Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
BraveLittleToaster2
Mouseketeer

Kidani Village Question - lock off

We have stayed at Kidani before and had a 1 bedroom villa. We are doing the same this time.

Another hotel we stayed at in the past was a lock off and the noise from the room next door was horrible!! We couldn't sleep and it sounded like they were in our room it was so loud.

Last time at Kidani we didn't have this problem, however, it was slow January so I'm assuming we just didn't have neighbors. Do you know if the resorts try to spread people out??

Anyone have experiences with noisy neighbors due to lock off in Kidani?

Most Recent Trips
04/2002 POR
08/2005 AKL
08/2008 AKL
08/2009 POFQ
01/2011 Kidani

12/2012
Kidani
01/2015 VWL

Last edited by BraveLittleToaster2; 11-24-2012 at 08:00 PM.
BraveLittleToaster2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
bcrook
DIS Veteran

I have only stayed in two bedroom units, and I have not heard any neighbors. If you ask to be down by the pembe savannah, I think it is the least requested area. It is far from the lobby and the farthest from Jambo house. I know people complain about the distance, but I think it is peaceful, and I like the okapis which can only be found at that end.

I also have a studio reserved for June, I guess I will see if it is bad then.

Good luck
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities

Last edited by bcrook; 11-25-2012 at 11:50 AM.
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 01:51 AM   #3
fall08CP
Cheesehead

The resorts don't ever purposely spread guests out. It's faster for the housekeepers to do one hallway with consecutive occupied rooms as opposed to scattered rooms and floors. The most popular request is low floor near elevator, so you may be more solitary if you request high floor down the hall. If you know the resort is less than full and you are having noise issues, you can always ask to be moved
Old 11-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

We've stayed in the one bedroom portion of a lock off as well as the studio portion of a lock-off. I didn't find the noise to be any worse than a standard room. There are two doors between the rooms so that acts as a pretty decent buffer. If you have noisy neighbors you'll hear them regardless of if you are in a lock-off or a standard room.

Like others have said, I doubt that the resort tries to spread people out but if you are close to the elevators you'll hear more noise than if you are towards the end of a hall. It is a shame that some people lose their common sense and all sense of common courtesy when staying in a hotel or resort. People... don't let your kids run up and down the halls during typical "quiet hours", don't let your kids wrestle on the floor unless you are on the first floor, don't let your kids jump on and off the beds, don't stand out in the hall and have conversations next to your neighbor's door, and use an 'inside' toned down voice during late/early hours.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
SolitaryPhoenix
Mouseketeer

We just stayed in the studio part of a lock-off for a weekend in September in Kidani, and heard no neighbors except the ones out in the hall.
11/04 ~ PC | 10/3-10/8/05 ~ PC | 12/16-12/18/05 ~ CS | 1/27-1/29/06 ~ split PC/CS | 3/3-3/5/06 ~ POR | 9/24-9/30/06 ~ split Swan/POR | 6/6-6/9/07 ~ PC | 6/8-6/14/08 ~ POR ~ DD 1st visit! | 9/12-9/14/08 ~ AKV Jambo ~ 1st DVC! | 12/19-12/21/08 ~ WLV | 5/10-5/14/09 ~ AKV Jambo | 6/5-6/7/09 ~ PC |7/26-7/28/09 ~ OKW with DD | 9/17-9/19/10 ~ AKV Jambo ~ Mom's 75th | 6/24-6/26/11 ~ FW with DD|6/1-6/3/12 ~ FW with DD, nephew + friends | 6/24-6/29/12 ~ AKV Jambo |8/9-8/12/12 ~ FW with DD + friend | 9/21-23/12 ~ AKV ~ first stay at Kidani! | 2/8-2/10/13 ~ PC | 3/2-3/3/13 ~ PC w/ DD + friend | 5/10-5/12/13 ~ CS w/ DD | 9/13 - 9/16/13 ~ AKV-Kidani | 4/4 thru 4/6/14 ~ AKV-Kidani | 6/21-6/22/14 ~ WLV ~ DD and me! | 9/4 thru 9/7/14 ~ 1st Disney Dream cruise!
December 13 thru 14, 2014 ~ AKL ~ aunt/nephew time! | September 4 thru 7, 2015 ~ Disney Dream cruise with the WHOLE family for Mom's 80th birthday!
SolitaryPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP View Post
The resorts don't ever purposely spread guests out. It's faster for the housekeepers to do one hallway with consecutive occupied rooms as opposed to scattered rooms and floors. The most popular request is low floor near elevator, so you may be more solitary if you request high floor down the hall. If you know the resort is less than full and you are having noise issues, you can always ask to be moved
There won't be a lot of empty room for DVC resorts in December. And if the OP asks to be changed she/he will be charged the cleaning fee for the room to move to another if they determine the reason isn't good enough.

What's nice about the newer DVC resorts is that the connecting door from the one bedroom to the studio portion is often near the entrance of the villa instead of in the living room like they did with BWV.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: