Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #391
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse
Stormalong Stompin' Again
Ha ha!!! We all knew AKL wouldn't stick!!!! Glad you are back at BC! I honestly think you are going to love it there (if you keep it)!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #392
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
( Today I filled out an application to adopt this little one! http://malteserescue.homestead.com/A...cuePeanut.html )
Such a cute furbaby!! I love dogs. We moved in with my inlaws due to my mil's health. While we were here, my fil's health got bad, just as my mil's leveled out. We were able to bring our dog with us when we moved in, but we had to have him put to sleep Aug 2011. As long as we have to live with them, we can't get another dog. I would love to have one though. The breed I really really want is a Great Pyrenees. A man had one in line in front of us at a midnight release party for one of the World of Warcraft expansions. The man was about 5'10" and when the dog stood on its hind legs, with the front paws on his shoulders, the dog was looking him in the eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Good evening ladies. Well DS woke up at 4am with an upset tummy and a sneezing attack that wouldn’t quit. After getting him some meds and laid in his room for a couple of hours I finally went back to sleep. I dozed off and on but didn’t actually get and out of bed til 10:15am, EEK!!! DD came in and out and just kept snuggling up with DH and I while the boys slept. DS19 of course sleeps all day, but DS9 is usually up and going by 8-8:30am on the weekends, but not today, he slept til noon so I know he is fighting something. I am worried because he got sick and spiked a fever the week before his endoscopy in August and we had to reschedule and we still ended up in the ER after the procedure. I am hoping we don’t have a repeat next week. We were supposed to go to a bday party today but with DS sleeping so late and not feeling 100% I told DH that I really didn’t want to take him to be around a ton of kids and germs, not that he won’t be next weekend in Disney
I hope your little guy is feeling better soon. Our oldest DS woke me up yesterday morning throwing up. Since he's 15, I just told him to wake me up everytime he got sick. He was in bed until about 5 PM yesterday, but felt better when he got up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I have another follow up with the surgeon tomorrow morning and hope he is still happy with my progress, I know I did too much last week and I surely felt it, but I am hoping I didn’t do any damage. Then need to stop at the mall and pick up some sweats for DD and maybe a quick run into the liquor store since I will be on that side of town
Hopefully, all goes well with your surgeon tomorrow


Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Letthewookiein – In regards to your question about certain views and discounts, I am finding that there is no hard and fast rule anymore. I know for our trip next weekend at CR, everyone kept saying that TPV was not included but when I called CRO she offered it to me with a discount (we didn’t take it) but then when I was checking again I noticed that the CL rooms were now being offered with a discount and they definitely were not before. I think it is getting harder to predict which views and dates are going to be included in the discounts. Oh my, so scary about DS’ concussions! I know there is so much lately about trying to prevent these injuries in football and so many parents scared to let their kids play. Oh and I love the scarf!
That's what I'm afraid of. That there is no set resort/room combo for discounts and you won't know for sure until they announce it and I am on the phone making changes. Plus I don't think there is a set date for announcing discounts for June. Since I got done with my school work for the week, I might research that tonight.
Thank you. I truly love making them. I was just sitting home one day, while the DH was playing World of Warcraft and decided that I was going to teach myself to knit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Hello to everyone I am missing! Andrew (DS19) is waiting for me on the couch to watch some tv, so I better go before he doesnt want to spend time with my anymore, LOL!

Melissa
Don't you just love it when your teenagers want to speng time with you. Ours are the reason we are going back to WDW this next June. The DH wanted to do an adult only cruise, and then I said "but we'll only have the boys at home for a few more years and I would rather spend any vacation money we have on doing something with them." Our oldest just turned 15. The morning of his bday he had a recheck to make sure he was ok to return to contact sports from a concussion. When I asked him what he wanted to do on his bday, he said that all he wanted to do was go back home and take a snuggle-nap until lunch. Then he wanted me to take him to a Chinese buffet for lunch and wanted a Fudgey the Whale from Carvel for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

SWW! Woohoo!
I hope we can make it to SWW again this next year. I don't think we will be able to since the DS let out a week later.


Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Gorgeous! Great job!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
To piggyback on your comments to letthewookiein about discounts, I did notice that often even when Savannah view is not included in a discount that CL is. Savannah view plus a lounge. Just sayin...
Hmmm, so are all CL rooms a savanna view as well? If so, that just makes it that much harder to pick. The thing I am finding about the AKL and my family since I have booked is that the DH only wants to stay there b/c I want to. The DSs have said the view is wasted on them b/c they will not set foot on the balcony. They are afraid of heights and refuse to walk out of them b/c they think they are too small, along with too high.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #393
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Hmmm, so are all CL rooms a savanna view as well? If so, that just makes it that much harder to pick. The thing I am finding about the AKL and my family since I have booked is that the DH only wants to stay there b/c I want to. The DSs have said the view is wasted on them b/c they will not set foot on the balcony. They are afraid of heights and refuse to walk out of them b/c they think they are too small, along with too high.
I believe all AKL CL are arusha view.

And so it goes for the RCer. We want what we want. Then what they want. Then what is discounted. Then, what the heck, we splurge. Then we feel guilty. Then we circle back to our original ressie. But wait? Didn't I change this before? I must have had a good reason... And on it goes....

Good luck with your choice! I wish I could help more, but I'm hopeless.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #394
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I believe all AKL CL are arusha view.

And so it goes for the RCer. We want what we want. Then what they want. Then what is discounted. Then, what the heck, we splurge. Then we feel guilty. Then we circle back to our original ressie. But wait? Didn't I change this before? I must have had a good reason... And on it goes....

Good luck with your choice! I wish I could help more, but I'm hopeless.
This sums it up soooo well.....

Last night, after my change to BC...DH could tell something was up....he asked what I had done to our Disney reservation????? (Cuz that's when I starting acting guilty about something apparently)

After some hemming and hawing, I told him about BC....he laughed and then asked if I booked CL....
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #395
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Last night, after my change to BC...DH could tell something was up....he asked what I had done to our Disney reservation????? (Cuz that's when I starting acting guilty about something apparently)
They alllllways know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
After some hemming and hawing, I told him about BC....he laughed and then asked if I booked CL....
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #396
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse

I believe all AKL CL are arusha view.

And so it goes for the RCer. We want what we want. Then what they want. Then what is discounted. Then, what the heck, we splurge. Then we feel guilty. Then we circle back to our original ressie. But wait? Didn't I change this before? I must have had a good reason... And on it goes....

Good luck with your choice! I wish I could help more, but I'm hopeless.
I think I should have fully woken up before reading your post. It totally had me freaked out thinking, " omg, she crawled right inside my head and pulled my thoughts out." lol
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #397
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Good morrrrrrrning, lovely RCing ladies!

Melissa: Good vibes for thumbs up from the doctor this morning...

Linda: How are you feeling today?

Sarah: Sending you good vibes too... for a gentle ease back into seeing the docs. Hoping this time around isn't so hard on you.

Candace: L.M.A.O. You never cease to make me laugh... now let me join in with I_Heart and munch on some CL-popcorn: ... and some SAB Stompin' You're killin' me.

Jen: Are the girls getting all the same AG dolls? I hope the customs charges don't sting too much. I've always thought about getting one for Miss M but she never really showed much interest in her faux AG dolls (got her two Madame Alexander's to "test the waters" and she never touches them! I think I might just have to play with it -- the hair is so pretty. )

-------------

All of this MIL talk, it's so nice to have a group that understands! Can I vent a little too? I fall into the category of the "Evil Son-Stealing Woman." It's a bit of an odd scenario with mine; we got along so well ... up until I got pregnant and it all went downhill from there. (Even made a snide comment about the name we chose when seeing Miss M for the first time as a baby! Seriously... what the hay?) I try really hard to not let it get to me but when we actually do see them (they live overseas), it kinda brings it all back to the surface again. When we were there back in the spring after not having seen them for 2 years -- which was a visit to solely see MIL and FIL -- they spent the 4 days we were there all but ignoring Miss M. She'd sit in the room where they would be watching TV and color or read and play with her toys quietly. When she would start talking to her dolls, MIL would turn the volume up on the TV. Not even talking loudly ... just a quiet kid talking to her toys. That's how little they want to do with her. 5 minutes of interaction the entire time is a very generous estimate. Never calls here. Never asks how she is or what she's doing in school. It just boggles my mind. I truly don't understand it -- how someone can be that disinterested. We have an ocean between us so I don't need to deal with it too much anymore, thankfully. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, ladies.
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #398
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

It cut off a bit of my post above!

Letthewookiewin: Please, teach me how to knit! I never got past the "knit one" onto the "purl two" stage.
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #399
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,964

The stars are aligning!!!

So, SWW is looking really good...and relatively cheap. The airfare is awesome and DH has confirmed he is not working....my problem is the dates...and I am afraid to book airfare based on tentative dates...WWYD??? Wait a few more weeks???
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #400
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morrrrrrrning, lovely RCing ladies!

Melissa: Good vibes for thumbs up from the doctor this morning...

Linda: How are you feeling today?

Sarah: Sending you good vibes too... for a gentle ease back into seeing the docs. Hoping this time around isn't so hard on you.

Candace: L.M.A.O. You never cease to make me laugh... now let me join in with I_Heart and munch on some CL-popcorn: ... and some SAB Stompin' You're killin' me.

Jen: Are the girls getting all the same AG dolls? I hope the customs charges don't sting too much. I've always thought about getting one for Miss M but she never really showed much interest in her faux AG dolls (got her two Madame Alexander's to "test the waters" and she never touches them! I think I might just have to play with it -- the hair is so pretty. )

-------------

All of this MIL talk, it's so nice to have a group that understands! Can I vent a little too? I fall into the category of the "Evil Son-Stealing Woman." It's a bit of an odd scenario with mine; we got along so well ... up until I got pregnant and it all went downhill from there. (Even made a snide comment about the name we chose when seeing Miss M for the first time as a baby! Seriously... what the hay?) I try really hard to not let it get to me but when we actually do see them (they live overseas), it kinda brings it all back to the surface again. When we were there back in the spring after not having seen them for 2 years -- which was a visit to solely see MIL and FIL -- they spent the 4 days we were there all but ignoring Miss M. She'd sit in the room where they would be watching TV and color or read and play with her toys quietly. When she would start talking to her dolls, MIL would turn the volume up on the TV. Not even talking loudly ... just a quiet kid talking to her toys. That's how little they want to do with her. 5 minutes of interaction the entire time is a very generous estimate. Never calls here. Never asks how she is or what she's doing in school. It just boggles my mind. I truly don't understand it -- how someone can be that disinterested. We have an ocean between us so I don't need to deal with it too much anymore, thankfully. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, ladies.
I am sorry that they can't see how precious your DD is, that makes me sad.

Yep, for us it went downhill after DD8 was born too, and I all of a sudden I was doing everything wrong, not sharing the baby enough, too much on a schedule, I was making her stutter (she outgrew it ). I just took her criticisms with a stiff upper lip, but always vented to DH. The poor guy. It wasn't until after she started treating the DD's poorly, and outright yelling at middle DD all the time that I politely told her no more. Really I was polite!! But all h**l broke loose with DH's siblings too, how dare I cross mommy. So it brings us three years later to this point. But honestly we are good.

The AG dolls that I got for the DD's all have different eye colors (like theirs) and slightly different hairstyles. I am sooo excited to give them these dolls! Usually it is DH that overindulges them, so we have kind of switched roles....and I like it!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #401
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I am sorry that they can't see how precious your DD is, that makes me sad.

Yep, for us it went downhill after DD8 was born too, and I all of a sudden I was doing everything wrong, not sharing the baby enough, too much on a schedule, I was making her stutter (she outgrew it ). I just took her criticisms with a stiff upper lip, but always vented to DH. The poor guy. It wasn't until after she started treating the DD's poorly, and outright yelling at middle DD all the time that I politely told her no more. Really I was polite!! But all h**l broke loose with DH's siblings too, how dare I cross mommy. So it brings us three years later to this point. But honestly we are good.

The AG dolls that I got for the DD's all have different eye colors (like theirs) and slightly different hairstyles. I am sooo excited to give them these dolls! Usually it is DH that overindulges them, so we have kind of switched roles....and I like it!

We got the look-a-like ones too...with different eye colors too!
DD8 eyes are a little lighter than DD6, so we got hazel for DD8 and brown for DD6, but otherwise, the dolls look the same.

I can't wait until the girls get them!!! It's literally the only
thing they have asked for!!!

Problem is, we are only 45 minutes from Boston and the girls know it...they are going to want to be at the AG store all the time!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #402
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We got the look-a-like ones too...with different eye colors too!
DD8 eyes are a little lighter than DD6, so we got hazel for DD8 and brown for DD6, but otherwise, the dolls look the same.

I can't wait until the girls get them!!! It's literally the only
thing they have asked for!!!

Problem is, we are only 45 minutes from Boston and the girls know it...they are going to want to be at the AG store all the time!
Yes I can expect us making a trip there too! BTW Candace.... for going back to Beach Club! I think the location is really really convenient there and worth it totally! Even though we have only eaten dinner and not actually stayed there!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #403
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
The Poly is one of the resorts my DH told me he was interested in staying in when we were talking about where to book. He surprised me with wanting to stay at the GF. After staying at the Pop Century on this last trip, I would really like to stay at a Deluxe this time.
My DH would much prefer Poly or Wl, but when I told hime the rates were only good at GF YC/BC..GF was an easy sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
( Today I filled out an application to adopt this little one! http://malteserescue.homestead.com/A...cuePeanut.html )
Good luck! Your loving home is perfect for this furbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
For SWW, we have not decided...but are thinking All Star Movies....or YC, you know depending on financials....
Why not YC for the April trip....


[QUOTE=Jungle Cruiser;46786005I am woefully behind and have a busy couple of days with doctors coming up. Could people refresh my memory on dates for their trips so I can update the RC Trip list on page one?!
[/QUOTE]

Aug. 25-31st GF and

And I know this my cause some to spit out their coffee or BUT this IS the trip! Really it is!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jeanette – The kids know that CL is a one time deal (for now anyway), I am excited to be able to watch Wishes even on the MVMCP night. YAY YAY YAY on GF this summer!!!! I know you are disappointed that you are not going in Jan and it wont be the same without the RC’ers, but at least you have a great summer trip to look forward to. I think your advice to Candace was so true…we don’t always plan for what we have, sometimes it is just up to a greater power. I honestly believe if DD hadn’t been so difficult we would definitely have more.

Melissa
I hope DS is better soon, and his endoscopy goes on uneventfully. Good luck to you at the surgeon's

I am very thankful for my Summer trip, and I'd like to do the family proud by leaving it as is. Everyone is all jazzed..we have many GF based plans already. DS11 loves the Beach Pool slide...I couldn't entice him with SAB There is so much the kids haven't done or seen...Test track refurb, the girls want to try ToT...all the new Fantasyland rides...the new Gasparillas!! And the thing with GV at the Grand...you can't go wrong! I did promise the kids a neverending supply of snacks...so it's time for the Pas clan World Cupcake Tasting Tour
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Sorry about the January trip
It's ALL GOOD!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
This sums it up soooo well...

Last night, after my change to BC...DH could tell something was up....he asked what I had done to our Disney reservation????? (Cuz that's when I starting acting guilty about something apparently)

After some hemming and hawing, I told him about BC....he laughed and then asked if I booked CL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
They alllllways know.
They sure do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
We have an ocean between us so I don't need to deal with it too much anymore, thankfully. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, ladies.
I'd like to provide Miss M with some surrogate cousins She'd love my crazy crew!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Letthewookiewin: Please, teach me how to knit! I never got past the "knit one" onto the "purl two" stage.
Me either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, SWW is looking really good...and relatively cheap. The airfare is awesome and DH has confirmed he is not working....my problem is the dates...and I am afraid to book airfare based on tentative dates...WWYD??? Wait a few more weeks???
You can change dates with SW...right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Yep, for us it went downhill after DD8 was born too, and I all of a sudden I was doing everything wrong, not sharing the baby enough, too much on a schedule, I was making her stutter . I just took her criticisms with a stiff upper lip, but always vented to DH. The poor guy. It wasn't until after she started treating the DD's poorly, and outright yelling at middle DD all the time that I politely told her no more. Really I was polite!! But all h**l broke loose with DH's siblings too, how dare I cross mommy. So it brings us three years later to this point. But honestly we are good.
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #404
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Melissa: And how's DS this morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, SWW is looking really good...and relatively cheap. The airfare is awesome and DH has confirmed he is not working....my problem is the dates...and I am afraid to book airfare based on tentative dates...WWYD??? Wait a few more weeks???
That's it. I'm hopping in SOMEONE'S suitcase! SWW has me jonesin'. (Maybe wait a bit unless you can book a no-change-fee fare? Does JB offer that?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I am sorry that they can't see how precious your DD is, that makes me sad.

Yep, for us it went downhill after DD8 was born too, and I all of a sudden I was doing everything wrong, not sharing the baby enough, too much on a schedule, I was making her stutter (she outgrew it ). I just took her criticisms with a stiff upper lip, but always vented to DH. The poor guy. It wasn't until after she started treating the DD's poorly, and outright yelling at middle DD all the time that I politely told her no more. Really I was polite!! But all h**l broke loose with DH's siblings too, how dare I cross mommy. So it brings us three years later to this point. But honestly we are good.

The AG dolls that I got for the DD's all have different eye colors (like theirs) and slightly different hairstyles. I am sooo excited to give them these dolls! Usually it is DH that overindulges them, so we have kind of switched roles....and I like it!
Thanks, Jen. So good for you that you said something. We're so lucky we can vent to our hubs. I'd seriously if he didn't agree with my assessment of all of the craziness -- makes it so much easier. As does not living remotely close!

Ooooooooooooh, it's so nice when MOMMY can do the spoiling for a change. You'll have to get a pic of them opening them up! And you too, Candace! I just love those classic "WHOA, Look what Santa brought us" pictures. Nothing beats that for pure heart-melt nostalgia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Aug. 25-31st GF and

And I know this my cause some to spit out their coffee or BUT this IS the trip! Really it is!!!
THE trip? The one of many you mean? We know our Jeanette. I'm just wondering how many times it'll change back and forth before it lands on GF again. We need to start a public service campaign for those poor CRO people -- like the "Be Kind, Rewind" one. Need a catchy slogan though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I'd like to provide Miss M with some surrogate cousins She'd love my crazy crew!!!
I know she would absolutely adore them! She had a blast hanging out with Jen's kids for the few minutes we met up at BC in September. Must be an only-child thing... she LOVES being with other kids. (Or mommy's just extremely boring. )
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #405
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Melissa: And how's DS this morning?



That's it. I'm hopping in SOMEONE'S suitcase! SWW has me jonesin'. (Maybe wait a bit unless you can book a no-change-fee fare? Does JB offer that?)



Thanks, Jen. So good for you that you said something. We're so lucky we can vent to our hubs. I'd seriously if he didn't agree with my assessment of all of the craziness -- makes it so much easier. As does not living remotely close!

Ooooooooooooh, it's so nice when MOMMY can do the spoiling for a change. You'll have to get a pic of them opening them up! And you too, Candace! I just love those classic "WHOA, Look what Santa brought us" pictures. Nothing beats that for pure heart-melt nostalgia.



THE trip? The one of many you mean? We know our Jeanette. I'm just wondering how many times it'll change back and forth before it lands on GF again. We need to start a public service campaign for those poor CRO people -- like the "Be Kind, Rewind" one. Need a catchy slogan though...



I know she would absolutely adore them! She had a blast hanging out with Jen's kids for the few minutes we met up at BC in September. Must be an only-child thing... she LOVES being with other kids. (Or mommy's just extremely boring. )
For SWW the great airfare is actually through SW out of my city.

No change fees....

One thing I'm still having an issue with is that we will have to take DD8 out of school for 1.5 days again (we are already doing that in April)....
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.