Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #31
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

My daughter and I will be on this cruise. It will be our first cruise and there is so much to plan before May. I am planning this as a surprise for her as I will be starting a MSW program two days after we return and I wanted some good quality time before life completely changes for us... Looking forward to some fun in the sun
Old 11-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #32
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarsh View Post
My daughter and I will be on this cruise. It will be our first cruise and there is so much to plan before May. I am planning this as a surprise for her as I will be starting a MSW program two days after we return and I wanted some good quality time before life completely changes for us... Looking forward to some fun in the sun
Hi Welcome, This board is really quiet right now, really excited to see someone new join us! I will be traveling with my daughter, SIL, and two Grand children. I am afraid I am more of the Disney fan then they are. This is their Christmas present from me. I have been on several cruises but will be my first Disney! Annette

Oh, I forgot to ask : Where are you from - My family is from Virginia. Definitely looking for some fun in the sun!

Last edited by anamanxs; 11-25-2012 at 01:56 PM.
anamanxs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #33
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm just hoping i can keep it a secret for 5 months..,
Old 11-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #34
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamanxs

Hi Welcome, This board is really quiet right now, really excited to see someone new join us! I will be traveling with my daughter, SIL, and two Grand children. I am afraid I am more of the Disney fan then they are. This is their Christmas present from me. I have been on several cruises but will be my first Disney! Annette

Oh, I forgot to ask : Where are you from - My family is from Virginia. Definitely looking for some fun in the sun!
We are from California.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #35
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm just hoping i can keep it a secret for 5 months..,
Wow, that is a long time, we are telling my grandchildren Christmas but it will be hard for my GS to wait he is only 5. My GD will not understand, she is only a year now , she will be only 19 months. My GS has been on one other ship when he was 2 1/2 and he loved it. we went to Alaska. He keeps asking when we are going on another big ship.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #36
jennyjones78
Earning My Ears

Welcome! We are so happy to see new people on this thread. We were starting to wonder if anyone would be joining us!
I will be on the cruise along with my two boys, we will be celebrating their birthdays.
I wish i could hold a secret for 5 months but there is no way!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #37
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjones78
What a perfect Christmas present!!! I can't keep my mouth closed for that long! This will be our first cruise and we will be doing two days at DW before the cruise. Will you be doing the fish extender? I am looking forward to someone that is experienced with Disney cruises to get some info on how they do things.
Hi Jennifer, my name is Janet and I'm totally interested in doing the fish extender? I have never gone on a Disney Cruise but have been doing a lot of research and would love to do this....
Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #38
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessmouse
Not much activity on this thread yet.

If all goes well, we'll be on this cruise. It will be our 4th cruise, first time on the Dream
Have you ever participated in the fish extender?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #39
anamanxs
Mouseketeer

Fe

Quote:
Have you ever participated in the fish extender?
I have never done a Disney Cruise but borrowed the idea and did one something like it on my group cruise on another cruise company and we had about 15 cabins participating and we had a lot of FUN!

We did Booty bags and based them on Pirate's treasure. I made treasure map to the participating cabins, it was a 7 day cruise. It was so exciting to come back to the cabin and find a goody there. Some cabins left recipes from their home state, or a little token from their state/country. I have some of the goodies in my scrapbook collection if I ever start working on my cruise pages.

Also, there is a FB group that has a lot of great ideas. I am definitely in, so we are up to 3/4 cabins.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #40
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

I am so excited to be doing the fish extender. I have already started to plan what gifts I want to get/make.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #41
jennyjones78
Earning My Ears

Hi Janet, it is nice to meet you! This is going to be our first cruise as well. So i am like you guys all new to this. I have joined a group on facebook that has really been helpful here is the link....
I ordered my FE from Magical Dreams Boutique, you can find her on facebook as well. She completely customized ours, i just told her what i was looking for and she did such a wonderful job, she also makes the autograph pillow cases.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #42
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjones78
Hi Janet, it is nice to meet you! This is going to be our first cruise as well. So i am like you guys all new to this. I have joined a group on facebook that has really been helpful here is the link....
I ordered my FE from Magical Dreams Boutique, you can find her on facebook as well. She completely customized ours, i just told her what i was looking for and she did such a wonderful job, she also makes the autograph pillow cases.
Thank you Jennifer, it is nice to meet you too. I have a co-worker who is making my FE. We are having so much fun designing it together. I don't know if you have Pinterest but there are some great ideas for gifts. I
Old 11-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #43
jennyjones78
Earning My Ears

I looked into making my FE but i can't sew to save my life!! Not sure i could find the time either between work and the kids.
I do have Pinterest. I have a few Disney boards and Fish Extender boards as well. Here is my link. http://pinterest.com/jdmonroe/
Old 11-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #44
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Just Booked!

It is official, my daughter and I will be joining you all for this fabulous cruise. She has no idea that we are going on a cruise and I can barely hold it in. Wish me luck that I can keep is a secret for the next 5 months...
Old 11-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #45
jennyjones78
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarsh
It is official, my daughter and I will be joining you all for this fabulous cruise. She has no idea that we are going on a cruise and I can barely hold it in. Wish me luck that I can keep is a secret for the next 5 months...
That's wonderful!! What deck will you be on? We are on deck 8 room 8684. I don't know how you can keep it a secret, I have a big mouth!!! How old is your daughter? My boys are ages 14 and 2. All of us mommies and grandma's will need to get together at some point on the cruise so we will be able to put names to faces.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: