Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Unhappy Navigating WDW in a cam walking boot?

I've been in a cam walking boot for almost four months due to multiple stress fractures in my right foot. 90% of the time when I wear it I'm at work where I am able to sit, although I do wear it outside of work when possible (it's my driving foot so I have to make due when I'm forced to drive, but I've worn it to weddings and even a funeral). I've been going to a podiatrists for this since July but even with rest and other treatments my foot still isn't healing as fast as the doctor would like.

DH and I are headed to WDW in 10 days and I'm worried about how I'll cope wearing the boot, it's heavy and uncomfortable but I don't want to use a wheelchair or ECV if I can help it (it's not something we've really budgeted for). But if I just wear my tennis shoes with my orthodics I'm afraid I'll do more harm. I have another appointment this week and will be talking with the doctor about what she recommends and of course will take into account what she says. I was just hoping to get some advice for anyone who's had experience wearing one of these at WDW. I really hoped that I'd be healed by now but I guess not

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: