Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #35
Bilberry
DIS Veteran

I go to the dentist regularly, have my teeth cleaned and what ever other work needs to be done.

I haven't gone to see the doctors in awhile. There for awhile I was a chronic patient with a gut issue. There really wasn't anything they could do with me, even admitting so with a few of the doctors I saw. I recall being told if the condition really acted up go to the ER. I remember one night doing that, going to the emergency room. All they did was park me in front of the bathroom! There wasn't any medication to give I was told. That was a pricy rest stop. Another time visiting the doctors office in a great deal of pain, I was told I needed to take more imodium. Thanks for the tip, but not all that helpful.

For the regular family doctor, I haven't seen him in awhile too. Last time I visited we had a disagreement on how best to treat a heart condition. He was a basic physician with advice of take an aspirin, statin drug, fish oil and little more. I wanted to do more though, change my diet, test my thyroid, along with taking some other supplements like vitamin D3, K2, etc. He wasn't happy about this for some reason and wasn't helpful. I tried questioning him and the nurse about it, but never could get an answer. So I learned how to arrange some of the testing I was looking for on my own.

I'll undoubtably go back in the future to a family doctor. I've made a move to a new state of late, and have heard good news in that some of the family physicians my neighbors see are more receptive and helpful for what I'm looking for.

Direct Labs I think has a nice set of tests that can be arranged outside of the hospital.

http://www.directlabs.com/

I also will use home testing kits for testing vitamin D3, hormone testing, etc. One place the inexpensive kits are sold at is ~

https://shop.trackyourplaque.com/Pro...le-female.aspx
Bilberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: