Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

Value

Im seriously thinking value. I keep going back and forth in my mind. We are park commandos, so we are not in the room much. We stay together as a family, even though some of the kids are older. I love how nice the villas are but, I just cant make myself spend that much if Im not able to use my timeshare to rent it. (even renting points is $$$) Since I got airfare so late and this wasnt planned there just wasnt the availability that I had last time we visited the world. The thought of renting a car and paying for parking everywhere....not to mention getting around by ourselves... just does not seem worth the trouble?!

Im going to have to go over to the value resort threads and start researching, I guess?!

Is getting around horrible while in a rental car or just something that you know once youve done it? Is there no shuttle provided other than Disney when you stay on site?
2013 MNSSHP/FAMILY TRIP TO DL
2014 BCV
lifesgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #17
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

We like the value resorts just fine. If you are staying onsite, you won't have to pay to park a rental car anywhere on Disney property unless you use a valet service somewhere. If you don't want to rent a car, you can use Disney transportation to get where you want togo on property but you would have to make other arrangements if you want to go offsite. There are usually a few cabs waiting near the check in area of the resorts, or the front desk will call one for you. We always drive to WDW and have our car, but we use the buses to and from the parks.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesgr8 View Post
The thought of renting a car and paying for parking everywhere....not to mention getting around by ourselves... just does not seem worth the trouble?!

Im going to have to go over to the value resort threads and start researching, I guess?!

Is getting around horrible while in a rental car or just something that you know once youve done it? Is there no shuttle provided other than Disney when you stay on site?
We almost always rent a car. Paying for parking will be a PITB @ $14 per day, no doubt. But, Vistana is pretty close to WDW and only about 15-20 minute drive.

This is your second trip in a year. Do you think you may be booking another trip before mid Jan 2013? It may be worth your while to purchase at least one Annual Pass for (1) discounts on your next trip and (2) free parking for this trip and (3) maybe even the Tables in Wonderland restaurant discount card for both trips (if you are booking Table Service meals).
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #19
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
We almost always rent a car. Paying for parking will be a PITB @ $14 per day, no doubt. But, Vistana is pretty close to WDW and only about 15-20 minute drive.

This is your second trip in a year. Do you think you may be booking another trip before mid Jan 2013? It may be worth your while to purchase at least one Annual Pass for (1) discounts on your next trip and (2) free parking for this trip and (3) maybe even the Tables in Wonderland restaurant discount card for both trips (if you are booking Table Service meals).
Interesting thought season passes I have not thought about factoring that in we would have to get a season pass for Disneyland/world because we will be going to DL
2014 BCV
Old 11-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #20
melissac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
my oldest is 17 youngest is 4. I thought about doing the AoA and getting a family suite but, then I thought that I would not be able to get all of us on the bus to and from the airport because they send the vouchers for each person?

Renting points wont bring the villa down very much would it?
I have never rented points but have rented out points. Depending on where you want to stay renting points can be much cheaper. Example: 2 BR SSR for a week(sat-sat) in January would be about 2,200. Seems like a lot but 2 rooms during the same time at a value would be about 1,800. More but depending on your budget maybe much better.

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #21
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

price

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac View Post
I have never rented points but have rented out points. Depending on where you want to stay renting points can be much cheaper. Example: 2 BR SSR for a week(sat-sat) in January would be about 2,200. Seems like a lot but 2 rooms during the same time at a value would be about 1,800. More but depending on your budget maybe much better.
The best I found was $2868 for rent that week. Usually the people offering points cheaper dont have that many left? (or I might be completely wrong) Maybe you rent out much cheaper than most. I found 2 rooms at pop for $1458.... yes I would love any villa but since I am on the west coast, I need to keep costs low so I can come back more
2014 BCV
Old 11-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #22
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Quote:
Last time we came to WDW we used our timeshare to stay at BCV. It was awesome. I am planning a last minute trip for January.

I am assuming that nothing is going to beat our BCV visit other than maybe a different villa?!

I am debating staying offsite using the timeshare or using the room only discount to stay at a value. There are 7 of us (2 parents, 5 kids) So we would have to pay for 2 rooms, at the value resorts. The cost of the villa out of pocket is way more than I want to pay. If I stay offsite I will have the issue of renting a car/gas and trying to find my way around.

I realize this is a heated question but, any input? Pay for 2 rooms at the value and not use timeshare/rent car etc. OR use timeshare & have rental car expense... not room expense.

And if I look on Disney.com for my room only discount....how do I know if it is at a discounted rate? I also am a Disney visa card holder and AAA member are there room only discounts for them that would make this decision easier?
Try WLV. WL is a truly fantatsic place to stay. very close to MK (short boat ride). Great pool, great places to eat. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
HMANSION LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #23
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Bonnet Creek does have a free shuttle service to the parks.

We have stayed onsite every trip so far, but we are staying at Bonnet Creek for the next trip. The price, location, space, kitchen, and washer/dryer did it for me!

Good luck!

Nov 2009 - POR
Jan 2012 - CBR
June 2013 - CSR
November 2014 - Pop

WDW is my happy place!
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #24
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

Another vote for the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. As others have noted, you would probably be more comfortable in a place like that where you'll have space for everyone and room to spread out. WBC also has pretty extensive transportation to and from the parks, so it would give your group the flexibility to come and go at different times. With a little research and possibly using some discount codes (check the Mousesavers site), you might be able to bring the price of the rental car down. Getting around will be very easy, since WBC is actually contained within Disney property, so it's close to everything, and the roads are very well marked to direct you anywhere you need to go.
jaysmom4285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #25
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

??

Does bonnet creek have airport shuttle?
2014 BCV
Old 11-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #26
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

Wlv

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMANSION LOVER View Post
Try WLV. WL is a truly fantatsic place to stay. very close to MK (short boat ride). Great pool, great places to eat. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.
Help I don't know all the acronyms ... Wlv??
2014 BCV
Old 11-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Help I don't know all the acronyms ... Wlv??
Probably Wilderness Lodge Villas
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #28
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

pop

I had decided to stay at pop. DH is down there for business and was driving around. After seeing port orleans... he wants me to change to there. mmmmm... now I have more research to do
2014 BCV

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: