Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #316
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I am sorry you have to postpone your trip Michele. I hope this means you can plan an even better one in the future.

Also the photos of your nephews wedding are great! Looked like a lot of fun. And the little guys are so cute!

Those shirts are really cute too!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #317
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Well, it is with a heavy heart that I must post the end of the trip report. We ended up with some very unexpected expenses and we have to post pone our trip. We are not cancelling it, just merely putting it on hold.

Thank you for following.
That's such a shame, Michele. I know you were looking forward to the trip, and trying to stay positive about it even in the face of all kinds of other things going on. It's too bad that it finally had to come to the point of postponing. (I assume that, even though you all will go eventually, it will not be during the holiday season so it will be a whole different experience.)

I have certainly had that happen before - where I have had DLR planned way in advance and then, as it gets closer to the time of the trip, the money just isn't there - or there is an unexpected expense that derails everything. That's kind of why I gave up making 'set in stone' plans too far in advance. There is just too much time for things to backfire, or for the money to not be there.

Following along with Laurie's PTR and reading about all of the ups and downs of planning that WDW holiday trip, I think that if I were in her shoes I would have just been stressed to the limits a long time ago and probably given up. I hope she doesn't give up because I selfishly want to read about her travels to WDW during the holiday season, but all of the uncertainty about how she is going to pull it all together would have been too much for me, I think.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #318
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I am sorry you have to postpone your trip Michele. I hope this means you can plan an even better one in the future.

Also the photos of your nephews wedding are great! Looked like a lot of fun. And the little guys are so cute!

Those shirts are really cute too!

Thank you Andrea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
That's such a shame, Michele. I know you were looking forward to the trip, and trying to stay positive about it even in the face of all kinds of other things going on. It's too bad that it finally had to come to the point of postponing. (I assume that, even though you all will go eventually, it will not be during the holiday season so it will be a whole different experience.)

I have certainly had that happen before - where I have had DLR planned way in advance and then, as it gets closer to the time of the trip, the money just isn't there - or there is an unexpected expense that derails everything. That's kind of why I gave up making 'set in stone' plans too far in advance. There is just too much time for things to backfire, or for the money to not be there.

Following along with Laurie's PTR and reading about all of the ups and downs of planning that WDW holiday trip, I think that if I were in her shoes I would have just been stressed to the limits a long time ago and probably given up. I hope she doesn't give up because I selfishly want to read about her travels to WDW during the holiday season, but all of the uncertainty about how she is going to pull it all together would have been too much for me, I think.

Sherry, this is just one of those cases where the money had to go to the greater good of all. Seriously though, I wasn't feeling all that comfortable leaving Kacy alone while the rest of us went.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #319
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Well, it is with a heavy heart that I must post the end of the trip report. We ended up with some very unexpected expenses and we have to post pone our trip. We are not cancelling it, just merely putting it on hold.

Thank you for following.
I am sorry to hear that

But I am glad you are just rescheduling it and not cancelling it

Make sure you tell us when you pick new dates

Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #320
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I am sorry to hear that

But I am glad you are just rescheduling it and not cancelling it

Make sure you tell us when you pick new dates

Kelly, I will. Thank you.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:38 AM   #321
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Miss you Michele, Praying all is well.

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #322
kaoden39
Hugs

I miss you too Judy. I think I am still feeling sorry for myself. What with Scotty's health and everything.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #323
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

I hope at least for the next few days you can have some peace and enjoy the holiday. You deserve that and SO MUCH MORE!!!! I can't get you off of my heart!

Old 12-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #324
blessedmom4

Hello dear friend. I saw you "out" a bit and wanted to say hi again.
Just waiting on the children to wake up and sharing more holiday wishes.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #325
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I hope at least for the next few days you can have some peace and enjoy the holiday. You deserve that and SO MUCH MORE!!!! I can't get you off of my heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Hello dear friend. I saw you "out" a bit and wanted to say hi again.
Just waiting on the children to wake up and sharing more holiday wishes.

Thank you for thinking of me my friend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: