Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

augh....might have to downgrade from Poly to ????

Due to unforseen circumstances, we might have to downgrade our stay from the poly to a moderate
I really don't want to but would rather downgrade then not go at all....was contemplating the POR royal rooms??
there will be DH, myself, DD5, DD4, and DD 8 months. It is only for three nights and we are doing one day at MK only....what would everyone suggest IF I do have to switch
My DH doesn't want to so we are waiting but with the discounts I am nervous that if I wait nothing will be available....thanks

UPDATED: we are staying at the poly still!!!!! YAHOO!!!!

Last edited by princessap; 12-12-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: update
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

You actually might be happiest with CSR. The landscaping is really very lush, they have a fantastic pool (best I've seen other than Storm Along Bay), queen beds, nice, modern room decor and the two times I stayed there excellent bus service.

We stayed at the Poly last February and the entire time we were walking around he kept saying it reminded him so much of CSR!

A lot of people find it to the most "deluxe" of the mods; if there is such a thing.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

Oh no! I know you were so excited and I was excited for you to see the Poly and tell me all about it LOL...what happened?
Old 11-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

We stay at PO's and CSR the most and I would go with POR over CSR if you are wanting to do any family activities at the resort other than swimming. Like renting a surrey bike or a searacer boat, carriage ride, Yeehaa Bob puts on a great family friendly show, you also have the boat option to DTD and you can also use POFQ amenities as well. My DD's loved the RGR, they would always play the headboard fireworks a couple of times before falling asleep

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

I think the Royal Rooms at POR will be great for little girls that age - very princessy - have a great time!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

You will love POR. Yehaa Bob is a blast and the boat to DTD is great. POR at night is very romantic. I would suggest making a reservation for a carriage ride. Your girls will love it!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; WBC '14, ; WBC/ASSp Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
NewmanFamily6
Mouseketeer

Our favorite moderate is POFQ. Love the New Orleans theming, it is smaller so less walking to get the food court, less bus stops, & kids love the pool. The pool has a dragon or loch ness monster type slide. Any way my boys could have stayed on that thing all day

Next trip: January 2015 @ All Star Sports
NewmanFamily6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #8
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

We've never stayed in them, but the royal rooms at POR look so cute and great for little girls. Downgrading is way better than not going.

Hooked On The Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #9
Sue M
DIS Veteran

POR is our fav moderate. I go back and forth between POR and Deluxe with no problem. I love the beautiful landscaping and river path in the Mansion section.
Pretty pool area, lots of shade, I heard they added Hammocks recently.
I feel POR has a little extra to offer with evening entertainment (Bob Jackson as mentioned), boat to DTD, Horse & carriage rides, and a great food court. I go back for the Make Your Own Pasta bar even when We're not staying here.
If you decide on a Princess room, I'd request Oak Manor. Enjoy.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Due to unforseen circumstances, we might have to downgrade our stay from the poly to a moderate
I really don't want to but would rather downgrade then not go at all....was contemplating the POR royal rooms??
there will be DH, myself, DD5, DD4, and DD 8 months. It is only for three nights and we are doing one day at MK only....what would everyone suggest IF I do have to switch
My DH doesn't want to so we are waiting but with the discounts I am nervous that if I wait nothing will be available....thanks
What about WL? It might cost a bit less than the Polynesian. Or even the Contemporary Resort Wing Room? Check those out. You can still get to the MK easily from both of those resorts.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
What about WL? It might cost a bit less than the Polynesian. Or even the Contemporary Resort Wing Room? Check those out. You can still get to the MK easily from both of those resorts.
LOVE WL!!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #12
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
We stay at PO's and CSR the most and I would go with POR over CSR if you are wanting to do any family activities at the resort other than swimming. Like renting a surrey bike or a searacer boat, carriage ride, Yeehaa Bob puts on a great family friendly show, you also have the boat option to DTD and you can also use POFQ amenities as well. My DD's loved the RGR, they would always play the headboard fireworks a couple of times before falling asleep
Absolutely agree! POR is a beautiful resort. The main pool is lots of fun, there are quiet pools all over & you can also use the dragon slide pool at POFQ. And the boat ride to DTD is so pleasant & relaxing. We stay at YC usually but went back to POR in Sept 2010 & loved it! Sorry you have to downgrade, but hope you still have a magical time!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klitteral2009 View Post
Oh no! I know you were so excited and I was excited for you to see the Poly and tell me all about it LOL...what happened?
I stay home with the kids and work is a little unpredictable for my DH right now so planning in advance....really hoping to stay at the poly but just trying to plan ahead!

CR has no appeal to us and neither does WL so those two are out......when does everyone think the rooms for the RO discount will sell out??

I have paid for half the poly reservation so am going to try to pay it off and then hopefully keep it. I am just wanting to make sure we can do everything we want when we get there!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Absolutely agree! POR is a beautiful resort. The main pool is lots of fun, there are quiet pools all over & you can also use the dragon slide pool at POFQ. And the boat ride to DTD is so pleasant & relaxing. We stay at YC usually but went back to POR in Sept 2010 & loved it! Sorry you have to downgrade, but hope you still have a magical time!
Thanks....good to know about POR...the draw for me to that resort is the royal rooms.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
Racemom17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
We stayed at POR before the refurb...in the Alligator Bayou section and I have to say...it is probably one of the prettiest resorts on property...we were right behind a little pond...and it was so peaceful. We also were by the quiet pool and pretty much had the pool to ourselves all the time. We love the convenience of the deluxe-contemp and poly especially but our first choice is POR after that....I still feel like I am on vacation.

Racemom17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: