Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #196
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
That dress with those shoes? Fabulous! I L-O-V-E that dress. It's so swishy and swirly.

Haha, great story to try to get into Prime Time late!
Thanks!! I ADORE swirly skirt dresses. They're like my achilles heel.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #197
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Hope all you peoples of the DIS had a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I had a lovely time with my family. I built legoes with Dart and made a rather pretty apple pie, if I do say so myself.

But this post is not about Thanksgiving, and it is also not, sadly, a TR update (but I'm hoping to get one of those up soon!).

Tomorrow is Saturday. But it's not just any Saturday. Tomorrow my Irish of the University of Notre Dame (WOOT WOOT) play USC (boo, hiss) in college football.

I'm not really a fan of football - I'm a fan of Notre Dame football. And I don't talk about the Irish on here much, but I can't resist bragging for just a second, because Notre Dame is currently ranked NUMBER ONE. It's been forever since we've had a team really worth boasting about, let alone a (literally) #1 team!!

Now. Believe it or not, there is a Disney tie-in coming!

Because if the Irish beat the Trojans, chances are we're going to the National Championships in MIAMI BAYBEEE!

When I hear "Miami," my brain hears "Florida."
And - you know me - when I hear "Florida," all my brain hears is "WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!!"
Porthos (brother number three) is currently a member of the best band in the land, the Band of the Fighting Irish. And where our football team goes, our band follows. This means, if Notre Dame wins tomorrow, Porthos will be going to Florida.

When one member of the Snobbish family goes to Florida, we just make it a reason to take EVERYBODY to Florida!!

OK, actually we were already thinking of heading down to see Aramis after Christmas, but if Porthos is going for the game anyway, that will make it all the more impossible to resist.

So say a little prayer for the Irish tomorrow, friends; because if we win, I will probably be heading back to DISNEY at the beginning of January!

When I think about Notre Dame getting to the National Championships, I'm already bouncing with excitement. When I think of getting to go to Disney World so soon - see those gorgeous holiday decorations, check out the new Fantasyland - I feel like I might explode right in my chair.

Readers who are USC fans, please don't be offended, but...

GO IRISH!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #198
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

sending pixie dust you get your January trip!!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #199
Elcheetah
Earning My Ears

Hello! I've been lurking your TR, love it. That pie you made for Thanksgiving is awsome! Makes me wish I could cook.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #200
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

i love your prime time story, it sounds believable to me
Old 11-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #201
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

You guys are so funny with your story! I would let you in just on creativity alone!

I normally don't follow college football, and normally don't root for Notre Dame, but for you....

I will!! Go Irish! I hope you can make it a family trip to WDW!!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #202
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Last night Notre Dame played USC. On the line was a shot at the National Championships for the Irish and a trip to Disney World for this Irish Disney snob. And guess what...

THE IRISH DID IT!!

That right there is our quarterback, Everett Golson. After the game, he was asked in an interview what he credited the win to. He replies, "You know, Unity...God..."

That's why I love being Irish.

SO. We have our flights to Orlando booked!! I can't think of any better way to start off 2013 than with a jaunt to Disney World!

It'll be a short trip, and it looks like we'll stay with Aramis for most of the nights. But Mama Snob has been looking at resort availability...you know, just to see what's open ...
Old 11-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #203
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
sending pixie dust you get your January trip!!
Thanks, it looks like the pixie dust worked!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheetah View Post
Hello! I've been lurking your TR, love it. That pie you made for Thanksgiving is awsome! Makes me wish I could cook.
I love your avatar -- I have one of those yeti's sitting on my bed! Thanks - I'm not a big cook, but we had some little leaf-shaped pastry cutters that were fun to use and really effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
i love your prime time story, it sounds believable to me
I know, totally plausible, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
You guys are so funny with your story! I would let you in just on creativity alone!

I normally don't follow college football, and normally don't root for Notre Dame, but for you....

I will!! Go Irish! I hope you can make it a family trip to WDW!!

Thanks! And GO YOU for rooting for the Irish, if just for the day! It looks like the Snobbishes will be heading for Florida at the beginning of January!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #204
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Prime Time Hilarity

SO. We had just made up a big whooper of a tale about why we were late for our Prime Time ADR. Our cousin at the check-in desk was pretty impressed and said of course he would still seat us, after all we'd been through...

HOORAY!

It's been a few years since we last ate at Prime Time, so I was excited to reacquaint myself with the waiting area. I ALWAYS thought that the restaurant extended behind the bar there, but that evening I realized for the first time that there's actually just a wall made of mirrors - there's nothing behind the mirror.

MIND. BLOWN.

Sadly there were no surprises in the 50's style living room waiting area, though. It was as jammed as ever. Is it just me, or is that one of the most congested waiting areas at any Disney restaurant?? Seats are next to impossible to come by; there are so many groups standing, waiting to pounce as soon as anyone who is sitting stands up.

I love the theming in here, I just wish there was a little more space to appreciate it!

We had time, so Mom and I stepped outside to get a few quick photos...

Our meal at Prime Time was the main reason I wore this dress.

I would LOVE to live in an Echo Lake apartment!

Maybe I can...the gate, much to my surprise, was not locked!! But I resisted the very strong temptation to go up the stairs and check out the Echo Lake lofts.

Soon our pager went off, and it was time for dinner!

We were seated in the kitchen at a corner table. Our server was Uncle Tim (we really do have an Uncle Tim, which somehow made it even funnier). The first thing he did was ask us if we had washed our hands. We said we had used hand sanitizer, but he said that hadnt been invented yet. So then we tried to change our story, but Uncle Tim caught us out when we didnt know what color the soap was; and Athos, Dart, and I were sent on a walk of shame across the restaurant to the restrooms. lol.

Once we finally were ready to order, Uncle Time went around the table giving us all nicknames. What will you have, Sparky? he asked Porthos. What will you have, Skipper? he asked Dart. What will you have, Sunshine? he asked me.

I tried Aunt Lizs Golden Fried Chicken Porthos and I split it. It was very good, and I liked the southern greens it came with.

Other peoples in the family tried the chicken pot pie. They liked it but didn't love it, although, to be fair, I think most of us still weren't all that hungry. We split our dishes and still couldnt finish it all.

At normal restaurants, servers are understanding and don't comment on how much of the meal you eat. But this, as you know, is the 50s Prime Time Café, where your server is your uncle and is going to come out with a can of whipped cream to put on your veggies if you dont eat them.

Sadly, I had eaten my veggies.

But some of the others had not done a very good job on their meals. Mom was absurdly worried about the fuss Uncle Tim would make when he found out about it. Two of the tables near us had just emptied and were waiting to be bussed, so she put all the scraps on one plate and tried to slip it over onto another table.

On the first attempt, another Aunt noticed us and started yelling for Uncle Tim. ACK!

So we retrieved the plate and hid it under the table so the Aunt would have nothing to accuse us of. The table right next to us two parents and their son had noticed our predicament and helped us watch for when the coast was clear so we could put the plate onto a different abandoned table.

It was fully ridiculous. We were all laughing uncontrollably, our neighboring table included, and Uncle Tim and that nasty Aunt remained oblivious. Success!

We ended up chatting with the parents and the son - they were huge Disney fans and devout fans of Prime Time they had eaten there THREE times during their two week trip. I enjoyed Prime Time, but not that much! Then again, as Jane Austen once said, One man's ways may be as good as anothers, but each man likes his own best.

Part of the reason we had *not* finished our meals was because we really wanted to try dessert!

This is the 50's Boston Cream Parfait, and it was AMAZING!!! Normally I don't even like Boston Cream desserts, but this cream was nice and light, and there was plenty of chocolate in there. Uncle Time gave me a to-go cup so I could bring what I didn't finish along - yum yum!

Mom tried the s'mores, which were sadly a disappointment. The marshmellows werent cooked enough, and there wasn't enough chocolate just the sauce, no squares!

Did you know - Prime Time no longer uses the viewer as a dessert menu? Apparently they havent updated the slides with the current dessert offerings, but Uncle Tim still brought one out for Dart to have a look...

After dinner we strolled over to Star Tours for one last ride of the night. Dart yelled like a maniac - he loved it.

Tatooine at twilight is a beautiful sight...

Actually, all of Hollywood Studios was looking pretty gorgeous, lit up against that deep blue night sky!

Good Night, Hollywood!

We had a pretty fun day.

Coming Up Next: CHECKING IN AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN CLUB!! I have SO many pics -- can't wait!

Last edited by AGPrincess; 11-26-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #205
oOJulieOo
Mouseketeer

I've been reading your TR for a bit and now I'm all caught up and loving it!

I am also a Downton fan. Have you seen any of series 3 yet?

I loved seeing the Nespresso machine in your photos from the Contemporary. Nespresso is huge here in Switzerland. We just purchased a Nespresso machine and I have been enjoying quite a few chococcinos myself. And macchiatos. And chai tea lattes. And the list goes on...

There are about 300 things I wanted to comment on, but now I can't seem to remember what they are!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #206
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOJulieOo View Post
I've been reading your TR for a bit and now I'm all caught up and loving it!

I am also a Downton fan. Have you seen any of series 3 yet?

I loved seeing the Nespresso machine in your photos from the Contemporary. Nespresso is huge here in Switzerland. We just purchased a Nespresso machine and I have been enjoying quite a few chococcinos myself. And macchiatos. And chai tea lattes. And the list goes on...

There are about 300 things I wanted to comment on, but now I can't seem to remember what they are!
Thank you for posting!!! I LOVE getting to say hello to new readers/lurkers! I have seen clips of series 3 on youtube - I'm really bad about staying away from spoilers. Apart from the fact that I don't want to spoil it for any Downton fans on here that do want it to be a surprise, I can't even talk about series 3. Can't. even. go. there.

Yeah.

So have you seen season 3??

OH. MY. GOODNESS. That is so amazing you have a Disney club coffee machine in your HOUSE!! Chococcinos...they're just the best.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #207
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Wow - what a fun dinner!! Never been to PT, but would like it. DH would love the food. The kids would NOT love being yelled at, especially b/c they won't like veggies!!

You have got me wanting to stay club level SOOOOO bad!! It's just not fair!

I'm also thinking that I should be checking out Downton Abbey too. I hear lots of people like it...

Can't wait to see GF and hear what you think about it!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #208
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Prime Time scares me lol
Old 11-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #209
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness. I don't think I could have resisted the urge to go check out the apartments! I really will need to check that out next time. I'll just stay up there. They can't make me leave!!

THIS PICTURE IS HILARIOUS. The look on that poor girl's face... she must have been going through something very traumatizing!

It sounds like yall had SO much fun at Prime Time!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #210
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

How did you resist the temptation to check out the apartments????

Hahahaha your Prime Time antics sound hilarious!!! Good job teaming up with your neighbors to hide the plate!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: