Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Just got back last week from POFQ and would definitely recommend it, for many of the same reasons others have said. It's a smaller resort, so it's easy to navigate and with only one bus stop, it was easy to get to and from the parks. Only once during our trip could I remember there really being a big crowd at the resort bus stop and the food court never seemed really crowded (and this was Thanksgiving week).
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #17
GoHerbie
Mouseketeer

We've stayed 3 trips at the mansions in POR and love it. We did the carriage ride from POR which rode through POFQ and weren't impressed with its decor or layout. On our most recent trip we drove to the POFQ food court for a dinner and weren't impressed - it seemed like a value food court whereas the POR food court seems nicer (and more quiet with carpet). Regardless of which resort you choose, visit the other one to check it out and see for yourself.

GoHerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #18
croppingcafe
Earning My Ears

We stayed at POR in a Royal Guest --river View room....at the request of my 24yr old daughter who is in the college program. We were in Panterre Place. We were on ground level--which wasn't my first choice because we were 3 adults and thought being on the 3rd floor would allow families with children to be on the ground floor. The 3rd floor would've given us a better view, too. After our first night there I labeled the POR the hidden jewel of Disney. I thought the rooms were appropriately priced....and Disney did a great job with the little details--lots of hidden Mickey's in the room. I kept laughing at myself because there was rug in the detail of the carpet. I kept wanting to step over it so I wouldn't mess up the tassles.

The riverside mill had a good selection of different food choices...I especially liked the pasta bar.

Our daughter had to work one night, and we walked to POFQ. They had a guy at the bar playing and singing. My only regret was that they didn't have enough seats and we ended up sitting in the lobby behind the stage. It was a nice, small, quaint place for the adults. The eating area there was small compared to Riverside Mill.
croppingcafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: