Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

So Angry Right Now - Need to Vent

Long story short, DH broke the shower and had to shut the water off to the whole house. If the water is turned on it shoots out of the handle and can't be turned off. He just needed a part to fix it, but instead of going out to get the part and coming home, he decided it was a good idea to go to a movie with his parents. This was at 2:30 this afternoon and he's still not home. So we have not been able to use the water at all. No flushing toilets, no washing hands, no making dinner... I had to take DS to my parent's house so he could take a shower and use the bathroom. If DH doesn't get home and get it fixed we're going to have to go back over to my parent's house to sleep tonight. And he doesn't get why I'm angry.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Long story short, DH broke the shower and had to shut the water off to the whole house. If the water is turned on it shoots out of the handle and can't be turned off. He just needed a part to fix it, but instead of going out to get the part and coming home, he decided it was a good idea to go to a movie with his parents. This was at 2:30 this afternoon and he's still not home. So we have not been able to use the water at all. No flushing toilets, no washing hands, no making dinner... I had to take DS to my parent's house so he could take a shower and use the bathroom. If DH doesn't get home and get it fixed we're going to have to go back over to my parent's house to sleep tonight. And he doesn't get why I'm angry.
Is he always this oblivious to major problems he causes?
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
Breezy_Carol
Who needs doors when you can use windows
Bugged by ticks
I had a dog that ate wood screws once

Can't you just turn off the valve behind the shower so you can turn the rest of the house back on?

I would be peeved also.

Breezy_Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
Is he always this oblivious to major problems he causes?
He doesn't think it's a big deal. DS was supposed to go to the movie with them, but decided he didn't want to go, thinking DH wouldn't go then and would stay home and fix the shower. My 16 year old son has better sense than my 42 year old husband. Unfortunately DH didn't take the hint and just left without him.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Old 11-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I would sit down and have a nice pleasant talk. I have gone through some things as well. I would explain that priority's come first. Just make sure your calm. It will come across better. I do understand where you are coming from. My DH has come along way from doing these kinds of things.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy_Carol View Post
Can't you just turn off the valve behind the shower so you can turn the rest of the house back on?

I would be peeved also.
As far as I know, there isn't a valve behind the shower.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy_Carol View Post

I would be peeved also.
Yeah. Why turn the whole house off? If it's a matter of not being able to access the pipes from behind the wall, there should be another shutoff to that particular room. Then you could still have the kitchen water and another bathroom (if you have another).
I should add that yes, I'd be quite peeved too.

Last edited by phorsenuf; 11-25-2012 at 07:13 PM.
phorsenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

I have to wonder if this might have something to do with, perhaps, pleasing his parents is more important to him than his wife, his home, his children??? Just wondering!
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He doesn't think it's a big deal. DS was supposed to go to the movie with them, but decided he didn't want to go, thinking DH wouldn't go then and would stay home and fix the shower. My 16 year old son has better sense than my 42 year old husband. Unfortunately DH didn't take the hint and just left without him.
Why hint? Why did you son try and manipulate the situation instead of just saying, "Yo, Dad. Stay home and fix the shower." Why not just TELL him point blank?
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

I would be upset also. I hope it gets fixed tonight!
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I would sit down and have a nice pleasant talk. I have gone through some things as well. I would explain that priority's come first. Just make sure your calm. It will come across better. I do understand where you are coming from. My DH has come along way from doing these kinds of things.
Oh, I tried to get him to realize that the water problem was a much bigger priority than going to a movie that will still be out next weekend. Didn't get me anywhere.

Last edited by Zandy595; 11-25-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
Why hint? Why did you son try and manipulate the situation instead of just saying, "Yo, Dad. Stay home and fix the shower." Why not just TELL him point blank?
Yep, that is one factor that almost provides the answer to my question above.

IMHO, there is absolutely NO justification, blaming the OP, or anything else that makes what the DH did Okay.

I would have informed him that I was calling the closest emergency plumbing service, immediately, at a cost of at least $100.00-150.00 per hour on a Sunday on a holiday weekend...... plus parts and fees..... I NEED water, like NOW... (with a huge, implied, 'period')

Last edited by Wishing on a star; 11-25-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

I would be upset as well. Honestly, I am the type of person that when I found out he went to the movies and left me with ZERO water along with our son, I would have called a plumber.

There are consequences to our actions. It sounds like he doesn't prioritize well. From now on, when these things happen I would say honey, if you go to the movies I will call a plumber as I don't want to be without water.

Lay it on the table. If he is clueless to why you are upset he evidently needs to be told exactly what is priority to you and what is not and what will happen should it not be a priority for him.

Sometimes we just gotta say it, my dh doesn't think like I do. So, I can't beat around the bush or hope he will do something because he might know its important to me. I have to just spell it out. It has made the arguments fewer, trust me.

Kelly
Old 11-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yea, it would be time for a "sit down" for sure.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
WowLookAtThat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post
I have to wonder if this might have something to do with, perhaps, pleasing his parents is more important to him than his wife, his home, his children??? Just wondering!
ok....I don't understand what his parents have to do with this? He broke the shower and didn't think it was such a big deal. There isn't any "pleasing" that enters into this. He had plans with his parents and probably thought that the water thing didn't need to be addressed that fast. There probably isn't an inside, deeper motive for what he did besides being lazy.
WowLookAtThat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: