Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
indiesgirl4ever
DCP Fall 2014

Disney Camera Straps

Hi there! I am looking to get a Cannon Rebel T3 and was wondering about any good disney camera straps. I have already seen Disney's scattered mickey one, and other mickeys i was looking for something a bit different from those. Anyone know of a shop, online store, etsy, that makes some really nice disney camera straps? Thank you! And sorry if this is off topic!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

The only one ive seen (and now own) is the Mickey one from the parks. I haven't seen any others.

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

I have never seen a Disney camera strap that was comfortable. Maybe for a small P & S, but not for a DSLR. If you plan on carrying your camera a lot, either at WDW or other times, I would recommend a better strap. Straps can be personal and you will get many opinions. I just happen to be a Black Rapid proponent. They have a ladies version that I think is called the "Curve". BR's tend to be a little more expensive, but I believe they are worth it. I carry heavy equipment and it allows me to go all day without extreme fatigue. The BR's are cross body straps except when you get into the double strap configurations.
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianna'sPapa View Post
I have never seen a Disney camera strap that was comfortable.
Totally agree with this.

My advice if you really want a Disney strap is to find a good quality basic strap and make a cover. It's not difficult to do and your strap will be comfortable and probably more durable. OpTech straps work really well to make covers for.

Who are these students and why are they calling me teacher?

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
indiesgirl4ever
DCP Fall 2014

Okay thank you! I will look into the different straps and probably just end up making a cover of sorts, I appreciate the input as I am only used to P & S
Old 11-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
littlekidagain
Mouseketeer

I own 3 different Disney straps. I bought 2 online and 1 at Disney. They are the most uncomfortable straps I ever had. I do use them when I go to Disney but the all I use them for.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekidagain View Post
I own 3 different Disney straps. I bought 2 online and 1 at Disney. They are the most uncomfortable straps I ever had. I do use them when I go to Disney but the all I use them for.
May I dare ask, why? There's being a Disneyite (which many of us are) and then being a little crazy!!
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
littlekidagain
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianna'sPapa View Post
May I dare ask, why? There's being a Disneyite (which many of us are) and then being a little crazy!!
Just to be a little different! I does start a lot of conversation with people in the parks wanting to know where to get them.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Try searching Etsy for camera straps. There are Etsy sellers who make custom DSLR camera straps and would probably be willing to use Disney fabric for you.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #10
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

I agree that the Disney strap is very uncomfortable. I use it on my Sony HX-200 and it rubs my neck. I'm really sorry I wasted the money on it.

I had my very crafty mom make me strap covers and I love them. She added some padding and they are great plus I can take them off and wash them. I used the Mickey Halloween cover last year and was stopped so many times by fellow guests and CM's asking where I got it.
tazdev3225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

I have a WDW park strap and hate the way it feels. Its stiff and coarse. It rubs my neck. Wasted my money on that one.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Have you considered adding a few pins to a nice camera strap to make a Mickey strap? That's what I've done.

I have a Black Rapid strap that's very comfortable. I've added to of their Joey add-ons, which are essentially pouches for spare batteries or memory cards. I have a Disney pin on the flap of each pouch. It's the only comfortable "Disney" camera strap I've ever had. I will note, though, that you need to be conscious of where you're putting the pins and how you put the strap away in your camera bag. Don't allow them to damage anything.

I used the red and black Mickey Mouse strap that looks like a roll of film for years. I loved the look of it, but hated the way my neck felt at the end of each day. Been there, done that, won't go back.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #13
indiesgirl4ever
DCP Fall 2014

Thank you all so much for the input regarding the disney straps because I know I would en up buying one in a heart bet If I didn't know any better I'm trying to find some Peter Pan fabric of I can and am looking for a tutorial to make a cover for a strap
Old 11-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
millys
Mouseketeer

If you can get hold of one of the old rainbow Epcot straps they are great. Much softer fabric than the Mickey straps. I wear this all the time - its my favourite.
I have adapted it to be an 'over the shoulder' strap by using a couple of the Op Tech strap connectors which just gives it the perfect length for me.

Milly
Old 11-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
indiesgirl4ever
DCP Fall 2014

I've seen those and love them but try are hard to find! I will try! thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: