Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #721
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Brenda, love your review of Plaza. As you know, it is always our last meal of the trip, and will continue to be so.

Your burger and fries are making me drool. The Plaza simply has the best french fries in all of Disney in my opinion.

And love those potato chips too.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #722
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Loved your review of CP and how fun to have another unexpected Dismeet! We've had ADR's for CP many times but have always had to cancel for various reasons. I'm determined to get there next time!

We love the Plaza as well although we haven't gone in a while. Your burgers are certainly drool-worthy and are making me think a return visit is in order.

Thanks for two more wonderful reviews!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #723
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Breakfast at CP looks great! I'm a big fan of the burgers at The Plaza - so tasty!

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #724
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

We are trying The Plaza for the first time this upcoming trip. I figure it was a good option as it could be a lighter lunch one day.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #725
Alysa
DIS Veteran

All caught up!
Eek! A rat! This definitely made me remove the Brown Derby from our list of possibles. Nice of the manager to remove the charge though. Glad you had someone nice at the restaurant, sad to hear about the server!

Loved your reviews of Crystal Palace (one of my favourites) and the Plaza (I have such a nice memory from my childhood from here).
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #726
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your reviews. I am mostly a lurker since it has been over a year since our last trip and a few years until our next...but I just wanted to say that I love your reviews. Also, I am jealous that you are so close to Disneyland- the only thing I miss about living in SoCal. Also, thank your son (and your whole family) for his service to our country.

I had to comment b/c I couldn't believe that anyone would doubt your rat story!
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #727
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
We love the Plaza for all of the reasons you describe above. For a burger (or sandwich) and fries in a glorious setting, a respite from the hubbub of Magic Kingdom, it is a great deal for in-park dining.

I was disappointed with dessert last time we ate there - it was apple charlotte and it had that 'reheated in the microwave' taste. The giveaway was how incredibly piping hot it was. Still, it wouldn't put me off eating there again. I would love to try one of those banana splits
Hi Joh! You were putting me to shame with all of your updates so I had to get moving!

You have a good point. With our TiW card it really isn't much more expensive to dine at Plaza Restaurant than some other CS places. I like when the Mayor arrives and selects an honorary family - he was on vacation most of our last trip so we only saw him once I believe. So funny to think of these major characters taking vacations and not being at the greatest vacation spot in the world!!

Uhhh not sure I would be so happy with a re-heated desert! I suppose that's why you can't go wrong with ice-cream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I really love The Plaza! Haven't tried the burger though ... it looked great! We were supposed to eat there the night we were "lucky" enough to get into BOG. Your review (and hindsight!) make me wish that we had!

Can't wait for AP!
Vicki I hope you are feeling better. I just read your BOG dinner review! So sorry that it wasn't good or even mediocre. Ick. At least you can say that you ate there before FLE opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
Plaza is my favorite place to eat in Magic Kingdom. It is an ADR's for the trip in February and a great value. It's excellent food at a better value than Counter Service. Glad you really enjoyed that place.
Hi there! I so agree with you! Such great, simple, tasty food for a relatively quick meal in an air conditioned restaurant. (At least in the summer that is a welcome relief!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Brenda, love your review of Plaza. As you know, it is always our last meal of the trip, and will continue to be so.

Your burger and fries are making me drool. The Plaza simply has the best french fries in all of Disney in my opinion.

Kathy I did remember that Plaza Restaurant is your final meal at WDW. That makes it sentimental favorite I suppose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Loved your review of CP and how fun to have another unexpected Dismeet! We've had ADR's for CP many times but have always had to cancel for various reasons. I'm determined to get there next time!

We love the Plaza as well although we haven't gone in a while. Your burgers are certainly drool-worthy and are making me think a return visit is in order.

Thanks for two more wonderful reviews!
Hi Carol! I'm still amazed by your LTT experience - what a wonderful job Caitlyn did!

Yes, the burgers were good - and the fries!

Thanks for continuing to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Breakfast at CP looks great! I'm a big fan of the burgers at The Plaza - so tasty!
Hi littlestinkerbelle! There's so many great choices at CP! I may have to skip it a time or two since my family is not a CP fan! And yes, such tasty fresh cooked to order burgers are so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
We are trying The Plaza for the first time this upcoming trip. I figure it was a good option as it could be a lighter lunch one day.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hi Debra! I hope you have an awesome meal at Plaza Restaurant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
All caught up! Enjoy your trip!
Eek! A rat! This definitely made me remove the Brown Derby from our list of possibles. Nice of the manager to remove the charge though. Glad you had someone nice at the restaurant, sad to hear about the server!

Loved your reviews of Crystal Palace (one of my favourites) and the Plaza (I have such a nice memory from my childhood from here).
Hi Alyssa. The poor manager... the super sweet bartender... the rude server... we kinda had a mix of all types there! Sorry you removed this as a possibility. I'm determined to go back and have this place redeem our experience!!

Awwww.... glad you have special memories of Plaza Restaurant... makes it tht much sweeter when you visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Thanks for your reviews. I am mostly a lurker since it has been over a year since our last trip and a few years until our next...but I just wanted to say that I love your reviews. Also, I am jealous that you are so close to Disneyland- the only thing I miss about living in SoCal. Also, thank your son (and your whole family) for his service to our country.

I had to comment b/c I couldn't believe that anyone would doubt your rat story!
Hi smiths02 - thank you so much for reading and commenting! Thank you even more for your kind comments! We are blessed to live so close to DL - it is still magical for us! Where did you live in So. CA?? You certainly are a lot closer to WDW now!

Thanks again!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #728
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I'm also a big fan of the Plaza Brenda
They do a really great veggie burger (don't think it's listed on the menu) and the fries are just wonderful
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #729
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Great Plaza review! Sometimes there is nothing better than a good burger & fries!! And you are so good at turning down dessert when you are full. I tend to just stuff myself and then feel miserable!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #730
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

I have been told I am a french fry snob. And maybe I am but the fries at Plaza are soooo good. Now that they serve those yummy chips we make sure DH gets one and I get the other. I want some of each!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #731
Roma
Mouseketeer

I absolutely love the Plaza too, Brenda. Although my opinion may be slightly biased because it's one of the few restaurants I've been able to to eat at on a walk-up .

I also agree with everyone else who said that the Plaza fries are ridiculously good. I don't know what they do to them but they need to keep doing it.

I've never tried the burger there but I can tell my DH would love it.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #732
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I'm also a big fan of the Plaza Brenda
They do a really great veggie burger (don't think it's listed on the menu) and the fries are just wonderful
mmmmm... love the fries too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Great Plaza review! Sometimes there is nothing better than a good burger & fries!! And you are so good at turning down dessert when you are full. I tend to just stuff myself and then feel miserable!
I love desserts but I have my limits sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
I have been told I am a french fry snob. And maybe I am but the fries at Plaza are soooo good. Now that they serve those yummy chips we make sure DH gets one and I get the other. I want some of each!!
Ahhhh another fan of Plaza's fries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I absolutely love the Plaza too, Brenda. Although my opinion may be slightly biased because it's one of the few restaurants I've been able to to eat at on a walk-up .

I also agree with everyone else who said that the Plaza fries are ridiculously good. I don't know what they do to them but they need to keep doing it.

I've never tried the burger there but I can tell my DH would love it.
They must put some special magical ingredient in their fries.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #733
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Dismeet with Smile4stamps!!

I interrupt this dining review to bring you this special Dismeet!
I had the pleasure of meeting up with Smile4stamps (Paula) last night to enjoy the Holiday fireworks show and dinner at DTD! I was excited to see that she was going to be at DLR for a short trip and had contacted me to meet up.

I have to say that Paula really looked great for being up nearly 24 hrs at this point!

Paula, Emily, & Brenda

Dinner was at Naples Ristorante e Pizzaria (that name sounds made up but I double checked!) Michael and Em were with me so they got to meet Paula as well.

Sorry for the poor food photo quality, most photos were from my phone or Em's phone since my camera battery died.

We started with sourdough bread with olive oil and balsamic:

I took the photo a little too late to get the smiley face... it had morphed into something unrecognizable at this point.

Paula ordered an entire pizza for herself! Just kidding.. we shared this margherita pizza:

Pizza:

Em and Michael both had chicken parmesan:

I had candele pasta which was VERY good:

Loved the evening with Paula!!

Note: Darn! I have to go to Vegas again for business tomorrow so I will post my Artist Point review hopefully on Friday.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #734
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

How great that you go to meet up! I am so jealous!

Is that the same people that own Via Napoli? I think I had read that some place?

Enjoy Vegas!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:42 AM   #735
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Yay, another DIS meet

So cool that you guys could meet up, the pizza looks yummy

Have a great time in Vegas Brenda - remember, don't put everything on Red
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: