Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #1156
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
I saw, on a thread somewhere, that other cruise lines have future bookings done in a different way. When Susieark booked her dummy, then person x did the same, etc... when a person looks for a real cruise, they are financially penalized. Cabins are booked up and prices driven up.
Well, until DCL offers some voucher system, this is the only way. FWIW I book a very off peak time of year, late Sept or early Dec and I don't choose an actual cabin, just take GTY. I also take late dining.
It wouldn't do anyone any favor to choose Christmas week and put my whole family on the res.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #1157
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I think that the dummy bookings shouldn't effect availability of future cruises, but then again I don't think they should allow dummy bookings at all.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #1158
MAJPLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow

You don't have to call in order to do that. If you login and pull up your res, you can click "modify" and move it to a new date. The pricing that will come up will reflect your onboard discount. Love that we can do this online now. I would suggest trying it now and playing with it a little before the BIG DAY!

Jodie
I thought if you booked through a TA you couldn't modify online. ???
Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #1159
Joan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJPLO View Post
No
Joan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #1160
MAJPLO
DIS Veteran

How would it be possible to not allow dummy bookings at all? We booked on board for a date we fully intended to sail. Later we decided we would prefer a different ship and destinations so we changed it. Now, due to family conflict with a different vacation we have to move it again. I didn't intentionally book a dummy date but in the end it turns out it was. How could that have been controlled? By not allowing any changes at all? If that were the case I wouldn't have booked at all and would probably never be cruising again.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #1161
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJPLO
How would it be possible to not allow dummy bookings at all? We booked on board for a date we fully intended to sail. Later we decided we would prefer a different ship and destinations so we changed it. Now, due to family conflict with a different vacation we have to move it again. I didn't intentionally book a dummy date but in the end it turns out it was. How could that have been controlled? By not allowing any changes at all? If that were the case I wouldn't have booked at all and would probably never be cruising again.
I think the point the pp was making was that many (most?) people don't do what you did. Yours was NOT a dummy booking, but booking the furthest out, cheapest cruise with one person in the cabin is. If DCL simply stopped encouraging/allowing people to do that, dummy bookings might be reduced. Not that they will, because they still haven't released next year (as we ALL know!), and yet they want to snag all the people currently are on board. Oh well.
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #1162
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you are correct. If you booked through a TA, you will need to call the TA to move the dates.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #1163
MAJPLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow

I think you are correct. If you booked through a TA, you will need to call the TA to move the dates.

Jodie
Well this is no good. My TA and I are on the west coast and while I'm willing to get up at four or five in the morning to look at opening rates, I'm sure she is not. Can I call DCL to change? Maybe look online for what I want while I wait on hold?

What's the best advice from all the experienced DISers?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #1164
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well this is no good. My TA and I are on the west coast and while I'm willing to get up at four or five in the morning to look at opening rates, I'm sure she is not. Can I call DCL to change? Maybe look online for what I want while I wait on hold?

If your travel agent works for an agency that specializes in Disney travel, I'm pretty sure she will be up very early in the morning. I know mine in Seattle is when new itineraries are available to book.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #1165
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You always have the TA taken off or switch. Of call DCL and ask. I hope your TA will get up early though for you.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #1166
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree. If this was not permitted there would be a lot less cruisers. West not think about disney next time if we hadn't already booked our next cruise on the ship and since we didn't want to cruise for at least two years there was no other way for Disney to ensure repeat customers
disneydreaming92701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #1167
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
I saw, on a thread somewhere, that other cruise lines have future bookings done in a different way. When Susieark booked her dummy, then person x did the same, etc... when a person looks for a real cruise, they are financially penalized. Cabins are booked up and prices driven up.
Any given stateroom, on _any_ cruise line's ship, is sold an average of 2.5 times before sailing. So, don't stress it.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #1168
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
You always have the TA taken off or switch. Of call DCL and ask. I hope your TA will get up early though for you.
The travel agent has to agree to release a reservation back to DCL. Dropping a travel agent shouldn't be done for a frivolous reason.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #1169
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

The travel agent has to agree to release a reservation back to DCL. Dropping a travel agent shouldn't be done for a frivolous reason.
Oh I wasn't implying that. So sorry if that's how that came across. Would never want to offend the wonderful TAs here! I just always assumed that using a travel agent was a choice. That's all I wanted to imply. I use one. I'm not concerned that she won't get things done for me. If I didn't have confidence in the process then I'd do my own bookings.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #1170
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I book through DCL so I can move it around if I need to but my TA works with me, knowing that I will transfer the ressie to her before final payment. That way I get her OBC and she gets a commission.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: