Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #286
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my DisFriends!!!

Hope each of you has a wonderful day with family and friends!! Eat well

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 11-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #287
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout
Just poppin' by to say...

In the spirit of tomorrow, I'm so very thankful for my RCing gals. All of you are tremendously wonderful women and I'm lucky to be a part of this thread.
Hi Peeps!

Miss .. I agree 100% All of you ladies are wonderful!!

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

And a very Happy birthday to Christine!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #288
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Christine!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #289
pas130
DIS Veteran

I am thankful for ALL my wonderful DIS family

As I reflect on a wonderful dinner with my kiddos and DH...I also reflect on 2 people I was able to help last night...a newborn who needed surgery, and a very kind man suffering horribly from the "C". The baby has a bright future since she is now in the best Children's hospital around, and soon her mom can be with her...the nice man and his wife, so positive, but scared, he is critically ill...but the love you could feel between them

I am blessed to be able to comfort others if only for a moment...and I am blessed to see CLEARLY how truly blessed I am to have my life each and every day...even when the days are long and hard.....

MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #290
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am thankful for ALL my wonderful DIS family

As I reflect on a wonderful dinner with my kiddos and DH...I also reflect on 2 people I was able to help last night...a newborn who needed surgery, and a very kind man suffering horribly from the "C". The baby has a bright future since she is now in the best Children's hospital around, and soon her mom can be with her...the nice man and his wife, so positive, but scared, he is critically ill...but the love you could feel between them

I am blessed to be able to comfort others if only for a moment...and I am blessed to see CLEARLY how truly blessed I am to have my life each and every day...even when the days are long and hard.....

MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how very well said Jeanette.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #291
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

how very well said Jeanette.
Thanks Jen
Old 11-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #292
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

I hope my RC peeps had a lovely Thanksgiving.

Mine? Not so great. Next year I'm skipping the IL's, DH can go alone if he wants. if my kids are told they are too picky and should eat more food one more time it won't be pretty.

Sorry MIL, it's not that they don't eat well. It's that they like food that resembles what it is supposed to be as opposed to your over-cooked, over-seasoned, fatty, greasy, over-sauced crap. I don't even like it, but I eat it with a smile and don't make rude comments because I have a filter and I don't like to hurt people's feelings or make them uncomfortable.

You can also quit berating them for not coming to see you more when, except for picking on them, you ignored them for hours. I doubt you even know any of their ages or middle names. You are the adult in the relationship, let's quit blaming the kids.

You have now embarrassed and ridiculed my kids one too many times and I'm not feeling the need expose them to that anymore. <rant over>

Happy Friday everyone. If you are shopping, I hope you get some great deals!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #293
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I hope my RC peeps had a lovely Thanksgiving.

Mine? Not so great. Next year I'm skipping the IL's, DH can go alone if he wants. if my kids are told they are too picky and should eat more food one more time it won't be pretty.

Sorry MIL, it's not that they don't eat well. It's that they like food that resembles what it is supposed to be as opposed to your over-cooked, over-seasoned, fatty, greasy, over-sauced crap. I don't even like it, but I eat it with a smile and don't make rude comments because I have a filter and I don't like to hurt people's feelings or make them uncomfortable.

You can also quit berating them for not coming to see you more when, except for picking on them, you ignored them for hours. I doubt you even know any of their ages or middle names. You are the adult in the relationship, let's quit blaming the kids.

You have now embarrassed and ridiculed my kids one too many times and I'm not feeling the need expose them to that anymore. <rant over>

Happy Friday everyone. If you are shopping, I hope you get some great deals!
Oh I am so sorry, and I can relate so much. These are the exact things my MIL was doing to my kids. Just include yelling at them too, in favor of a different grandchild. How any grandparent can treat their grandkids this way I will never understand. I think you are doing the right thing protecting your kiddos from this.

I hope today is better for you.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #294
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh I am so sorry, and I can relate so much. These are the exact things my MIL was doing to my kids. Just include yelling at them too, in favor of a different grandchild. How any grandparent can treat their grandkids this way I will never understand. I think you are doing the right thing protecting your kiddos from this.

I hope today is better for you.
Sorry you have to go through it too. We have the favoritism issue too. What is wrong with people?

Today is going to be great! My horrible kids started off the day by cleaning the house from top to bottom without even being asked. Even scrubbing floors and toilets. I love them so much
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #295
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Sorry you have to go through it too. We have the favoritism issue too. What is wrong with people?

Today is going to be great! My horrible kids started off the day by cleaning the house from top to bottom without even being asked. Even scrubbing floors and toilets. I love them so much
Wow! What a huge help that is! I am watching DH and the girls put up the tree, we have an artificial one. Our Elf on the Shelf is going to make his first appearance tomorrow morning too. We were going to wait until Dec 1 but what's a few days early right?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #296
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Oh, I heart the mouse, so sorry your Thanksgiving was less than steller Let's be honest, the Thanksgiving meal is not for most kids. My older one would eat turkey, but I remember my DH and I trying to sneak food off my younger DD's plate so no one would notice she wasn't eating. Then we always had to trip to the car "to look for something" where she would eat a sandwich we brought so she wouldn't be hungry. Pumpkin pie, not a kids favorite. I used to bring chocolate chip cookies for the kids, not caring what my in-laws thought!

miss, hope the turkey cooperated. Can't wait to hear the story of how it went

Grumpy Grandma, a low key day on Tuesday sounds perfect. My DD will be going home that day, not sure when, so if it is in the afternoon, she may want to go to the MK, one more time that morning before she leaves. However, one thing I thought would be nice is appetizers (and perhaps an adult beverage) in the Old Faithful Club at 5:00. Sound good?!

We had a nice Thanksgiving, just the four of us. My DD's cooked and my DH cleaned up. MY younger DD went back to NYC last night, she had to work today and my older DD is flying back to CA early tomorrow morning. It was nice to have them home
Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #297
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wow! What a huge help that is! I am watching DH and the girls put up the tree, we have an artificial one. Our Elf on the Shelf is going to make his first appearance tomorrow morning too. We were going to wait until Dec 1 but what's a few days early right?
What a fabulous day! Enjoy it We'll probably go artificial tree shopping tomorrow and set it up then. My adorable yet mischievous kitty loves to climb and tear it apart so it's time to start over. Plus the kid's school is asking for old decorations that they can repurpose so the time is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Oh, I heart the mouse, so sorry your Thanksgiving was less than steller Let's be honest, the Thanksgiving meal is not for most kids. My older one would eat turkey, but I remember my DH and I trying to sneak food off my younger DD's plate so no one would notice she wasn't eating. Then we always had to trip to the car "to look for something" where she would eat a sandwich we brought so she wouldn't be hungry. Pumpkin pie, not a kids favorite. I used to bring chocolate chip cookies for the kids, not caring what my in-laws thought!

miss, hope the turkey cooperated. Can't wait to hear the story of how it went

Grumpy Grandma, a low key day on Tuesday sounds perfect. My DD will be going home that day, not sure when, so if it is in the afternoon, she may want to go to the MK, one more time that morning before she leaves. However, one thing I thought would be nice is appetizers (and perhaps an adult beverage) in the Old Faithful Club at 5:00. Sound good?!

We had a nice Thanksgiving, just the four of us. My DD's cooked and my DH cleaned up. MY younger DD went back to NYC last night, she had to work today and my older DD is flying back to CA early tomorrow morning. It was nice to have them home
Wow, you are so smart! I will keep those ideas in my back pocket for the future!

I'm glad you got to spend a low key day with your family. I bet it was wonderful!

Old 11-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #298
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Wow i_heart_the_mouse - I'm sorry you had to deal with evil in-laws on Thanksgiving. That would make me so angry. Your kids definitely don't need to be subjected to that kind of negativity.

Luckily, I love my in-laws. We had DH big fat Greek family over for Thanksgiving yesterday...12 people. It was great, the girls always love playing with their cousins and dinner came out great. Clean up was not so much fun though.

Today, we woke up and pulled out all of the Christmas decorations!!! The tree is up and DH did his best Clark Griswold impression with the Christmas lights outside...but our display came out great!

For the first time ever, I am about 85% done shopping before December!!! I have a few small items to purchase but all the big purchases have been made. Sooooooooo excited!!! LOVE Christmas!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #299
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I am thinking about a change.......for my trip next weekend....EEK!!!!!

An atrium club level room opened up with an AP discount, obviously more than what I am paying for my BLV but I am thinking I could book CL and cancel the wishes dessert party since we could just watch wishes from the lounge balcony. I am sure even with the party and a couple of breakfasts and snacks we would do better money wise not changing to CL, but I am thinking of the convenience of watching the fireworks with tired cranky kids and not having fight the crowds back out of MK after the dessert party.

Considering we are supposed to be cutting back I am having a hard time justifying it, but DH told me to do whatever I wanted.

Help me!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #300
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I am thinking about a change.......for my trip next weekend....EEK!!!!!

An atrium club level room opened up with an AP discount, obviously more than what I am paying for my BLV but I am thinking I could book CL and cancel the wishes dessert party since we could just watch wishes from the lounge balcony. I am sure even with the party and a couple of breakfasts and snacks we would do better money wise not changing to CL, but I am thinking of the convenience of watching the fireworks with tired cranky kids and not having fight the crowds back out of MK after the dessert party.

Considering we are supposed to be cutting back I am having a hard time justifying it, but DH told me to do whatever I wanted.

Help me!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
The convenience factor is HUGE!!! And you can't get a better view, even at the dessert party. I say book it....also, I am on my 3rd glass of wine, so you might want to take that recommendation with a grain of salt...I am considering CL at AKL...but definitely AKL....DH is on board...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: