Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #16
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Wonder if because Beast is there is why it requires a credit card guarantee? When I made my ADR there for my May trip, I was surprised about the cc guarantee requirement.
Well, it's not just for character meals. The CC guarantee is required at places like 'Ohana too. They expect BOG reservations to be very popular, and of course it will be. The CC guarantee has helped immensely when it comes to snagging ADRs at some of the most popular restaurants, because instead of just not showing up, people are forced to actually cancel when their plans change, meaning someone else can actually fill that empty table in advance. Since this change there's pretty much no restaurant I've been unable to snag a table for the day before or day of.
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #17
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Wonder if because Beast is there is why it requires a credit card guarantee? When I made my ADR there for my May trip, I was surprised about the cc guarantee requirement.
I think it's just because they feel they can book the place solid even if it has a CC. There really is no down side to them for adding a CC guarantee as long as people will do it.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #18
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 View Post
So.... What do they do with the walk up area that you order and pay for your food at during the QS meal during the TS dinner? Do they cover it up, or is it still sitting right there? I realize its a silly thing, but that just seems wierd to me.
You order on kiosks, for the evening they are covered, and that room is where the Beast meets for pictures.

Go to easy WDW site, it has a very detailed overview of the restaurant with lots of pictures of the rooms and food reviews, the blogger is hilarious.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #19
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

You guys are so helpful! Last question - Are the menus the same for lunch and dinner, or totally different? TIA!
DisneyLvr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #20
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You guys are so helpful! Last question - Are the menus the same for lunch and dinner, or totally different? TIA!
From Allears:

Lunch menu

Dinner menu
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #21
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
So.... What do they do with the walk up area that you order and pay for your food at during the QS meal during the TS dinner? Do they cover it up, or is it still sitting right there? I realize its a silly thing, but that just seems wierd to me.
It is in a separate room. So they can bypass it at dinner. The areas of the dining rooms where the drink machines and condiments are for the counter service, are hidden behind walls at dinner.

Restaurants with credit card holds are not necessarily character meals. No doubt BOG has a credit card hold because guests are clamoring to book it, and they want to cut down on the possiblity of no-shows.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: