Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #2176
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I think it would be great if they returned the Mickey Mouse and Stravinsky sculpture to the Contemporary lobby. I was told that the sculpture had been moved to the Animation Tour at DHS but I've never been able to find it there.
I've done that animation tour many times and I've definitely never seen that statue! I hope it does return.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #2177
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Three dates - Three hours...

On select dates in November and December 2012, Disney Vacation Club members are eligible for free admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach after 2 p.m. Eligible dates are: Thursday, November 29; Thursday, December 6; Thursday, December 13. A DVC member ID card must be presented at the park gate. Free admission is provided to the cardholder and up to four guests. Advance registration is not available. Additionally, free refreshments will be provided to attendees at the park's Lottawatta Lounge. Note that the park is scheduled to close at 5 p.m. on the listed dates.

From the latest AllEars newsletter.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #2178
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Smile Gobble, Gobble...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all our wonderful CR/BLT posters (and lurkers, t)!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #2179
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I think it would be great if they returned the Mickey Mouse and Stravinsky sculpture to the Contemporary lobby. I was told that the sculpture had been moved to the Animation Tour at DHS but I've never been able to find it there.
The sculpture is Mickey and Leopold Stokowski not Igor Stravinsky. Stokowski was the conductor of the Philadelphia Orchestra when Fantasia was made. The sculpture is from the scene in the movie when Mickey shakes Stokowski's hand.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #2180
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
The sculpture is Mickey and Leopold Stokowski not Igor Stravinsky. Stokowski was the conductor of the Philadelphia Orchestra when Fantasia was made. The sculpture is from the scene in the movie when Mickey shakes Stokowski's hand.
Yes, that's right. I confused the two. Stravinsky composed "The Rite of Spring" which was used as one of the musical segments in Fantasia.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #2181
WDWKOOK

Now through 12/31/12, Annual Passholders can get a free parasail photo package:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/pa...om%29#parasail
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #2182
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Well to my surprise an atrium CL room opened up with the AP rate for next weekend. We had a BLV booked and also the Wishes dessert Party, so we decided to give up the dessert party and book the CL room and watch the fireworks from the lounge my already perfect weekend trip just got better!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #2183
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Well to my surprise an atrium CL room opened up with the AP rate for next weekend. We had a BLV booked and also the Wishes dessert Party, so we decided to give up the dessert party and book the CL room and watch the fireworks from the lounge my already perfect weekend trip just got better!!!!!

Excellent, enjoy!! I would have made the same choice.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #2184
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Excellent! Please let us know what you thought of the Atrium Club, Melissa
Old 11-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #2185
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac

Excellent, enjoy!! I would have made the same choice.
I am so excited for this! I couldn't justify CL for our recent trips to YC or WL, but this one seemed to make sense

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #2186
KingdomHeartsFan
DIS Veteran

Hi guys. I need some quick help. Can anyone tell me exactly where the meeting room "Atlantic A" is located and how to get there from the monorail stop? I assume it is in the convention center but I am not sure how to get over there.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #2187
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsFan View Post
Hi guys. I need some quick help. Can anyone tell me exactly where the meeting room "Atlantic A" is located and how to get there from the monorail stop? I assume it is in the convention center but I am not sure how to get over there.
The Atlantic Room is located on the 2nd floor. Get off the monorail and proceed down the escalator to the 4th floor Concourse. Turn to your right and take the escalator near the Outer Rim and Chef Mickey's. The Atlantic Room is somewhere on this level which is called The Americas Level where you would also check-in for CA Grill.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #2188
KingdomHeartsFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
The Atlantic Room is located on the 2nd floor. Get off the monorail and proceed down the escalator to the 4th floor Concourse. Turn to your right and take the escalator near the Outer Rim and Chef Mickey's. The Atlantic Room is somewhere on this level which is called The Americas Level where you would also check-in for CA Grill.
Thank you so much for your help! You are awesome!

Old 11-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #2189
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsFan View Post
Thank you so much for your help! You are awesome!
You're welcome and I hope you have a great reunion. Where is everyone staying and what is a TODAY reunion?
Old 11-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #2190
KingdomHeartsFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
You're welcome and I hope you have a great reunion. Where is everyone staying and what is a TODAY reunion?
I am attending a yearly event known as "Reunion" that is for fans of the Disney podcast "WDW Today". This year it runs from November 29 to December 2. I will be staying at Pop, but the check-in for the event is at the Contemporary. I am so excited!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: