Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #1216
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWfirsttimer3 View Post
Well, we are back from our first POR stay! We did manage to enjoy our time there, even with the issues at home.
I'm so glad you decided to go and managed to have a good time regardless; you'd probably have kicked yourself later on if you'd allowed the thieves to steal your vacation from you as well as the physical stuff. I hope everything is going OK with sorting stuff out at home now.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #1217
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

My friend just got back from POR. She said they had a FANTASTIC time! Crowds were crazy but that was expected.

Buses were great.... wait times were reasonable. Boatwrights and counter service food was good.

Their only minor complaint was that they booked a preferred room and none were available and she does not think the beds in the AB section were true queens. She said they seemed small but comfy.

Last edited by RubySlippers; 11-25-2012 at 09:30 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #1218
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
Their only minor complaint was that they booked a preferred room and non were available and she does not think the beds in the AB section were true queens. She said they seemed small but comfy.
That's a bit annoying - did they get upgraded, or offered a refund?

And the beds are all definitely Queens (well, apart from the Kings anyway).

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #1219
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's a bit annoying - did they get upgraded, or offered a refund?
They got a refund and the staff was very apologetic she said. They are the type of people that do not allow minor issues to ruin a vacation!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #1220
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Hey all...
I'm hours away from booking a 9-night stay at POR in a Royal Guest Room, and I think we're going to go for a garden view. Can anyone give me some ideas of where these rooms may be located within the 2 royal mansions? Any requests we should make? I think the only thing we'd really be adamant about is not being on the 1st floor.

TIA!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #1221
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC
Hey all...
I'm hours away from booking a 9-night stay at POR in a Royal Guest Room, and I think we're going to go for a garden view. Can anyone give me some ideas of where these rooms may be located within the 2 royal mansions? Any requests we should make? I think the only thing we'd really be adamant about is not being on the 1st floor.

TIA!
Garden views will be facing the landscaped gardens.

You can request floor other than first floor.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #1222
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara

It does not matter what floor. Disney uses similar toilets to cruise ships. They are very high capacity flush toilets that cause less issues with toilet back-ups. Thus less interruption to the guests. All you have to do is close the bathroom door and you will not hear it.

Problem solved.
Not true! We heard it through the ceiling and not just the flushing.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #1223
princesslibby
DIS Veteran

Just booked for January. So excited!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #1224
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubySlippers
My friend just got back from POR. She said they had a FANTASTIC time! Crowds were crazy but that was expected.

Buses were great.... wait times were reasonable. Boatwrights and counter service food was good.

Their only minor complaint was that they booked a preferred room and none were available and she does not think the beds in the AB section were true queens. She said they seemed small but comfy.
They were true queens. The headboards were for the old doubles and made them appear to look smaller but once in them dh and I had plenty of room. W sleep in a queen at home and took our usual spots with the same amount of room. I only say that because dh asked me when we first got in the room because they didn't look add big as they were. The Murphy bed was a hit.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #1225
Bee2u
ImJustBeeNme

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends by the way. (If anyone who is at POR at the moment has a chance to check to see if Boatwright's is doing any special meal options today, and maybe grab a photo of the menu, that'd be really useful!)

Andre
We just got back from POR last night. We had a fantastic time! Sorry, didn't gets pics of the menu, but the first evening we were there my (grown) kids came back to the room talking about the person taking pictures of the food in the restaurant. They didn't believe me when I told them it was probably a DISer taking pics to put on here.

My WDW trips: July 1972; Summer 1980; Honeymoon - June 28th - July 2, 1986; Summer 1999; March 2000 (kids sang @ Magical Music Days); Our 25th Anniv. - June 24 - 28th, 2011 WL; Nov. 20 - 24, 2012 POR; 2013: Jan. 2 - 5 WL (My first Solo trip); Jan. 26 - 29 WL; birthday trip: Apr. 5 - 8 BC; June 3 - 8 WL; First trip to DLR July 5 - 7,; Sept. 19 - 22 WL; Nov. 23 - 29 POR; Dec. 6 - 9 CS; 2014: Feb. 1 - 3 Poly; Mar. 8 - 12 AoA; Apr. 3 - 7 POR; June 3 - 10 POR, WL; July 31 - Aug. 3 Disney Dream; Aug. 3 - 5 Poly; Aug. 22 - 24 BW; Sept 12 - 14 WL
Old 11-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #1226
tink68
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to share...80 more days for us!!!
Cannot wait to get back home to POR. Plane tickets bought, room and dining almost paid for. Now to save up some spending money. This will be tough with Christmas in the way.
Have a great week everyone!

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
Old 11-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #1227
jessic2422
Mouseketeer

If I order from amazon how far out should I order? What address do I put for delivery? We are in the royal rooms. Thanks!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #1228
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessic2422
If I order from amazon how far out should I order? What address do I put for delivery? We are in the royal rooms. Thanks!
See the sticky regarding shipping to your resort; definitely follow the instructions, especially the address and carrier.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #1229
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

BOOKED! We will be staying in a Royal Room for 9 nights! We've requested Oak Manor, since we will be travelling with family, who have booked a standard room at the resort. They are going to request Magnolia Terrace, so we can be as close to each other as possible. We did go for the garden view, and my question is this.... Is there any chance we'll be on the side of the buildings facing the main building/river? I know that we've not booked a river view, and I'm not expecting one, but I guess what I'm asking is if all the rooms on the side of the buildings facing the river are considered river view.

TIA!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #1230
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
We did go for the garden view, and my question is this.... Is there any chance we'll be on the side of the buildings facing the main building/river?
Yes, you could well be on the river side of the buildings, not directly overlooking it but to the side for example. Standard view is more likely to be the parking lot side.

Andre

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: