Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #496
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napria
Well, I posted this on the Poly thread, but no one answered...

As I sit by my fireplace, happy to have the chill in the air today replaced by its warmth, and dreaming of our trip in about 7 1/2 months, I'm wondering how unbearable the heat & humidity will be mid July? We are planning only 1/2 day in MK; the rest of the time will be spent at the Pool (planning on getting a cabana), in the CL lounge and at restaurants.

We've never gone to WDW in July, but it's been pretty brutally hot in June. The question is, will it be worse in July?

Thanks.
Unfortunately, yes! July and August are brutal, usually September too. We don't start losing some of the humidity until October. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #497
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Unfortunately, yes! July and August are brutal, usually September too. We don't start losing some of the humidity until October. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I will temper that with....we went in July this year (15th-25th), and it wasn't nearly as bad as we expected. One evening we were even a bit cool sitting at a parade.

Perhaps it was an anomaly. But I think because we expected the equivalent of walking on the suns surface, it turned out to be not so bad.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #498
PrincessShanShan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Has anyone had the opportunity to stay on all 10 club levels? I was counting in my head this morning and I've only experienced 7 so far ... I'm missing Sugarloaf, Atrium, and Tower club. As I mentally pre-plan for spring break I'm thinking I'd like to put another notch on the bedpost so to speak, and I'd love some advice about which one to choose.

THANKS!!

I've stayed at 9. I'm missing Beach Club. Out of all of them, I would rank them as follows:

Best Food: RPC and Sugar Loaf at GF (it's the same) with Poly and WL a close 2nd.

Best View: Tie between Poly and Atrium and Tower Clubs at Contemporary

Most Intimate: Tower Club at Contemporary

Most Exotic Food: Animal Kingdom

Best CM's: Tie between Yacht Club and Contemporary Atrium Club (best CM's I've ever encountered on Disney property were at these two clubs)

Best TV Area in a Club: Boardwalk Inn Keeper's Club

So see, I can find something I like about all of them!! I haven't tried Beach Club yet, but going by the other 9, I'm sure I'll find something I like about it!
Disneymoon Dec. 2006 BWV & Cont. Atrium Club
~December 22~
Living our happily ever after
Old 11-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #499
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napria View Post

As I sit by my fireplace, happy to have the chill in the air today replaced by its warmth, and dreaming of our trip in about 7 1/2 months, I'm wondering how unbearable the heat & humidity will be mid July? We are planning only 1/2 day in MK; the rest of the time will be spent at the Pool (planning on getting a cabana), in the CL lounge and at restaurants.

We've never gone to WDW in July, but it's been pretty brutally hot in June. The question is, will it be worse in July?

Thanks.
I put in my $.02 on the Polynesian thread--it's been fairly quiet with the holidays and I'm sure you will receive other replies when folks catch up.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #500
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napria

Thanks.
While I have not been to actual Disney World in July, I have stayed about 40 minutes north of there in July and it was HOT!

I prefer Arizona in July to Florida.

It was so hot that we didn't spend much time outdoors and even our time in the pool was limited because the water was so warm and the sun was scorching.

Also...from what I remember....2 summer ago....it rained each afternoon for a couple of hours.

We were there visiting family for 10 days and decided we would visit them in the late fall/winter months from now on.

If it was me, I would plan lots of indoor activities and book a cabana for the first half of the day rather than the 2nd half of the day and hit MK as early as possible to avoid as much of the heat as possible, beat the rain and dodge the irritable people in the park.

Hope this helps!

We are leaving for The Poly, Club level 2 weeks from tomorrow.... Can't wait!

Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #501
Napria
It really *is* the Happiest Place!

Thanks for everyone's replies! I hadn't even considered rain @.@

I was going to plan on MK in the evening and the Cabana on the day of checkout in the morning. The CM at the IPO said we could use the lounge that entire day, so I thought we'd check out, store our luggage and swim till noon, grab a bite at Captain Cooks then head home, but if it's too hot we could duck into the lounge for a bit (with proper coverups and shoes on)

Polynesian July 2013 Ft. Wilderness May 2012 Off property March 2012 Ft. Wilderness June 2011 Ft. Wilderness June 2009 Ocala Camping April 2008 Ft. Wilderness January 2007 Tropical Palms RV Resort December 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club Villas December 2003 Wilderness Lodge Villas December 2002 Boardwalk Villas December 2001 Ft. Wilderness February 1981
Old 11-25-2012, 11:44 PM   #502
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post
We are leaving for The Poly, Club level 2 weeks from tomorrow.... Can't wait!
Maybe we'll see ya in the lounge! We're headed to the Poly after spending the weekend at BWI.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #503
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes

Maybe we'll see ya in the lounge! We're headed to the Poly after spending the weekend at BWI.
We will be there each morning for breakfast for certain and most evenings for the fireworks!

Don't be afraid to say HI!

I'll be the one with the 4 year blonde haired, blue eyed little princess!
(And I carry an obnoxiously bright pink, large patent leather purse/bag)

Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #504
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

One week from today I will be at the BWI. Cannot wait to spend my BIG birthday with my children and grandchildren. So blessed that we can do it!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #505
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974

We will be there each morning for breakfast for certain and most evenings for the fireworks!

Don't be afraid to say HI!

I'll be the one with the 4 year blonde haired, blue eyed little princess!
(And I carry an obnoxiously bright pink, large patent leather purse/bag)
I'll have a little brown curly-haired 7 year old Prince Charming (literally! At least for 1900 on Monday evening). I'm the tallest in my signature pics, and I'll be there with my mom, gma and the little prince. Probably be there for breakfast a lot, too. We have a TPV room, so we usually watch fireworks from there but always pop in for sweets.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #506
sfbank
DIS Veteran

KerryCM-Have a great trip! I am jealous
Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #507
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Napria- I LIKE July.

I just posted a LONG answer in another thread about the trade off of different seasons/pricing/crowds/weather. I'm fairly heat tolerant, so I LOVED July. I hate being cold. Ugh! I'll take July over Jan any day!

The bonus of July is that the nights are fantastic! Afternoons are hot, but nights are PERFECT- and you get LONG park hours to enjoy them! After dark the crowds drop off because most folks try to endure the afternoon heat. Pop-up storms also clear the park! Actually, one night this past August, we actually found it cold enough for LONG pants! Luckily we had some! so it's not always hot. Daytime highs do typically go up to about 90.

In April, we are 9am to midnight in the park folks. In Summer, the key to enjoying yourself is to take an afternoon break. (2pm-4:30pm at a minimum) It also helps greatly to take advantage of early mornings.

And that's where club level is IDEAL. The IDEAL way to take advantage of club level is to BE IN THE LOUNGE at 5pm. Luckily, that also happens to be what we call, 'thunderstorm o'clock' in my family. While the masses are getting soggy/melty, YOU are sipping chardonnay and eating lobster salad. It's almost evil how well it works. Staying club level also means that you are at the resorts with the best park transportation! So you can stay late at MK, knowing your resort is a short monorail ride away.

Though...I should confess...of all the club level resorts...Poly has, IMO, a significant convenience flaw come July- you have to go outdoors and out from under cover to do almost anything. At CR- you can go from your room to almost all monorail restaurants/shopping without getting rained upon/sun exposure/sweaty. In July, getting to/from Poly CL means trudging out in the heat/rain. If you are dressed for a nice dinner, it's a bummer. If the weather is nice, then walking outdoors is great, it's only when the weather is marginal that Poly's layout is a bit of an issue. Otherwise the place is fabulous, and you get the big advantage of being next door to the TTC. All food at Poly is among the very best: CL, dining, even the QS.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #508
houstonmama
Mouseketeer

In just 11 short days we'll be checking into GF CL RPC!! We will be staying there 5 nights and then switching to AKL CL for the last 3 nights of our stay. I'm a little worried about our AKL stay because of the distance (I have a 3 yr. old and 14 month old) but my DD4 LOVES animals so we're going to tough it out . We were originally staying GF CL SL because being a newbie I was unaware of how the pin codes worked but Disney fixed it for me and allowed me to stay RPC!!! Everything I have read about Disney's great customer service has been spot on!!

So for my room request I asked for a view of the FW. My children are very early risers, great for RD, but they go to sleep very early, bad for FW. I understand those rooms are premium so more than likely my request won't be granted. Should I put in a second option? I can see from the maps that the main building is a U. The rooms facing MK are in the north part of the U? Sorry, I'm not good with maps! Can you see the beach pool area from the main building? I'd like to avoid the construction if possible. What do the experts think?

Thanks!!

Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #509
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

I haven't been posting on this thread, but I subscribe to daily emails and have read them (okay, most of them, lol!). I just want to say how excited I am to be staying at YC CL in just THREE days! EEEE!!!!

I've been emailing back and forth with IPO this week because we had some last minute ADR changes, and Gloria at the YC IPO has been fantastic--found us Rose & Crown ressies next week that even my (awesome) travel agent couldn't find. LOVE the perks of club level!!

Thank you all for this great thread and all the great information! Can't wait to be whisked upstairs to the fifth floor on Saturday.

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 12-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #510
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Has anyone recently stayed club level at Poly?

We are leaving in 5 days and would love any reviews, opinions, names of outstanding CM's we should keep an eye out for, etc.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: