Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #1201
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Do the changerooms by the pools have showers?

Thinking it might be easier for a couple of us to have showers at the changerooms after a swim than all 5 of us fighting for a shower when we get back to the room! LOL

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 11-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #1202
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Leaving tonight! Will be checking in tomorrow morning!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #1203
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Love this resort! But FYI request 2nd floor unless you want to hear people peeing and flushing toilet above you. Very loud!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #1204
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
Do the changerooms by the pools have showers?
Yes they do, and there are lockers too if you want them. Only at the Ol' Man Island pool though, the quiet pools don't have changing rooms as such. There are open-air showers by all of the pools though, but they are not heated.

(and yes, I did feel a little uneasy when taking that first photo! I walked in and called out "Hello? Is there anyone in here?" before I even got the camera out of my bag )

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #1205
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes they do, and there are lockers too if you want them. Only at the Ol' Man Island pool though, the quiet pools don't have changing rooms as such. There are open-air showers by all of the pools though, but they are not heated.

Thanks - this will work great, especially if dh and I have a late night hot tub while kids are sleeping.

(and yes, I did feel a little uneasy when taking that first photo! I walked in and called out "Hello? Is there anyone in here?" before I even got the camera out of my bag )
Well we appreciate the effort and any raised eyebrows you got!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #1206
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Andre
Yeah I was thinking the same thing there. Wondering if you were walking around camera in hand as some one shouts, "peeping tom"!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #1207
macadoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4360 View Post
Love this resort! But FYI request 2nd floor unless you want to hear people peeing and flushing toilet above you. Very loud!
We were going to request a ground floor room (prefer ground for a little less walking...lazy i know ). Was this in the AB or mansions? Or a problem in both?
Old 11-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #1208
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
We were going to request a ground floor room (prefer ground for a little less walking...lazy i know ). Was this in the AB or mansions? Or a problem in both?
I suspect it's a general design thing in all the moderates to be honest. However I do think that most of the noise you might (or might not) notice tends to come through the bathroom walls (i.e. from the room next door, or the one behind yours) rather than from a different floor.

If you do happen to hear noise between floors, it will more likely be because a herd of baby elephants (loosely disguised as small children) have moved into the room above you.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #1209
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadoo

We stayed at AB
Old 11-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #1210
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4360

We stayed at AB
It's definately the room above!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #1211
macadoo
Earning My Ears

Maybe requesting a ground floor might not be such a good idea then
Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #1212
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadoo
Maybe requesting a ground floor might not be such a good idea then
It does not matter what floor. Disney uses similar toilets to cruise ships. They are very high capacity flush toilets that cause less issues with toilet back-ups. Thus less interruption to the guests. All you have to do is close the bathroom door and you will not hear it.

Problem solved.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #1213
macadoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
It does not matter what floor. Disney uses similar toilets to cruise ships. They are very high capacity flush toilets that cause less issues with toilet back-ups. Thus less interruption to the guests. All you have to do is close the bathroom door and you will not hear it.

Problem solved.
O that's not so bad then, thank you
Old 11-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #1214
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

We are on our way home after a wonderful stay at POR. We were in building 36 which was a location I had hoped for since I didn't want to be too close to the action. We didnt get the parking lot view we hoped for, but we did get a beautiful garden view on the first floor. Busses were close and we had no bus issues. E used the North depot and only had to stand once. We also left at peak times. I.e. right around park opening, usually just before. The refurb was done beautifully. My kids preferred to use the quiet pool which was literally steps from the door. We woke up early and did polar bear swims before leaving for the parks. We had a great time. Next time DH wants to try out a deluxe resort, namely the yacht club or the contemporary for a change but we will always consider POR home.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #1215
DWfirsttimer3
Earning My Ears

Well, we are back from our first POR stay! We did manage to enjoy our time there, even with the issues at home. Port Orleans is beautiful, and our room was ideally located, we even got a corner room! My only issue was that since we were on the ground level, the people going past our room were constantly looking into our room! I just closed the blinds though! I was freaked out one evening, we had stopped back at the room for a swim and rest halfway through the day. Mousekeeping had already been there. We left a light on as we heading out to an evening at epcot. When we returned around 11, I noticed the lights out, and the blinds open. This alarmed me, as you can understand from our issue the day before we left. It turns out Mousekeeping had come back, and turned down our beds! Even my daughters' Duffy bear and Minnie mouse were in towel chairs on the table. Too cute! We are already planning our next trip, Christmas 2013! Thanks for all of the support, and I am sorry for the long post!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: