Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #946
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaCountyDad View Post
We cannot wait until tomorrow. DW and I have the Chef's Table. We will try and check in early so we have plenty of time to get ready and head over.
Hope you'll post a review! We are eating in the QV room in February and I can't wait!!!
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #947
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilvr View Post
We enjoyed V&A's (we've only been once) but didn't come away thinking "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG That was so awesome!"

Don't get me wrong, the food was great, and the service was pretty good (I actually came away a little disappointed in the service). I think I enjoyed it more than my wife did; I think she'd built it up in her head mentally and was a little let down. I thought the food was up to par but that the setting and the service was not as good.

I've eaten at several 3-star Michelin restaurants and they were better than V&A's. Cost was comparable. It's clearly the best you'll find at WDW.
That's the problem with WDW, in general, after you've been on a board such as this. You build your expectations up and nothing will ever live up to those expectations that you've engraved in your mind.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #948
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

victoria and albert's

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
If I were to guess, I'd say that they don't do it because too many people change their minds based on how they're feeling that day. I know I initially thought that I wanted the pairing, but decided against it because of a small headache that night.

It's a lot of wine and a lot of money, and I'd bet that they'd get a lot of angry guests changing their minds and wanting refunds for the pairing if they've prepaid.
is Victoira and Albert's like Remy on the Fantasy cruise ship? I got to eat at Remy in september oh my that was one wonderful meal
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #949
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess View Post
is Victoira and Albert's like Remy on the Fantasy cruise ship? I got to eat at Remy in september oh my that was one wonderful meal
Yes, it is similar. In fact, the Chef from V&A is responsible for half the menu for Remy. Both are incredible experiences!

Jill in CO
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #950
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
That's the problem with WDW, in general, after you've been on a board such as this. You build your expectations up and nothing will ever live up to those expectations that you've engraved in your mind.
And for a different perspective, we have also dined at multiple 3 Michelin star restaurants in Europe, and after many visits, I still keep V&A up in that top tier of restaurants. They've had plenty of opportunities for a misstep or two, but it's never happened. In ten years of visiting there at least once a year.

So, I personally don't think expectations from this board could ever get in the way of a V&A experience. My expectations of the restaurant are honestly higher than those I see on this board

Next Trip: Podcast Cruise 5.0

Only took 83 nights with DCL to become Platinum*1st Panama Canal Cruise 2005*1st Mediterranean Cruise 2007*1st Baltic Cruise 2010*Podcast Cruise 2.0*Disney Dream Maiden Voyage 2011*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Jul-Aug 2011*Podcast Cruise 3.0*DIS Unplugged ABD London/Paris 2012*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Dec 2013*Podcast Cruise 5.0
NejTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #951
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

V&a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Yes, it is similar. In fact, the Chef from V&A is responsible for half the menu for Remy. Both are incredible experiences!

Jill in CO
I loved my dinner at Remy and i ate in the private dinning room. I think i've been spoiled for every day dinning
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #952
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

We have officially made our ADR for V&A to celebrate during Princess Marathon weekend. I am so excited to finally do this.
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #953
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NejTheLion View Post
And for a different perspective, we have also dined at multiple 3 Michelin star restaurants in Europe, and after many visits, I still keep V&A up in that top tier of restaurants. They've had plenty of opportunities for a misstep or two, but it's never happened. In ten years of visiting there at least once a year.

So, I personally don't think expectations from this board could ever get in the way of a V&A experience. My expectations of the restaurant are honestly higher than those I see on this board
Does anyone have any guesses as to why V&A does not have a Michelin star yet? It does have a AAA 5 Diamond which is less common than 1 star restaurants.

Destination D WDW Nov 2014
ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #954
KingSpeedy
Earning My Ears

I can't speak to its review history. but the Michelin star system is said to be extremely political and discriminatory. The US has always lagged behind in Michelin star restuarants compared to European and Asian countries.
KingSpeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #955
BGK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
Does anyone have any guesses as to why V&A does not have a Michelin star yet? It does have a AAA 5 Diamond which is less common than 1 star restaurants.
In the U.S., Michelin Guides are city-specific, and there are just three: New York, San Francisco, and Chicago. It would be a serious stretch to find other star-worthy places in Orlando, or at least enough to make a Guide. One for all of Florida, perhaps, but it would still be pretty slim.

Beyond that, it's pretty much a black box as to the criteria, and it infuriates more restauranteurs than it pleases.
BGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #956
jasperess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
In the U.S., Michelin Guides are city-specific, and there are just three: New York, San Francisco, and Chicago. It would be a serious stretch to find other star-worthy places in Orlando, or at least enough to make a Guide. One for all of Florida, perhaps, but it would still be pretty slim.

Beyond that, it's pretty much a black box as to the criteria, and it infuriates more restauranteurs than it pleases.
Las Vegas as well (although the stars weren't reviewed this past year), but yeah, that's what I thought too. I just don't think they have gotten there yet unlike AAA.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #957
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
I was worried about this before our visit in January but V&A well exceeded my expectations and blew my husband away. Well, I wasn't really worried until just a few days before when my husband said he was sure the restaurant was all hype!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #958
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Curious, for a V&A newbie, my husbands attire is pretty straightforward...but I'm having a hard time defining evening. In theory, its easy. Practice, not so much. There's not a thread somewhere hiding on it, is there?
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #959
KingSpeedy
Earning My Ears

As long as he's wearing slacks and a jacket, be it a tuxedo, suit, or separates like khakis and a blazer, there won't be a problem. Ties are optional.
KingSpeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #960
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

He should wear slacks and a jacket. The jacket is mandatory, ties are optional.

Chef's Table in just over a week!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: