Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #1396
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I've loved Tony since season two when he was paired with Stacy Keebler.
Ditto!

And he has been a class act - even with some of the *stars* he's been stuck with in the past! Lesser Pro's would have packed up and baled out seasons ago!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #1397
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

I know I am in the minority, but I don't mind Kelly and Val. Val is absolutely drool-worthy, and while I am not that crazy about Kelly, they DO have chemistry. That chemistry, IMHO, adds "spice" to their dances, and that entertains me.

I will miss Apolo a lot, I really liked him, but someone had to go, and he probably wasn't as technically talented as the others.

On the other hand, I was SO ready for Emmett to go. I was tired of him clomping around the floor weeks ago.

Shawn and Derek have been my favorites since week 1, so I am hoping the final order will be:

Shawn and Derek
Melissa and Tony
Kelly and Val

But the top two could easily be a toss-up...

Upcoming California and Disneyland Pre-Trip!
"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #1398
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

So it looks like they are doing their freestyles and one repeat dance tomorrow night. Melissa and Tony are repeating their samba, Val and Kelly are repeating their Paso and Derek and Shawn are repeating their Quickstep.

Also, I saw on twitter that it looks like Derek and Shawn are incorporating the Fab 5 American gymnastics team into their freestyle. The girls all arrived this week to rehearse with them. Guess we should get ready for lots of flips and tricks.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #1399
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
So it looks like they are doing their freestyles and one repeat dance tomorrow night. Melissa and Tony are repeating their samba, Val and Kelly are repeating their Paso and Derek and Shawn are repeating their Quickstep.

Also, I saw on twitter that it looks like Derek and Shawn are incorporating the Fab 5 American gymnastics team into their freestyle. The girls all arrived this week to rehearse with them. Guess we should get ready for lots of flips and tricks.
Can they do that?!? Can they have guest "dancers"?
Old 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #1400
AmericangirlinFrance
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ugh, I hope that Shawn and Derek's freestyle doesn't turn into a gymnastics meet. She is a great dancer and I hope they showcase that... not all the tricks and flips.

I generally don't like the freestyle dances as much because it seems to me way more about "who can do the most ridiuculous tricks", and less about who is the best dancer.

Gilles, come back!

Florida residents!
AmericangirlinFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #1401
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
Not in my mind, but again, they rarely ask.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #1402
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
It's Derek so of course it's allowed!

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #1403
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
It's Derek so of course it's allowed!
Hahahaha, this made me laugh. I didn't think they could have guest dancers either but it seems that they can. Maybe they will just be in the background doing tricks? Who knows? It has the potential to be super fun and audience pleasing but I think it could also backfire with the judges.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #1404
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Here is a link to a rehearsal photo:

http://twitter.com/Aly_Raisman/statu...436352/photo/1
Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #1405
trip
family trip planner

Like the judges don't know. The show probably paid to fly them in. If it was illegal, it could be stopped.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #1406
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo
Here is a link to a rehearsal photo:

http://twitter.com/Aly_Raisman/statu...436352/photo/1
Ugh.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #1407
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Quote:
Hahahaha, this made me laugh. I didn't think they could have guest dancers either but it seems that they can. Maybe they will just be in the background doing tricks? Who knows? It has the potential to be super fun and audience pleasing but I think it could also backfire with the judges.

I think it will be awesome and fun and great entertainment! Can't wait to see it!

But then, I am a huge gymnastics fan, and I love it when they incorporate tricks and flips into their dances.

Upcoming California and Disneyland Pre-Trip!
"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #1408
marybet
I'm from Ohio, I just live in Alabama.
Had a crush on Dr. Kildare!

I don't remember the score that Shawn got for her first freestyle but I do remember thinking it was to much gymnastics and not enough dance.

I was worried when they said there would be extra dancers in the freestyle. The best freestyles have some lifts but also dance. If Shawn has the fab five will the other two have non dancers as well?

I think this season has gotten to gimmicky. I wish there had been more ballroom instead of all those strange combo dances.

I will be cheering for Melissa and Tony, the other two have their trophies and I think that Melissa is a great dancer.
marybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #1409
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybet View Post
I don't remember the score that Shawn got for her first freestyle but I do remember thinking it was to much gymnastics and not enough dance.

I was worried when they said there would be extra dancers in the freestyle. The best freestyles have some lifts but also dance. If Shawn has the fab five will the other two have non dancers as well?

I think this season has gotten to gimmicky. I wish there had been more ballroom instead of all those strange combo dances.

I will be cheering for Melissa and Tony, the other two have their trophies and I think that Melissa is a great dancer.
I agree with you 100%. I liked the gimmick of theme weeks like country week or the Michael Jackson songs but the stupidity of the surfing flamenco or the caveman hustle did nothing for me.

I understand that they felt they had to change things up and really challenge the "all-stars" but I think they could have come up with some better ideas. All along, I had been waiting for them to have a week where they changed out the professional partners on them to see how they performed with someone they were not used to. I thought they could do it on one of the non-elimination weeks so that if you really bombed with a different partner, it wouldn't be the only thing sending you home.

I was also kind of hoping that when they brought back all of the eliminated folks, they would let them put together their own freestyle dance. I love seeing everyone come back but get bored watching them repeat a dance they already did. I think it would have been great fun to see what kind of free styles the eliminated all stars could put together.

All my votes are going for Melissa and Tony as well.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #1410
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Here we go! Part One of the Finals.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: