Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #106
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Maybe the point of all this racket is to keep the illegal poolhoppers out of the pools???

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #107
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Until the guests who wanted to bring their new infant child with them. Or the guests who are dying to stay there, but they have a 10 yr old and since Disney requires a 10 yr old to buy an "adult" ticket, they should be able to stay there.
Nah, they could enforce the rule. Victoria and Albert's doesn't allow kids under a certain age and Splitsville will be 21 and over after a certain point each night.

If the guest wants to bring their infant child with them, stay at another resort. And there are parents who go to WDW and don't always bring the kids. All Disney has to do is grow a pair and not cave in anytime a guest starts whining.
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #108
CTH3
Mouseketeer

This is a real problem, but I don't think this issue is a "kids/adults" issue at all. We have no kids but also have no objection to kids activities, poolside or anywhere else--that's not the problem.

The problem is simple: VOLUME. Why on earth does the pool activity music have to be so LOUD?

At the WL we could hear it, full blast, in our room (three floors up and not particularly close to the pool) with the balcony door shut tight. There's simply no good reason for the music to be that loud, and it can't possibly be good for the kids who are inches away from the speakers. If it's loud for me, 200 feet away behind a closed door, what must it be doing to their ear drums?

"Kids" does not have to equal "ear-splittingly loud music." In fact, one could argue that for their sake, it shouldn't.

The pool music doesn't need to stop, we just wish they would turn it down to a reasonable level. It's a pool activity--as long as folks in the vicinity of the pool can hear it, that should be loud enough.
CTH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #109
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Wow, I'm with you on this one. I really didn't expect a deluxe resort to have loud rock music at the pool. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and really am not looking forward to something like this. Is this something new that they started at Disney? They don't do that at the BC/YC pool. At least they didn't do it all the times I've been there.
They sure do, do this at Stormalong Bay. I found it annoying but not to the point where I'd complain. I did think some of the music choices for the younger kids parties (in the sandy beach area where little kids tend to play) was not exactly child appropriate it didn't bother us so much that I couldn't enjoy my time at the pool. They had the music and parties at both the sandy beach area and the main volleyball area near the entrance by Beaches and Cream.

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

DisGirl819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #110
kandb
DIS Veteran

I have 3 small children and agree with the OP. I think an hour of activities is enough. Even us parents with small kids, don't want to hear blaring rock music and someone screaming on a microphone in the middle of the day when we are away from the parks trying to "relax". To the people who don't agree with the OP, some of us do want to "relax" while on vacation, we don't want it to be go, go, go, the whole vacation.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: