Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #16
sue
love my DVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by castawaycayfans View Post
Where on deck 6? We are all the way forward and I was trying to figure this out.
We were in stateroom 6578 starboard side of the ship and if I was coming out of our room, I took a right and went clear down the side of the ship (forward) so the front of the ship. It took me a couple of minutes to walk it. Sorry, I don't recall the number of the stateroom near it, all I recall is that I had to take a left at the end of the hallway, so I am assuming it was in the very front of the ship ( like under where the bridge would be, only on deck 6). Nice BIG laundry room.
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08, Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy Western 11/12, Bay Lake and Disney Fantasy Eastern 10/14
sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
castawaycayfans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
We were in stateroom 6578 starboard side of the ship and if I was coming out of our room, I took a right and went clear down the side of the ship (forward) so the front of the ship. It took me a couple of minutes to walk it. Sorry, I don't recall the number of the stateroom near it, all I recall is that I had to take a left at the end of the hallway, so I am assuming it was in the very front of the ship ( like under where the bridge would be, only on deck 6). Nice BIG laundry room.
THANKS!!! New to the Fantasy and trying to figure out where everything is located. We are used to the Magic and Wonder.
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #18
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info!

I was surprised about the curling irons. I will think twice now about bringing mine!
TLLCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #19
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLCanada
Thanks for the info!

I was surprised about the curling irons. I will think twice now about bringing mine!
I don't think you need to worry about it yet. I bring my curling iron and flat iron and it hasn't been an issue in any way. I just sailed in October on the Fantasy.

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #20
tastefullyjenn
Mouseketeer

I did a load of laundry on the fantasy earlier this month and there was one of six washer/dryers going at the time. Did notice the iron/ironing board. Beautiful nice laundry room. Took a while to figure the machines out--you need to really make sure the door latch to get the machines to "activate" everything is put on your room key--iron's were free looked like.
tastefullyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #21
kriswin1
Earning My Ears

ok. did not know there were washer and dryers. we need change? do you bring your own laundry soap?
kriswin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #22
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriswin1
ok. did not know there were washer and dryers. we need change? do you bring your own laundry soap?
You can bring your own or buy it for $1 a box. We use Tide pods at home so we brought a few with us. The machines are $2 each and take your KTTW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: