Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
zalansky

DIS Veteran

I am sitting here shocked right now, I had no idea. I have dealt with her many times on the coping & compassion board. So, so very sad to hear of her passing.

zalansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
SimonV
Proud to have called Bob Varley 'friend'

Susan and I are only (very) infrequent visitors here on the DIS, thanks largely to work and family commitments, but we have nothing but the fondest of memories of Marsha from our time together as Mods and several meetings at Pete's and in and around WDW. You couldn't have wished to meet a more generous and compassionate person and she was a great example of how to live your life in a positive frame of mind. Her family and the DIS community has certainly lost a great spirit, but I will certainly choose to remember her with grateful thanks for the chance to know her. Thanks for your tribute post, CarolAnn.
SimonV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
pixiechick
will work for disney dollars
I was just thinking about smelling the cat's behind

What beautiful words, Carol. Thank you for sharing them here.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

What a shame to hear. Even through all of her own loss & despair she encouraged many of us on here with lesser problems, and uplifted our spirits in times of need. RIP Marsha!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #20
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

It took me a few days to be able to post.

Marsha was all that and then some. Incredible lady. It was an honor to know her. I think I can speak for many saying that.

My heart and prayers are with her family...
Old 07-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

I am so sorry to hear this news.

I knew Marsha through her posts on this board.

I know she had such a wonderful love and caring heart encouraging all of us on this board.

She went through so much with her Tommy, as she always referred to him here and I know she loved her daughters and grandchildren.

She will be missed.

Saying a prayer for her family for Gods peace and comfort.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #22
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Unhappy

My wife had a thread on here when my mom was passing, and Mackey Mouse had contributed to it while mom was battling. I had not read the whole thread; only posting a thank you/tribute at the end of it after she passed. I also thanked Marsha after a response to my post, but that was all I knew of her.

Something brought me to that thread again today, and seeing her name jogged my memory of my wife stating Mackey Mouse, who had been very comforting while my mom was dealing, had passed. I went thru Marsha's posts to confirm, finding her diagnosis and various posts with her comforting OTHERS while she was battling to live herself. Also noticed the "go for the gusto" attitude toward life. Love it.

Through searches I found the announcement of her passing, and this thread. I'm sure my wife was returning the comfort Marsha offered her during my mom's illness. (I hope she was!) I wish I could go back and express my feelings while she was alive, but I'm rarely on here.

Such horrific stories as this have made me less and less of a believer, but if it's true I hope she's somehow reunited with her husband, who also sounded like a fine person himself. Take care, Marsha; I will always try to go for the gusto.

ps. Thank you, CarolAnn, for your wonderful tribute.

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."
312.Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #23
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 312.Duck View Post
My wife had a thread on here when my mom was passing, and Mackey Mouse had contributed to it while mom was battling. I had not read the whole thread; only posting a thank you/tribute at the end of it after she passed. I also thanked Marsha after a response to my post, but that was all I knew of her.

Something brought me to that thread again today, and seeing her name jogged my memory of my wife stating Mackey Mouse, who had been very comforting while my mom was dealing, had passed. I went thru Marsha's posts to confirm, finding her diagnosis and various posts with her comforting OTHERS while she was battling to live herself. Also noticed the "go for the gusto" attitude toward life. Love it.

Through searches I found the announcement of her passing, and this thread. I'm sure my wife was returning the comfort Marsha offered her during my mom's illness. (I hope she was!) I wish I could go back and express my feelings while she was alive, but I'm rarely on here.

Such horrific stories as this have made me less and less of a believer, but if it's true I hope she's somehow reunited with her husband, who also sounded like a fine person himself. Take care, Marsha; I will always try to go for the gusto.

ps. Thank you, CarolAnn, for your wonderful tribute.
Marsha has been in my thoughts a lot lately and I always try to stop by here and check "her board" as Coping and Compassion was truly her baby.

I, too, try to make every day count and go for the gusto. It was a lesson well learned from her, and I'm trying to live my life with no regrets.

Take care and keep the faith...
Old 11-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #24
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Marsha was a bit of a hero to me - never giving up or giving in, no matter the odds. I am just returning to the boards after 9 months of surgery recovery and I am shocked and saddened to hear marsha has left us. Marsha, you were and always are an inspiration to me. Rest in peace with your beloved husband.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
KPeveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: