Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #271
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

I'm planning to send out an updated list on Wednesday, which will probably be the last one here on the boards since we have people leaving soon after that! I also have a map with all the rooms marked on it, which I plan to print out on the back of the list - and bring copies for everyone participating. I was thinking of sliding them under your doors on the first day, but if anyone would like to print their own I can email the files, just give me your email!

Yes, DH and I are both firefighters (which will be quite clear when you see our door! ). So really, you DON'T want to see us on a professional level!

I don't want anyone to think I'm grading spelling or grammar. I just notice odd things, particularly when I'm tired! And it made me laugh. I knew what you meant, and I certainly have made my share of typos as well! But I wanted to share the laugh.

Only 9 days until we leave for California! EEK!!!

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #272
Tntwahines
Earning My Ears

Room number

We got our room assignment! 6016
Tntwahines is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #273
Brenna D
Earning My Ears

Ha ha...that was so "sweat" of you to point it out LOL I worked on FE gifts all day and my eyes were seeing double!! LOL No worries at all....I am super excited and I think I am going to start crying when I get on the ship from being overjoyed!! I am a baby like that!! I too am doing one big gift for each room and a bunch of small stuff.....I LOVE giving gifts so this is the best thing ever and to find people who love giving as much as me is a treat!! Cant wait to give a ton of goodies. Hope all have a happy Tuesday!!
Brenna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #274
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
I'm planning to send out an updated list on Wednesday, which will probably be the last one here on the boards since we have people leaving soon after that! I also have a map with all the rooms marked on it, which I plan to print out on the back of the list - and bring copies for everyone participating. I was thinking of sliding them under your doors on the first day, but if anyone would like to print their own I can email the files, just give me your email!

Yes, DH and I are both firefighters (which will be quite clear when you see our door! ). So really, you DON'T want to see us on a professional level!

I don't want anyone to think I'm grading spelling or grammar. I just notice odd things, particularly when I'm tired! And it made me laugh. I knew what you meant, and I certainly have made my share of typos as well! But I wanted to share the laugh.

Only 9 days until we leave for California! EEK!!!
You are so organized, a woman after my own heart... MAPS! So thoughtful

Wow both of you are, impressive

have I mentioned I just have two more days of work and I am all packed carry-on and all Can't beat a week where I get to eat turkey and leave on vacation .... as Little Dude would say "sweat!"
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #275
dreamprfct
Earning My Ears

wow!

Quote:
I'm planning to send out an updated list on Wednesday, which will probably be the last one here on the boards since we have people leaving soon after that! I also have a map with all the rooms marked on it, which I plan to print out on the back of the list - and bring copies for everyone participating. I was thinking of sliding them under your doors on the first day, but if anyone would like to print their own I can email the files, just give me your email! hyper:

ok you are superwoman! clearly I had nothing to worry about!!!
dreamprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #276
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer

Greetings all

I know I have already said this but I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.... for me it will just be over a week till Disneyland...

Anybody planning on doing any black friday shopping?

Sorry for the random post but I got tired of checking yesterday for new posts and wanted at least one new one this morning.

Justin
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #277
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears

Thanks Justin!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Vada
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #278
ravensilverlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiggerb View Post
I know I have already said this but I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.... for me it will just be over a week till Disneyland...

Anybody planning on doing any black friday shopping?

Sorry for the random post but I got tired of checking yesterday for new posts and wanted at least one new one this morning.

Justin
Yes, indeed...I will be thankful for making it safely through Sandy this year.

I am lucky this year, I don't have to be in to work until 11pm on Thanksgiving - so I can actually enjoy ALL of dinner, I usually have to leave before the pie! It also means I can *try* for some of the EARLY deals at the stores. Hoping to get an 8pm TV steal, since that's what DH and I decided was "our" gift to ourselves this year. Besides that, I gave the list of the few things I really wanted to get to a friend, since I'll be working during the insanity.

I sent out the final FE list, if there are any issues let me know on here or via email (email is better, I have great mobile access to that but not the boards, ravensilverlight@yahoo.com).

Magnets are done for everyone's door, just laminated them last night.

Don't forget our meet on our first sea day, 1:30 in Diversions!

Old 11-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #279
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer

Movies

As a movie buff and bored for a short time today... I thought I would call and check on our movie selection. Boy it was a big list.... Though I was a little freaked out after I heard the first half of the list... I was like I have seen all those and they are old.

I will give it to you in the order they gave me on the phone

Cars 2
Help
Muppets
John Carter
Chimpanze (sp)
Avengers
I was like crap till this point
Brave
People Like Us
Odd Life of Timmothy Green
Frankinweenie
Wreck It Ralph
Lincoln

they first said Monsters 3d
but then they doubled checked and said no that would be on the next week

Oh well I hope you are excited about a few of these

Justin
Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #280
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears

I YAM! I YAM!! I'm excited about the door magnets AND the movies!! Wish I had Tigger's springs in my legs, I'd be boinging all over!

Vada
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #281
ravensilverlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiggerb View Post
Cars 2
Help
Muppets
John Carter
Chimpanze (sp)
Avengers
Brave
People Like Us
Odd Life of Timmothy Green
Frankinweenie
Wreck It Ralph
Lincoln
OH NO!!! This can't be happening!!!
There's just no way it's fair for me to look forward to this cruise for so long and then want to spend the entire week in the movie theater!

I figured Wreck It Ralph would be playing, and Lincoln, and I purposely didn't go see either so I could on the ship. But there are some other goodies I want to see too!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #282
Brenna D
Earning My Ears

Quote:
OH NO!!! This can't be happening!!!
There's just no way it's fair for me to look forward to this cruise for so long and then want to spend the entire week in the movie theater!

I figured Wreck It Ralph would be playing, and Lincoln, and I purposely didn't go see either so I could on the ship. But there are some other goodies I want to see too!!!
I agree....there are a few on the list that I didnt get to see so I am super excited to see them on board!!! YAY
Brenna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #283
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Hoep everyone enjoyed Turkey Day I know Adam and I had a great time, we even included a trip to Walmart some some Movie... picked up Brave BD for ten bucks

Anywho, got the new list and am all packed and checked in for the plane and off to bed(If I can sleep). Tomorrow Adam and I will be dinning with Goofy and shopping at DTD. Can't wait to meet everyone in a week
Old 11-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #284
DISNEYaddict4evr

Talking

Well kids it is Black Friday, many of you may be at stores duking it out for sales, if so I wish you the best.

I am sipping on my coffee about to jump in the shower. It is still crazy that I will be in Disneyland tonight. I can finally understand why people go to WDW over and over because they know how everything works and they don't; have to think. I have NEVER flown in LAX just used it as a hub, so now instead of being sure of everything I haver a bit of anxiety this morning because I do not know where they shuttle picks us up, what if our luggage is late and we miss the shuttles. I miss the magical express

Again can't wait to meet everybody and I hope time flies for you guys these next few days... while for us it feels like FOREVER
Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #285
StacieRN
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! New to the board - we just booked this cruise last week! It will be our second Disney cruise aboard the Wonder but first first Mexican Riviera! Our last cruise was in 2008 and was to Castaway Cay and Nassau for 4 nights and WDW for 3 nights.

Sooooo, I feel like I have no idea what to expect from this cruise! Any tips? Since we booked sooo last minute we were given a guaranteed room...if it's awful are we able to upgrade once on the ship? Does it cost a fortune if you wait that long?

What nights are formal nights? Just how formal are they? Tux? suit? dinner jacket? Evening gown? cocktail dress? sun dress?

The kids LOVED the pirates in the Caribbean part on the last sailing - is there something similar for the MR sailing?

Anyone else gluten free? This is our first cruise after Celiac diagnosis and hoping for lots of safe options!

We have 2 children 10 and 13 and we live in south Orange County, CA. So excited I can hardly concentrate at work!

Thanks for the help!!
StacieRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: