2012
February 2012 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean
October 2012 Disney Dream Bahamas
February 2013 Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas
youalleverybody is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: