Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchsfan16 View Post
I'm not whining (I no longer work retail). I'm stating my beliefs. This is a family holiday, an AMERICAN holiday. If it weren't for what Thanksgiving represents, we wouldn't have this nation as it is to live in, whether we are citizens or not. Stores were closed for years on Thanksgiving, and it's only because people have become too greedy to not shop on the holiday that stores have been opening on the holiday. I've seen Black Friday from the other side, and there is NO reason to force that on associates on a holiday they used to have off. Yes, hotels and restaurants are open, but you don't see fist fights happening there just because of a bargain.

As far as not celebrating the holiday, we won't be celebrating Christmas on Christmas this year. Does that mean I expect stores to open to entertain me? No. I will entertain myself for that holiday so that employees can be with their families.
Your beliefs sound alot like whining to me.
As far as what used to be, well that was then and this is now, and anyone going in to retail can accept that working holidays is a part of that, or they can look for another job where they won't be required to work on those days. Retail establishments are there to make money, being in retail I guess I would have assumed you would understand that. If consumers have no problem spending Thanksgiving at the mall instead of at home, then good for them for staying open that day.
And Thanksgiving has nothing to do with having the nation we have, you might want to brush up on your history
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: