DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
bcarpenter
Earning My Ears

Direct purchase & included points, etc?

Hi,

Just my second post to Disboards... we're looking into buying into DVC & weighing up the options of resale vs direct. The difference in price & hassle between the two isn't that much since a resale purchase will have to be done by remote from overseas (along with its hassle, delays, insecurities, etc), whereas direct purchase can be done more or less immediately when we visit the USA anyway. However, being from out-of-USA, Disney won't talk to me directly because it's a legal real estate purchase, not in their geographical jurisdiction, etc etc etc. Even simple things like price per point they won't reveal, so thank you to those who run alternative sites that give that information. One answer I haven't been able to find is to this question:

If we buy 160 points direct from Disney in February 2013 with, say, a use year of June, how many points are included in our purchase & what dues do we have to pay? ie, I can think of three scenarios but am unsure which applies:

1. We get 160 points in Feb 2013 which expire in June 2013, then another 160 points in June 2013?
2. We get 160 points in Feb 2013 which expire in June 2014, but our next instalment of points is not until June 2014?
3. We get no points in Feb 2013, but we get 160 points in June 2013?

Presumedly, there are no 2013 annual dues with my scenarios above if we buy direct in Feb 2013.

However, does the situation change if we were to buy in, eg. November or December 2013, as far as 2014 annual dues are concerned?

Thank you!
bcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: