Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #1591
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes, each person on the reservation, adult or kid, receives a yellow luggage tag sticker. For example, 2 adults + 2 kids = 4 luggage tags sent.
Thank you : )
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #1592
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

I just realized that I only have one yellow luggage tag for my flight that leaves Sunday. I thought it was actually two tags and didn't look close until today (it sure is big tag for being only one tag). I'm kicking myself that I didn't read this thread earlier! Oh well, I either have to take one piece of luggage or not use the baggage pick up at the airport.
ttfn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #1593
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn3 View Post
I just realized that I only have one yellow luggage tag for my flight that leaves Sunday. I thought it was actually two tags and didn't look close until today (it sure is big tag for being only one tag). I'm kicking myself that I didn't read this thread earlier! Oh well, I either have to take one piece of luggage or not use the baggage pick up at the airport.
You can just give them your baggage claim receipt at the DME counter.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #1594
Chickkypoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie1 View Post
I got my packet of coupons and our hotel vouchers about two weeks ago. Now we only have two weeks to go and no yellow tags yet. When do they usually arrive? I am in Canada but flying out of the USA but mail delivery takes a bit longer. And my TA is away until a few days before we leave! Can someone please reassure me?
We haven't got our tags either. We usually have them by now.

Walt Disney World: Jan. 1987, Feb.2001, Nov. 2004, Sept./Oct. 2005, Nov. 2007, Nov. 2008, Nov. 2009, Dec. 2010/Jan. 2011, June 2011, June 2012, Dec. 2012, May 2013, May 2014, Sept. 2014, Nov. 2014
Disneyland: May 2008, Sept. 2010
Disneyland Paris: July 2008
Aulani: Nov. 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland and Tokyo Disney April 2015!
Disney Resorts I have stayed at: ASSp, ASMu, ASMo, POP, CSR, AKV-Jambo, AKV-Kidani, SSR, VWL, BCV, OKW, BLT, CBR, GCV, Sequoia Lodge (Paris), Aulani

Proud DVC Owner - The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Chickkypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #1595
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

If you haven't received your DME two weeks prior to travel, call DME directly, and make sure they have you in their system. They usually do. Then, they can resend a packet out to you. They need 10 days to print the packet up and get it to you.
Same goes if you need addtl luggage tags. Call them and ask for more...as long as you are at least 10 days out!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #1596
kstorms27
Mouseketeer

Change of Resort

We are 1 week away from our trip and we had to change our resort. Our tags and vouchers say our original resort but will we be able to still use them for our new resort? Im sure its to late now to get new ones.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #1597
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstorms27 View Post
We are 1 week away from our trip and we had to change our resort. Our tags and vouchers say our original resort but will we be able to still use them for our new resort? Im sure its to late now to get new ones.
If your reservation number is the same you can still use them.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #1598
k33teacher
Earning My Ears

Taking the Magical Express to MCO without a flight

We will be returning to MCO on the ME, but will be picking up a rental to continue our vacation in Florida. Will we be able to book a return on the ME at our convenience? We want to pick up the car at the airport at 9AM. Thank you
k33teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #1599
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k33teacher View Post
We will be returning to MCO on the ME, but will be picking up a rental to continue our vacation in Florida. Will we be able to book a return on the ME at our convenience? We want to pick up the car at the airport at 9AM. Thank you
Yes, pretty much. Many people do just this thing. When you get to WDW and your resort, just talk to the front desk people. Tell them what you need to do, and they should be able to arrange for a bus at the appropriate time for you.

But it has to be done no later than the day before you checkout!!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #1600
MelanieRI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k33teacher View Post
What I've done in the past to make things simple, is when booking or the day before checkout, is to call and give the flight info for a time I know I want to leave around. They pick you up 3 hrs before you're flight. For me, since I fly in on southwest, I just pick a flight returning with a time related to when I want to be picked up. One time when calling I held back on the flight info and just tried to book a trip back, it was hassle and in the end I just gave her the flight info so she could enter it in and be done with it.

Melanie

Next trip to Walt Disney World:
November 2014
MelanieRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #1601
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Im not sure if I should be posting my question here but ill give it a try. In April, my aunt's work conference will be held in WDW and I am tagging along. I will most likely fly to and from by myself. Will I still be able to use ME, even though I will only be a guest in her room and my name will not be on the res at all? Thanks
Jenny1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #1602
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1985 View Post
Im not sure if I should be posting my question here but ill give it a try. In April, my aunt's work conference will be held in WDW and I am tagging along. I will most likely fly to and from by myself. Will I still be able to use ME, even though I will only be a guest in her room and my name will not be on the res at all? Thanks
No, you need to be listed as a Disney resort guest on a reservation in order to reserve with and use DME.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #1603
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=jcarwash;47058816]No, you need to be listed as a Disney resort guest on a reservation in order to reserve with and use DME.[/

ok thanks. her company always pays for everything, we wont be paying for the room so we are not going to be booking a normal wdw res. just trying to figure out how we r gonna work this out. thanks for the help.
Jenny1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #1604
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1985 View Post
As you already know, you can't ride DME without an active room reservation...and since you aren't listed, you can't ride.
BUT, you can head to the Mears counter when you get to MCO...it's down next to the DME area. I think it costs about $30 pp r/t to get from MCO to a WDW resort. You can't book it in advance, but you can do it once you get there. Inall likelihood, they will put you on a DME bus to your resort...perhaps the same one your aunt is on.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #1605
pbruce706
Mouseketeer

A few questions to my fellow Canadians out there.

We're flying down from Toronto in February. The airport in Toronto has US Customs before you enter the gate area, so every other flight I've taken to the US from Toronto has been treated as a domestic flight since you've already cleared customs before boarding the plane. However, our last trip to WDW (2005) we didn't pass through customs at the airport, was that just a unique situation or do you have to pass through customs in Orlando? Hope that makes sense.

Also, I've read varying comments in this thread about whether Canadians receive tags for ME or not. Still 37 days out for the trip so not expecting anything this week, just wondering if we'll receive them or not.

Thanks in advance!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: