Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #361
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irin997

You are so right. But then again, I agonize over getting the best price on most things I buy. It is an obsession!!! One that my DH NEVER complains about.
I agree. I think I have a sickness when it comes to Disney. I can't even begin to total up the hours I spend on planning. I probably don't want to know myself, it would be embarrassing. My DH is not really a fan of Disney but is all for saving money, so he lets me indulge. He prefers Universal(and so do my traitor sons). If Disney doesn't release a good discount, we will probably head to Universal this summer. We have Universal AP's. Since we already have tickets and paying the high price of staying onsite is still cheaper than Disney. Plus you get unlimited express pass for most of the rides when staying onsite. Please, Disney, hurry up and release some discounts. I don't want to go back to the darkside.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #362
Lees3rwe
DIS Veteran

Hey Folks... we are in too! Most likely June 8-16th. This will be our 3rd June trip in a row and we have had a pin for free dining for the past 2 years! I called the other day for just to see if offers were being released and the CM said that pins should be going out within the next 4 weeks and a public offer in about 6 weeks.

Not sure if that is accurate, but crossing my fingers for another pin.
I will say that in less than 48 hours of that call, I was emailed a survey for information about my last park trip. I remember signing up with a CM to take the survey when we were leaving Epcot. The survey was very extensive and took about 10 minutes to complete.

We have gotten FD pins for each of our trips and always get surveys emailed to us. So my tip would be that if you EVER get an email with a survey... take it!!!

Good luck to everyone waiting on pins!
Lees3rwe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #363
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I am so stressed. I found a beautiful 3 bedroom condo in Windsor Hills for 120 a night. We want to stay on property. I can do a mod if we can get free dining. Of course we would rather stay on property. I am afraid to risk it though. I do not want to lose my back up.

What would you do given these two options??
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #364
DopeysMommy
Mouseketeer

I got the Game On flyer too, and was excited. Thanks for clarifying!!
DopeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #365
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1
I am so stressed. I found a beautiful 3 bedroom condo in Windsor Hills for 120 a night. We want to stay on property. I can do a mod if we can get free dining. Of course we would rather stay on property. I am afraid to risk it though. I do not want to lose my back up.

I would say depends on your rental company. We stayed at WH once and could have cancelled with no penalty up to 60 days out I believe so if you have a contract where something like this is there you could go ahead and rent then wait and see.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #366
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post

What is the cancellation policy for the WH condo? I really am not expecting free dining for this year, unless you get it by a postcard rate. It seems Disney may be going away from that and towards something like the S/P/D rates that were offered for January through early March.

I have never stayed offsite, but we book what we know we can/will be willing to pay rack rate for, and if a discount comes out, we take advantage of it. I'm afraid if you hold out for free dining (and that is the only discount that will work for you), you might be disappointed and have lost the deal on the condo. On the other hand, I completely understand wanting to stay onsite.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #367
elyse43230
Is this real life? I feel funny...

I have been occupying myself (instead of anxiously waiting for a pin!) on the Disney World website by looking at the park hours they have posted for June (we are June 9-15).

Now I can figure out what we will do what day and what day to make ADRs!

My ADRs day is December 11! Anyone else's coming up soon? I'm so excited!

Disney Trips! June 2013 OKW June 2012 POFQ Feb 2009 POFQ July 2008 Epcot March 2008 5 Days POFQ April 2007 MK w/ Mom October 2001 Poly July 1993 MK August 1989 MK - 5 years old (Shannon gets her ears)
elyse43230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #368
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyse43230 View Post
I have been occupying myself (instead of anxiously waiting for a pin!) on the Disney World website by looking at the park hours they have posted for June (we are June 9-15).

My day is the day after yours. It's 12/12/12 I hope that means good luck and we will get the ones we want.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #369
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Anyone know the days of last year's pin offer? I remember some June dates, but I am not finding anything in search.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #370
pooh4brains
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyse43230 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
My day is the day after yours. It's 12/12/12 I hope that means good luck and we will get the ones we want.
My day is 12/6! Can't believe it's almost time already. June will be here before we know it!!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #371
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4brains View Post
My day is 12/6! Can't believe it's almost time already. June will be here before we know it!!
Just not too quickly. I still have to pay for this trip. Well accept for the $200 deposit.

I am worried that even if they offer a good discount, it will not cover the room we have book already. Then I'll have to decide if I want to swap or not. Actually, it'll more than likely be my DH telling me we have to swap to something on the discount. I know in thr grand scheme of things, having to swap to a different WDW resort, or room view, isn't the end of the world. I was just really really looking forward to that Arusha view at the AKL. I guess worse case, we have to swap to another resort, or view, and then we'll just have to come back another time to get that Arusha view room.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #372
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4brains View Post
Ours is 12.03 ! I can't even believe it's here already! (almost....) I told my DH that next weekend we need to sit down an just go over everything once more before I have to be at my computer at 5 am that Monday. (gotta love Central time.... you have to be up earlier!)

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #373
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your feedback!
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #374
Butwhyistherumgone?
I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it!

add me to the June 2013 group
So do you all book a resort and then wait for a better deal?
I am torn because I can get the Swan at the teacher rate for June and it is not much more than a Disney moderate.... so many choices and I really want this PIN code for free dining I have heard about LOL
Butwhyistherumgone? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #375
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

We do our ADR's on Thursday, I'm sooooo excited!!!

Carla

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: