Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #31
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
DH just called. He said his day was a nightmare because he got to the movie and it was sold out so they had to go somewhere else. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!! Oh, and he hasn't had dinner. Well, neither have we. Anyway, he says he'll be home in 15 minutes and will have it fixed in no time. OMG, my blood pressure is so high right now.... I may murder him, but I'll wait until after he fixes the water.
You know, I very rarely blow my top at DH (can only recall a couple times in 16 years), but this situation would have DS and I packing a bag and checking into a hotel for the evening.

DH can figure out dinner and the problem of having no water for the night (and morning shower) by himself.

Sorry Zandy...what a sucky situation.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #32
hereyago
DIS Veteran

I would tell him to swing by grocery store to at least get a few gallons of water so you can flush toilets,etc.in case he can't fix it. I would also tell him to get a pacifier since he wanted to whine about his bad day . Good luck OP.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #33
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

Does the shut off valves under the sink continue up to the sink or does it veer towards the shower. If it veers off to the shower and not up, it is quite possible the shut off you want. A house 10 years old should have shut offs under each sink, behind each toilet, and one for tub and shower.
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #34
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

okay, my DH would NEVER do this, but, OP, i honestly don't blame you for being furious-i would be too. hoping your DH is home and fixing it right now.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #35
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Well the shower's not totally fixed, but at least we have water to the rest of the house now.

He had the nerve to tell me that he had a stressfull day and couldn't even concentrate on the movie. I don't know how many more signs he needed to make him realize he should've stayed home. First he forgot his wallet, then the movie was sold out...

He said he was sorry and is on his way to Arby's to get us dinner. I'm not happy, but I've decided not to kill him.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #36
disneyhand
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH just called. He said his day was a nightmare because he got to the movie and it was sold out so they had to go somewhere else. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!! Oh, and he hasn't had dinner. Well, neither have we. Anyway, he says he'll be home in 15 minutes and will have it fixed in no time. OMG, my blood pressure is so high right now.... I may murder him, but I'll wait until after he fixes the water.
Now that is Karma!

OP I'm sorry about your plumbing issues.
disneyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #37
RNMOM
BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL

If your house is only 10 yrs old it MUST have more shut off valves. It wouldn't meet code. After all this is over, have someone who knows a little more about houses, any friends husbands in construction?, and go through the house to find the shut offs. You need to know this and if they aren't there, have them put in. As you now know, they are important.

Oh yeah, your husband is way off base on this. Are his parents domineering? I would guess so to be willing to leave his family like this.
RNMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #38
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peemagg View Post
Does the shut off valves under the sink continue up to the sink or does it veer towards the shower. If it veers off to the shower and not up, it is quite possible the shut off you want. A house 10 years old should have shut offs under each sink, behind each toilet, and one for tub and shower.
He turned the main valve on after he put some clip on, water came out of the shower head. I turned the valves under the sink and they did not turn the water off to the shower. Stupid, but we don't have a shutoff for the shower.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #39
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I would be livid if my husband had pulled this!!!!!! I can tell you another thing too, he would be at home fixing this alone while my son and I spent the night in a hotel! No way would I be running to get this tool or that tool for him to fix it after sitting there all day stressing about it. Not to mention if he didn't get it fixed. Tomorrow morning would be stressful.

Sorry that this is happening. I hope you get it fixed soon!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #40
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMOM View Post
If your house is only 10 yrs old it MUST have more shut off valves. It wouldn't meet code. After all this is over, have someone who knows a little more about houses, any friends husbands in construction?, and go through the house to find the shut offs. You need to know this and if they aren't there, have them put in. As you now know, they are important.

Oh yeah, your husband is way off base on this. Are his parents domineering? I would guess so to be willing to leave his family like this.
Have you ever seen Everybody Loves Raymond?

I think in this case though, he just didn't think it was a big deal. I think if MIL knew her grandson was home without any water she may have told DH to go home and fix it, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #41
DisneyNutMary
DIS Veteran

You're handling this pretty well Zandy, I'd probably be divorced by the end of the day if my DH took such a laid back attitude on something so important.
I'm glad you have water now. Maybe a good heart to heart with your DH should be next, he obviously upset you very much, and clearly was only concerned with himself the whole time.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #42
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I would be livid if my husband had pulled this!!!!!! I can tell you another thing too, he would be at home fixing this alone while my son and I spent the night in a hotel! No way would I be running to get this tool or that tool for him to fix it after sitting there all day stressing about it. Not to mention if he didn't get it fixed. Tomorrow morning would be stressful.

Sorry that this is happening. I hope you get it fixed soon!!!
Oh, I wasn't running to get him anything. I was trying to prove him wrong, but it backfired. He was right, there's no shutoff to the shower.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #43
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't running to get him anything. I was trying to prove him wrong, but it backfired. He was right, there's no shutoff to the shower.
We don't have one either, well we do but it's in the wall in our closet! We found this out the hard way when we had a plumber come out to fix our shower.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #44
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNutMary View Post
You're handling this pretty well Zandy, I'd probably be divorced by the end of the day if my DH took such a laid back attitude on something so important.
I'm glad you have water now. Maybe a good heart to heart with your DH should be next, he obviously upset you very much, and clearly was only concerned with himself the whole time.
He knows how upset I am. He did apologize and I made sure he knew I would not tolerate this kind of situation again.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #45
cornflake
DIS Veteran

He had a stressful day and couldn't concentrate on the movie?

He didn't think it was a big deal... that you couldn't use the toilets or the sinks at all?

There's a level of disconnect there that I'd find seriously disturbing, honestly.

I'd also have decamped to a very nice hotel the moment I heard 'going to the movies,' and left nothing but a note withOUT the hotel name or number.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: