Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Elf on the Shelf Antics?

Hi!

I figured it was about time to start the obligatory Elf on the Shelf thread for the year. Otto arrived today and the kids are already wondering what he'll be up to this year. Frankly, so am I...........

What mischief has your elf gotten in to?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
DeaverTex
Smelling like a horse doesn't make you a cavalryman
I'd wear a pair. I might even be able to get Mrs. Tex to wear some
I need to provide sufficient background in every post to make sense

I had to google this to find out what it was. (I'd been wondering for over a year.) What kind of antics can an elf whose only job is espionage get up to?

7-10 October 2012 - POR
Nothing else planned right now.

I've been BOO'ED!!!
DeaverTex is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good

Otto likes to torment the dog. Like hiding his food, or putting his water dish up high.

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
Old 11-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

One of my students said her Elf had TP'd her dad's prize trophy deer.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

There was a link on Pinterest with a whole boatload of fun things that peoples elves had gotten into. I can't wait to try some this year!

Last night our Elfred McGingersnap partied pretty hard with the Monster High girls and a bottle of syrup!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
TXinmyheart
Mouseketeer

In past years, Noe (no "L") built an elaborate zipline from the second story balcony to the breakfast room chandelier, made a flour angel, took a bubble bath with peanut bubbles, helped wrap presents (leaving wrapping paper hither and yon) and been found watching Skin-emax movies.
TXinmyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
Nolcrest
DIS Veteran

Just watched the Elf on the Shelf DVD recently. Very cute movie. Wish this was out when my kids were little. The only thought I have is why would the elf get into mischief if his purpose is to come down to visit the children so he could give a report to Santa? I wouldn't want my elf to get into mischief if I expected my kids to behave. I guess my elf would have been a boring one. But then again maybe I don't really understand the premise. I'll need to read the book too.

These elves sound more like leprechauns too me.

Last edited by Nolcrest; 11-24-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Nolcrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

One of my friends shares her elf antics on Facebook. Last night the elf arrived and was sleeping in the kids' bathroom tissue box with tissues as a pillow and sheet. The elf likes to write on the mirror with toothpaste. The elf uses dad's shaving cream. He leaves marshmallow word messages around the house. He makes snow angels with sugar on the table. He rides with Barbie in her car. Her twins love this elf. They are 10 years old now and still look forward to it.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good

These are great!!! I'm going to check out the Pinterest board for sure.....

Last night my oldest was playing with my DD8's mini flying helicopter. It landed in a sink full of dishes and quickly sank into the water. We grabbed it, turned it off, shook what we could out of it, and buried it in rice in the stock pot. Otto is also in the stock pot this morning, we'll see if they notice......

Old 11-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Saw a friend had her Elf playing Uno with two other stuffed animals
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Our elf doesn't cause much trouble. He brings the ingredients to make monkey bread, decorated the kitchen, will bring some candy. He doesn't do anything that cause me a lot of trouble lol.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
emer95
DIS Veteran

My kids are way too old for this (almost 14 and 12) but I'm doing it anyway! I just ordered it on BF from Target. I absolutely love the ideas people put on Facebook and Pinterest. Some of the ideas I'm stealing are spilling red & green M&Ms on the table, and spelling out "Be Good." I love the flour snow angel idea, and my cousin this morning posted her elf drawing all over her wedding picture with a dry erase marker. It gave her a tattoo and a black eye. He also pasted a picture of himself over all of the kids' pictures. My girls are going to think their mom is a crazy nut, but I'm hoping they get a kick out of it.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

My daughter is 13 and insisted we get it this year. My 11 year old son was like are you kidding?? We're too old for that!

Guess who thinks its hysterical and can't get enough of the Elf's antics? Yup, my too cool son.

Never too old!

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
Kat77
Now if I could just remember how to spell and how not to write in run on sentences....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95 View Post
My kids are way too old for this (almost 14 and 12) but I'm doing it anyway! I just ordered it on BF from Target. I absolutely love the ideas people put on Facebook and Pinterest. Some of the ideas I'm stealing are spilling red & green M&Ms on the table, and spelling out "Be Good." I love the flour snow angel idea, and my cousin this morning posted her elf drawing all over her wedding picture with a dry erase marker. It gave her a tattoo and a black eye. He also pasted a picture of himself over all of the kids' pictures. My girls are going to think their mom is a crazy nut, but I'm hoping they get a kick out of it.
No worries. Mine are those ages. They are too old to believe but they still look forward to their elves visiting. Who doesn't enjoy a little mischief?
Old 11-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
joyah
living on the funny farm

Mine are 12 and 14 too. they just asked today when he'd be arriving their father answered I thought you didn't believe in santa anymore so why would Ernie need to come back? Both yelled cause we want to see what kind of trouble he'll get into this year. there is NO WAY mom would let that normally happen. So I guess I'd better dig out Ernie (the elf) Elmo (the reindeer) the snowman who came for fun last year if I can remember his name and their pickup........ I was so not planning on this this year. Oh well maybe it will get me in the spirit.

On the night of my youngest's bday 2 years ago they christmas papered his bedroom door and had a snowball fight in the hallway 300 cotton balls. the 10 year old boys loved it and proceeded to have another snowball fight with the balls in the living room.

joyah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: